PDA

View Full Version : Hard or soft!?

hondarider88
07-24-2004, 11:28 PM
I'm sure this ? has been asked on this forum before, but i haven't found it yet so here goes... What is the best setting for the shocks when your mx racing? A lil harder setting or a lil softer? Right now they are on the stock settings and when i land bigger jumps it is a lil bit of a rough landing.. any suggestons!? thanks alot!!:D

450rboy
07-25-2004, 07:58 AM
yea i woundering the same thing.

ajr400ex
07-25-2004, 10:28 AM
I turned the rebound towards hard (full hard). This slows the rebound down. I softened the compression and reduced the preload on the springs. Made a big difference. I race XC so the setup would be a lille different for MX. On bigger jumps I can bottom out with this setup. I would slow the rebound down and play with the compression a bit for MX. You don't want to bottom it out, but you want to use most of the shock travel available.

REDARMYRACER
07-25-2004, 05:36 PM
i too was pondering the shock setup.

i talked to a few people at the track and they all turn the preload softer(loosen the spring).

i haven't tried anything yet though.

hondarider88
07-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Ya me neither... i guess i should just try different variations until i find what's best.. but if someone can hurry that process along for us i'd be very thankful! lol

450rboy
07-25-2004, 08:47 PM
ok this has been going through my head all day. it has been getting too me. which one is the rebound and which one compression. please tell me for goodness secks. haaaaaaaaa

250rmike
07-25-2004, 08:59 PM
you just have to play with the setting some people like hard shocks and some people like soft. i like to have it right in the middle i dont want it to bottom out on the bigger jumps but i also want it to be soft when going down the straights through the bumps

REDARMYRACER
07-25-2004, 09:02 PM
some like it hard somelike it soft

you jus gotta work it the right way

hahhahahhaaa