PDA

View Full Version : Renting quads in Pheonix AZ?

hockeyboy89
07-26-2004, 05:01 PM
I was going to pheonix Arizona and was wondering If I can rent a quad at any riding spots around there. If not, my vacation is pretty much going to suck

iride440ex
07-30-2004, 09:12 AM
Here's some places to call for ATV rentals:

Tony

There are many places in Phoenix where you can rent ATVs. Check the Yellow Pages for the most current listings under the category "All-Terrain Vehicles". Make sure to call and secure your reservation in advance as bikes go quickly, especially on holiday weekends. Check out the section "What kind of bike is right for me" below to help familiarize yourself with the different bikes available for rental. Most bike rentals include a trailer to tow the bike and safety gear including a helmet and gloves.

A-1 ATV Quad Rentals (602) 485-1800 16428 N. 32nd Street, Phoenix

Water Trix (480) 649-1418 49 S. Country Club, Mesa

What kind of ATV is right for me?
Here's a matrix of ATVs available for rental by skill level.
Beginner Intermediate Rider Advanced Rider Notes
Honda 250EX X X Clutch and manual shifting, elec start, good for Cinders ride
Honda Recon 250 X Auto clutch, manual shifting, elec start, good for Cinders ride
Honda 300EX X X Clutch and manual shifting, elec start, good for Cinders or beginner at Glamis
Honda 400EX X X High Performance, clutch and manual shifting, elec start, good for Cinders or Glamis ride
Kawasaki Lakota 300 X X Auto clutch, manual shifting, elec start, good for Cinders ride
Polaris Trailblazer 250 X X Auto clutch and shifting, elec start, good for Cinders ride or beginner at Glamis
Polaris 400 X X High Performance, auto clutch and shifting, elec start, good for Cinders ride or Glamis ride
Arctic Cat 250 X X Auto clutch and shifting, elec start, good for Cinders ride or beginner at Glamis
Arctic Cat 400 X X High Performance, auto clutch and shifting, elec start, good for Cinders ride or Glamis ride
Yamaha Blaster 200 X X Clutch and manual shifting, easy kick start, good for Cinders ride or Glamis ride

This information is also included on the AOC website at http://www.azoutclub.com and click on the ATV/Offroad button.

How much does renting an ATV cost?
It depends on how fast you want to go... the faster the bike, the more it costs. I don't recommend any of the high performance bikes for beginners (Honda 400EX, Polaris 400 Sport, Banshee, Honda TRX250R). You can rent a bike for about $100/day. Some people are talking about splitting the rental between two or three people to reduce the cost. This is a great idea! Find a friend who wants to go and do this!

What does an ATV rental include?
Normally you get the bike, the trailer to tow it with, a helmet, gloves an goggles included in the rental price. Make sure to ask for all these items as you will need them and they are normally included for free if you ask nicely. Some of us will have extra space on our trailers and will be able to haul your quad. Some others will have trucks that can haul the trailer that comes with your rental. If you know anyone with a pickup truck that can take an ATV or haul a trailer, please let us know!

When should I make my ATV rental reservation?
NOW!!!! That's my reason for sending out this email with plenty of advance notice! You must call and reserve your ATV today for the trip. If you wait, the ATVs will be gone, or if there's ATVs left, they will be the expensive ones!

Who should I contact for more info?
Feel free to call me anytime about the trip.
Eric Johnson
(602) 992-9514 - home
aoc@afpconsulting.com - home email