PDA

View Full Version : Oregon riders

chad400ex
04-02-2002, 05:49 PM
Hey there, I just picked up a 400ex about a month and a half ago. I've been riding 3 wheelers and quads for a long time, but I'm new to riding in the sand dunes. I'm looking for some new local people to go riding with in the Sand Dunes. I'm available at least one day out of every weekend, and in the Summer I'll be able to take off for some longer trips. So far I've made one trip out to Sand Lake to try out my Gecko's. They worked pretty good, as far as I can tell. I beat a banshee up the hill, so I was happy about that. Anyway, drop me a line if anyone's interested in going riding.

JOEX
04-02-2002, 09:46 PM
I usually have to work weekends but i'm off this Sat. (6th) and next Sat. (13th). I MIGHT make a day trip to Sandlake depending on the weather. Probably not this Sat. though.

Welcome to EXRIDERS,

Joe

chad400ex
04-02-2002, 10:09 PM
I think I'll go to Sand Lake on Saturday the 13th. I'm going to be putting my new pipe on this weekend, and rejetting the carb. Drop me a line if you think you can make it.

brokenbones
04-03-2002, 07:12 PM
hope your new pipe is below 92db all my friends had to pull off the aftermarket pipes last year at florence i ride a 2 stoke so i just run when i see those green and white trucks but anyhow i will be at florence the 25th,26thand the 27th in the campground honey man the h loop

brokenbones
new baby at home and toys are still in the garage

chad400ex
04-03-2002, 09:05 PM
Well....I know that it won't be less than 92 dB. From what I've read, the Yoshi pipe is one of the quieter ones for the 400ex. I figure as long as the guys with the Raptors, DS 650's, and Banshees with T-5 pipes are out there, I won't seem near as loud as them. I usually ride at Sand Lake, because it is closer, but I will make sure to have new packing in my muffler any time I go to the Oregon Dunes.

04-05-2002, 07:11 PM
The way i feel about it is, I think that it sould be maditory for a quad or sand rail but i think it is stupid for dirtbikes and trucks\cars to have a flag. I think that they are enforcing too many laws and it is taking away the enjoyment of riding. On the other hand though, safty is always a good thing.

big-guy
04-07-2002, 08:12 PM
I think flags on bikes are stupid, it makes it hard to get on and off, especially in an emergency. Too bad we couldn't just screen for IQ and common sense. Keep those people in a "special" section.

chad400ex
04-07-2002, 08:27 PM
Yes, flags are a pain at times, but if my having a flag on my bike keeps me from getting squashed by a sandrail, I'll just keep riding with one on my bike. Everyone needs to use a little common sense when riding out in the dunes. Use a spotter when doing big jumps, never approach the top of a big hill in the middle of the hill where people are drag racing up it. There's lots of things to do that only experience will teach you. Unfortunately, you and I have to watch out for the morons out there that aren't paying attention. Anyways....I'd rather be riding than complaining about other people. Life's too short.:blah

rc3
04-07-2002, 08:52 PM
Well chad as for your theory on the Banshee's and two stroke's. it seems to me they catch all the loud 4-strokes. They are so used to the 2-stroke sound that they don't worry about them.

Also I don't know where you are from, but we are planning a camping trip to Christmas Valley sand dunes May 10th-12th. It would be great if you want to come. We are trying to get a big croud. Well if you are interested, leave me reply on here or email me @ rjciii@hotmail.com
Hope to hear from you

New-400ex_guy
04-11-2002, 04:25 PM
when i get my new 400ex broke in and get some paddles ill be out at the dunes, ive only rode once out there so im a newbie, even though i live 5 miles from box car hehe. :D . im live in north bend btw, email me if you wanna go riding or know where the good trail riding spots are. .

twisted threads
04-12-2002, 04:45 AM
That is Awsome that you live in north bend. I half to drive 5 - 6 hours to get to Coos Bay. I may be there memorial day weekend.

Deathbringer
04-12-2002, 03:35 PM
Flags are a pain..especially when you break them 4 times a weekend...
BUT!!!!!!!!!

They do save lives because of there height and being able to see you coming or them coming on a hill farther off... So I will put up with it, just for the saftey of them..

JOEX
04-12-2002, 10:40 PM
I know it's a bit late....i'm not going to make it this week:( .
I'm off again next Fri./Sat. (19-20) maybe then?

Joe

Chef
04-12-2002, 11:02 PM
Well....Maybe I will make it one of these weekends?

