PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help!!!

JDiablo
07-26-2004, 02:55 PM
i guess this goes here...but anyway...i went up to my lakehouse on friday w/e and i had a couple new pc'd parts i put on...after all of that was done and finished i tried starting it up....nothing..i was like ok i have had this before it a dead battery...i charged it for 3 hours and retried it,still nothing,not even a buzzing sound from the start relay that you hear if the battery is dead,so i thought maybe the pc was the thick on the battery box,so i carved down all of that,still the same thing.....after i started getting pist and looking all over the place,i took the whole wiring harness off 3 times and looked at each wire,i cut away the wrapings of it to and checked out the wire,maked sure they are all good,put everything back toghter,and still nothing,replaced all fuses,checked all connections countless times....i checked the connections with a tachcometer:huh :confused: thing that you check for juice on the posotive and negative wires,im getting all good connections and what not and it still isn't starting,i push the starter button and nothing....so wtf is my problem?stator?:grr: any help would be appreciated at this time,lol

JDiablo
07-26-2004, 08:37 PM
c'mon guys i need help...how often do i ask for this>:(

416exmx
07-26-2004, 08:57 PM
what new pc'd parts did you put on?

Jingle 11
07-26-2004, 08:57 PM
u know ur gonna kill ureself. U need to grind the pc down to bare metal where the battery attaches to the frame so it will get a good connection thats what mine was.

JDiablo
07-26-2004, 09:02 PM
i did that already everything,got both layers of PC off and sanded it to a nice smooth finish,and still nothing,and power is getting to the wires cause i check the ignition wires,etc...im thinking it might be the stator...and anyway i got throttle cover,motor mounts,battery box,handle mounts just the tops in the same color as my frame,trans red,and i got the nerf bars mounts in high gloss black,stupid DG nerfs rust like a *****

crazyelece
07-26-2004, 09:20 PM
for starter problems work from the battery backwards. Take the battery to a local auto parts store and have them load test it. You can't do it with a handheld meter because it doesn't draw enough current to truly test the battery. If it tests ok then check the wiring from the battery to the starter solenoid (you said you checked all connections so I am assuming you can skip this or do it again for th ehell of it). If those are tight then check the solenoid. Check that the signal to switch is comming in from the starting switch and that the solenoid is actually operating. For a quick check short out the two large terminals with a screwdriver and see if the starter turns over. If the solenoid checks out ok check the wiring connections from the solenoid to the starter (again skip or check again). If that's not it undo the wire from the starter and check the voltage at the end of it. If you are getting juice then either your starter motor is cooked (or rusted) or it has a dead spot. Lightly tap the starter motor with a hammer and reattach the wires. See if it turns over now. If it starts then you may have a dead spot in the starter.

JDiablo
07-26-2004, 09:23 PM
i tried the thing with the two wires between the start relay and it makes a sounds and turns over,but i don't have a spark

roostin_dale
07-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
so wtf is my problem?stator?:grr: any help would be appreciated at this time,lol

hmmmm??? I have no idea. I dont think its your stator because it would atleast turn over and try to start...sorry man:confused:

roostin_dale
07-26-2004, 09:26 PM
ohhh, after reading that last post, it might be your stator now!

JDiablo
07-26-2004, 09:27 PM
read the post above....idk this one got me stumped,i worked on the quad all weekend trying to fix this and it just got me more amd more pissed off....if i can't get a direct answer and a i can fix it,looks like im going to have a early winter rebuild this year:(

JDiablo
07-26-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
ohhh, after reading that last post, it might be your stator now!

lol....how hard is it to change a stator...lol dun start flaming me either...?im afrad i might *** suttin up:huh

roostin_dale
07-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
lol....how hard is it to change a stator...lol dun start flaming me either...?im afrad i might *** suttin up:huh

Changing the stator isn't hard. BUT, the easiest thing and cheaper thing is have a dealer look at it, and just repair the one broken wire...:)if thats all it is

crazyelece
07-26-2004, 09:34 PM
before you go ripping out the stator check the coil pack. If you just don't have spark it will either be the coil pack or the stator. My suggestion for either of these you go get a clymer manual. They have great step-by-step instructions for the removal, testing, and instalation of that kind of stuff.

roostin_dale
07-26-2004, 09:36 PM
oh yea..forgot about the coil! Check that out too;)

JDiablo
07-26-2004, 09:43 PM
alright thanks guys....i have a clymer manua(but it was here in nj,and my quad is in NY at my lakehouse) that doesn't do me much good....well anyway..imma still order a new wiring harness,etc to go along with it,too....but what can that be from?my parents were yelling at me,saying that i did it cause i always take everything apart and put it back toghter,i told them that it prolly happened by itself,but they wouldnt believe me...but i took the piece off were the black plastic was and i slowly pulled it off,and seen gears or w/e so i hurried up and put it back on,lol i didnt want to make anything worse then it was

Toadz400
07-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Check to see if your solenoid(sp) is working. It's a little black cylinder-looking thing by your battery. Try tapping it a few times with your finger (hard tapping) and try starting your 300. My 400EX has been having this problem, all the connections are good and the battery is charged but NOTHING is happening when I push the starter. Now everytime I want to start it, I just hit the solenoid and it starts right up after that. I don't know anything about electronics but my dad supposedly does, he says that it is some sort of eletronic switch and it can get stuck I guess? I wasn't really paying attention...I was doing something else at the time so I just wanted him to get it fixed.

JDiablo
07-27-2004, 04:26 PM
its not that....i tried connecting the two things with a screw driver,it turned over,but i didnt have a spark,im thinking it is my stator,i hope it is,i just ordered one today,i hope i get it by next friday though:o

tigerdog
07-27-2004, 05:12 PM
a freind of mine crashed hi 300 and it would not start after, i know you may have already tried this but unplug the key and hook the wires together. something happened to his swith in the crash and he had nothing working after,no starter or lights.
we took the key switch out and plugged the wires together and everything worked fine. worth a try and it only takes a second.

JDiablo
07-27-2004, 05:15 PM
tried all of it,and anyway my quad is at my lakehouse:( in NY and im in NJ and im not going up there this weekend becase i have to go to my grandpas/grandmas 50th anniversary party