PDA

View Full Version : Don't knock works shocks

dynofox
07-25-2004, 08:15 AM
I bought a pair of used works shocks with rezzies and tripple rate springs a few ago and after doing some riding yesterday I was really impressed with them. While riding I would see tree roots and ruts that would usually toss me around with the stock shocks but with the works they sucked it right up. I've heard a lot of people knock them but for trail riding I thnk they work great, plus for $250 I couldn't go wrong.

beak7707
07-25-2004, 09:35 AM
Everybody knows they are better than stock, and for that price you did pretty good. But get a pair of Elka's or Axis then tell everybody how great those works are. Thats what people are saying, compared to other aftermarket shock they dont even come close. I had them on my 300ex and my friend has them on his R and they are a nice improvement over stock, but thats about it.

TC426EX
07-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Nobody said works shocks werent good, especially for rec riding...

Florida400EX
07-25-2004, 04:28 PM
They ARE a rec shock. They just couldn't hold up to my riding at the track, and I broke a couple mid springs, and was tired of getting beat up. I sold them and went with TCS. HUGE DIFFERENCE! But the works aren't bad for trails, and messing around.