I haven't been caught by a green and white truck yet, and hopefully i wont be. There are a ton of loud raptors and DS's, they usually get those guys first. A tip on if you are just parked back at the trailer and one drives by: If you aren't just pencil thin, get off the quad and stand in the right place to block your exhaust from view, that way the rangers dont see it, and you dont get a ticket. Then just dont leave the trailer till they are gone or you are prepared to high-tail it out of there

out4sand
04-26-2002, 12:42 PM
Hey Deathbringer -

If you have a problem with breaking flags (I certainly did), on your next trip to Sand Lake stop into the Store/gas station right before you turn into the dunes and ask them for a steel flag (Q-whip is the brand name). They keep them behind the counter and I think the are $35 but you will not break it. Worst case you'll bend it if you roll really bad but you can just bend it back straight with out a problem. They are totally worth the money!

http://www.out4sand.com

twisted threads
04-26-2002, 02:02 PM
I got a steel flag on my R and It is lots better and never had a problem comparied to the regular flags. One thing I do hate about it is that some times when I jump and come down hard the flag hits the back of my helmet and scares me half to death. LOL:D

kid300ex
04-26-2002, 06:14 PM
When I went to sand lakes I bought one of those flags too, Only I added a Confederate flag under the orange flag part :D

Deathbringer
04-28-2002, 10:46 PM
OUT4SAND.....
Thanks I will check it out..
Went there this weekend and rolled my quad twice..arggggg it was not my weekend, hurt myself but only bent just a little my brake...and it flipped down a hill and landed in some trees.

twisted threads
04-29-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Deathbringer

Went there this weekend and rolled my quad twice..arggggg it was not my weekend, hurt myself but only bent just a little my brake...and it flipped down a hill and landed in some trees.

That suck! ;) Been there done that. I been to sand lakes a bunch of times and it seem like when ever I wreck its because me and my dudies are showing of and if roll my bike NOT FUN!:D

I think me and my brothers are going down to sand lakes on
May 11 if any one else is going may be I will see you there.:cool:

out4sand
04-29-2002, 01:30 PM
Rolling is never fun and always seems to happen in the worst spots!

There is a good chance that I will be at Sand Lakes this weekend if the weather is nice (4-5th) and should on the 11-12th as well. And then to Coos Bay for Memorial Day weekend 23-27th

04-29-2002, 01:51 PM
Hey Out4,

Have you been to Sand Lake for any Memorial weekends? I want to know if due to it's size, would it be too busy to go there...
Thanks,

chad400ex
04-29-2002, 01:55 PM
Out4sand,

I'll be at Sand Lake this Saturday too, if weather is good. I ride a red '02 400EX with mad eye light covers. I'll park at the east end lot in the sand. Red Ford Ranger Ext. Cab w/ Oregon plates. If the weather is crummy, I'll probably stay home. Right now it looks like Friday may be a better day for riding. If that's the case, I'll probably take the day off and go then instead. Anyway...I'd like to meet you guys if you decide to go. I know a few others that plan on going out this weekend too.

twisted threads
04-29-2002, 01:59 PM
crashmaster my bud was at Sandlakes last year for memorial day weekend and he said that it was crazy! People everywere.

I was at CoosBay last year and it was cool. My wife wants to go back this year but I don't think we can find a spot to camp. Were are you going to stay at Out4sand??

04-29-2002, 02:15 PM
I figured...
I'll have to do some more investigating.

What about Winchester for that weekend?

Deathbringer
04-29-2002, 05:45 PM
Yeah I couldn't believe it... I flipped my quad and it rolled down a hill into some trees..took us about an hour to get it out. Then about 5 mins later my brother in law hits a tree on a hill climb.. then an hour later I flip the d**m thing again.... First flip got me a bruised hand.. the second got me a bruised chest and arm...also yanked my arm off as I tried to stop it from going down the hill... I did stop it...but I am paying for it now. My brother in law got a rosey nice bruise on his leg from his crash.. overall was a great weekend for riding but good god could have done without the crashes....

04-29-2002, 08:40 PM
Did somebody say, Crash...:devil

rhandw69
04-30-2002, 01:02 PM
Well Im not sure what the plan is for this weekend, but i may venture down to SL on Friday, ride all day then head home that evening. I will be at Winchester from the 23rd of may throught the 29th. Cant waite!!!

twisted threads
05-01-2002, 03:54 AM
I talked to my little brothers today and decided that we are going to sand lakes for the day on May 11. Even though sand lakes is small it is still fun. :D

rc3
05-02-2002, 08:38 PM
going camping at christmas valley may 10th-12th. If any of you are interested in gowing let me know at rjciii@hotmail.com

chad400ex
05-02-2002, 08:50 PM
Anyone that's headed to Sand Lake on Friday (May 3rd), look for me out there. I'd like to meet some more people from on here. I'll be riding a red 400ex, and I will be riding with a guy on a Cannondale, a 416ex, a raptor, and a few old guys (the geritol group) on banshees. I'm going to park in the sand by the parking lot closest to the ocean. Red '01 Ford Ranger. Hope to see some more people out there.

Chad

rhandw69
05-03-2002, 08:30 AM
Im hoping to see people down at xmas valley that trip. Im going to try to make it there. Im not sure how far of a drive it is from Portland, Ill be driving down from Tacoma.

TwistedThreads,,,what part of Washington are you from???

twisted threads
05-04-2002, 11:58 AM
I live by Elma. About 20 min from Oly.:)

JOEX
05-04-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by twisted threads
I live by Elma. About 20 min from Oly.:)
I've been going to the World Of Outlaws sprint car races at Elma for the last 4-5 years. It's alot of fun. Elma's a nice little town.:)

Joe

twisted threads
05-04-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

I've been going to the World Of Outlaws sprint car races at Elma for the last 4-5 years. It's alot of fun. Elma's a nice little town.:)

Joe

ME to!! The Outlaws are awsome and fast. I have went every year so far. Going this summer also.:D