PDA

View Full Version : lets clear the jetting rumors!!!

REDARMYRACER
07-24-2004, 09:13 PM
With a 4 stroke motor you have a big window to jet with, and the bike will still run good.

a two stroke is more touchy

with the gas used today, a spark plug reading isn't the final say.

If the bike makes black film on the inside of the exhaust end quickly it is proably to rich.

it is also probably better to run more rich then more lean.

Lean means hot

with minminal mods (no motor work) the only thing you'll probably need to change is the main jet.

the more mods u got the bigger the jet you'll need

be careful though, a stock 450r has a 118 main, the hrc kit bumps it up to a 185.

try switching main jets before screwing with everything else, main jets are the easiest to change, you don't even need to remove the carb

main jets are the most used during riding, thats where most of the fuel is coming from

talk to the guys at Curtis sparks or esr for good information

DON'T LISTEN TO ME I'M AN IDIOT AND WOULDN'T WANT TO SEE ANYONES BIKE BLOW UP CAUSE IT'S TO LEAN OR RICH!!!!!

this ofcourse is only for the sake of arguement!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA:devil:

jeepeater347
07-25-2004, 08:37 AM
So what are you running for jetting with your setup?

benwa450r
07-25-2004, 04:49 PM
I run a 190 main with airbox lid full open Sparks exhaust, sparks filter but I am at sea-level with HRC kit. May have to go leaner if higher than sea-level.

REDARMYRACER
07-25-2004, 05:06 PM
with my setup, no airbox and full exhaust w/ an hrc kit i run a 190 main in Michigan i dunno the altitude though typically u got about a thousand feet of varience.

the hrc kit came with a different needle.