PDA

View Full Version : need some help with my 426

fultz416ex
07-25-2004, 08:58 PM
i am having a problem with my 426. i raced one moto last sunday and it ran fine. then i found out that i had cut the wire to my fuse. i fixed that and it won't idle now. after it is warm, and i let it idle for a few seconds and i go to give it gas, it sounds like it is starving for gas and it will die but i haven't had a problem for about three months since i put it together. when i start it up i have to give it a little gas to keep it runnig. i thought it might be my filter because it was dirty. so i cleaned it and it didn't help. haven't pulled the plug yet. could it be my valves? i took the card off today and pulled th top and bottom off and cleaned them. what do you guys think it could be? thanks
travis

plkmonster2
07-25-2004, 09:12 PM
Your pilot sounds lean to me. Have you changed it yet? Try a 42. Now, what was the fuse to? IS it just the battery fuse? Has the weather changed at all? I doubt it to be the valves, but it wouldn't hurt to check them either. Too loose, and you will lose power, and thre will be excessive noise. Too tight, and it may backfire and/or lose power.

quadmx7
07-25-2004, 09:19 PM
yep i'd be willing to bet its your pilot jet. my cosuin just had the same problem in his 440ex, we treid puttin my carb on and everything but when he called allen at CT he told him to change his pilot jet and he put a differnt main in it and it runs perfect now.