PDA

View Full Version : HMF Slip-On for a 400ex?

plkmonster2
07-25-2004, 12:24 AM
I've read around the boards for a while. I'm starting to lean toward the HMF brand of pipe. I only want a slip-on to compliment my filter and jet kit. What I want to know is how these pipes compare to the Yoshimura's FMF Power Core 4, and the White Brothers E- Series, all slip-on. On ATV Parts Depot, they have the slip on for 209. IS there any place that has is cheaper? Does anyone have a full review on the pipe? Thanks Again, plk

Oh Yeah, forgot, I was looking at the Yoshi pipes, but where can you get a slip on?

TC426EX
07-25-2004, 07:44 AM
The HMF is better than all of those if you ask me... Besides the awesome power, they are some of the best built pipes in the business with great customer service. Get the HMF and leave the Yosh for the Suzuki guys....

rollie
07-25-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
The HMF is better than all of those if you ask me... Besides the awesome power, they are some of the best built pipes in the business with great customer service. Get the HMF and leave the Yosh for the Suzuki guys....

yeah i have an FMF on my 300 and i wish i would have gotten a HMF:(

jcs327
07-25-2004, 04:42 PM
I have an HMF slip on my 400ex and it rocks like no other pipe I have ever seen. i am 33 years old and have been riding quads since back in the day, and I have never seen a slip on that will match the HMF. just remember to jet correctly for your local altitude and humidity. HMF recommends a 162 main, but I run a 155 at 500" altitude and it runs great. If you don't know the altitude of your area, just call your local airport and ask them for the ground level altitude, then call your local shop and find out what everyone else is running. You need to also go up on your pilot jet. I think you will be very happy with the HMF

ReconRider25
07-25-2004, 06:05 PM
i put an hmf slip on with a k&n w/outerwear and a dynojety jet kit on my 400ex and i can beat z's/kfx's with the complete yoshi pipes anmd mines just a slip on. id say its the best slip on pipe for the 400ex.:macho and you can order it directly from the factory for $209 and it only took 4 days to come in.