PDA

View Full Version : Bike sat for 1 year

apalusso
07-25-2004, 07:43 PM
I have a question about my 400ex sitting for a year without being ridden. First I know my bike should not have sat that long without being ridden. I got relocated for work purposes and could not bring it along.

So my question is...I have not tried to fire it up just because I am afraid that since it sat for so long that when I start it up for the first time something might not work. So what should I do to get the bike ready to ride? Any thoughts....or any suggestions. Do I have to worry about the bike since it sat for so long. There was a bit of gas in the tank as well...but before I left I change the oil and filters and air filter.

Thanks for your help.

Aaron Palusso

theTman
07-25-2004, 07:45 PM
i say drain the gas and start fresh

TC426EX
07-25-2004, 07:48 PM
You should just need some fresh gas in there and thats it. I dont think any of your bushings would have froze or dry rotted in a year, so just put some gas in her and ride it around!

redroost85
07-25-2004, 08:15 PM
You may have to put a charge to your battery too.

Also, after you run it initially, I would change out the oil and the filter just to be safe. I would also lube any pivot points.....my philosophy is that you can never use too much lube, lol!;)