PDA

View Full Version : 250R plastic on 400ex

Florida400EX
07-25-2004, 09:32 PM
How does 250R plastic mount up on a 400ex. What's involved with mounting them on a 400ex, and how do they look on a 400ex. Pics would definetly be nice.

thanks!

quadmx7
07-26-2004, 06:38 PM
sandthrower has 250r plastic on his 400x and it looks nice. do a little searching, this topic has been talked about a good bit. when i get the money im also going with 250r plastic on my 426. the front it not hard to mount up, but u do have to modify the seat.

sandthrower
07-27-2004, 07:16 AM
YUP Sure do

Just look at my post photoshop needed:blah:

markk
07-30-2004, 01:25 PM
crashinmatt
He posted this msg, a while back when i was askin the same question! This will probley help u out!!! I was thinkin the same thing!

fronts r easy from ex to r and vice versa. the r plastic on the ex is basically raisin the rear mount up 2 inches or so. but the rears r the hard part. u need a r seat, and then u need to move the front mounts where the plastic hooks in. they need to be moved closer, and turn to face out instead of in. now if u want it to look good, then u need to mount a r gas tank on it. which consists of cuttin the plastic between the engine and the tank on the ex, and maksome mounts for the front of the tank, and the rear. on theleft side u need to mount the petcock somewhere near that mount. it is possible i was thinkin about doin it and decided to borrow a friends plastic and tank and everything to see what it would take. i spent 2 hours changin parts back and forth seein what was needed and how to mount it, and decided it wasnt worth the time and effort for me. but if i wanted to do it bad enough it could have been done.

I want to thank my Sponsors, Speed Freaks, On The Edge Honda, Wiseco, Scott goggles, Houser racing, and Carb Parts Warehouse