PDA

View Full Version : Need REV. Limiter

Tumbleweed
07-25-2004, 02:46 AM
Due to a variety of factors, I need to turn my nearly new 400EX in to a "Guest Bike." My last experiance with "guests" resulted in the rider fiddling with the ESP selector on a Rubicon. Rather than staying in AUTO mode like I planned and instructed, they effed with it, wound the pizz out of it in first gear and did'nt even know anything was wrong ("Oh yeah, it seemed like it won't go as fast as before..." No kidding) While waiting for the group to catch up, I heard the screaming engine as the Rubi approached. I nearly vomited. Best buddys wife, what could I do.
Needless to say, I don't have the Rubicon anymore.

Anyway, I need something that will keep my 400EX from getting the pizz revved out of it. Any suggestions? Yeah, I know, the best thing is not to let anyone ride it. I save that plan of action for my new 450R. Help me out here. Thanks guys.

khen
07-25-2004, 08:43 AM
The stock limiter is pretty mild but I imagine even at that for prolonged periods the engine could be damaged. The only thing I could suggest is to adjust the throttle cable so it's not opening the carb all the way at max throw. You could then re-adjust it for more advanced riders.