PDA

View Full Version : whats the best mod

450rboy
07-24-2004, 08:29 PM
well i was thinking and what do you guys and girls think the best mod it for the 450r. i think what i am gonna do first is get a full system exhaust and get a crf450 carb from the dirt bike and put on it. but i don't think i will be getting anything soon because i just got my 450r today. and i paid a lot of money for the warranty for 4 years. but i am pretty sure i will have it paid off before 2 years. it cost me like 7000$ in all. i put a 3250$ down payment on it.

but what do you think guys and girls are the best mods.

and tell what pipes you like

thanks bye

REDARMYRACER
07-24-2004, 08:35 PM
YA GOTTA START SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!!

the best spot to start is exhaust and intake.

you don't need a carb right out of the gate. get a pipe then an airbox eleminator kit and you'll notice a huge change!!!!

HRC kit will help

remember to rejet when u do these mods!!!!!!

hahahahahahahhahaaa

Honda Jay
07-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Pipe, cam, filter, and rejet and it will be a whole entire different bike, not even close to stock! Never mind the carb, it is not needed, trust me a pipe and cam will be and is plenty for 90% of us. Have fun!

Jay

450rboy
07-24-2004, 10:32 PM
ok thanks

red2004 TRX450R
07-26-2004, 10:02 AM
I all so live in PA and if you trail ride the mods I would do is skid plates, new tires (6 ply), take out the spark arrester and air box lid (but use an outerwear lid), bumpers, steering damper, nurf bars, peg extenders. Play with the shock settings. If you just woods ride and are not racing the HP mods other than what I stated are not necessary until you get some more seat time and feel conformal with speed of the bike in the woods.

I think the rider’s skill and the handling of the bike is most important and will make you go faster.
I have out run many piped and camed 450 and beat them with the mods I listed.

o ya what i stated will not void your Warranty, just make sure you put the air box lid back on first.

Just my .02$

450rboy
07-26-2004, 02:44 PM
well man i wood maybe do some of that stuff if i had the money. but i got no money now. the only way probably if i get anything is if i get it for christmas or my birthday. and for right now i would like a front bumper and nerf bars. and i will wear these tires that i got on it till next spring probably.

but thanks thought for tell me

r450rr
07-26-2004, 02:52 PM
a higher comp.. piston isnt a bad idea on top of that stuff:D

07-26-2004, 02:58 PM
i can tell you now that those rear ires will prob. not last you untill spring unless you ride very little...if you ride all the time I bet they will last until thanksgiving from now

250rmike
07-26-2004, 04:28 PM
get your shocks revalved for your weight and what you ride will notice a huge gain and it will make you faster regardless if you in the woods or if your on the track. make more of a difference than engine mods

450rboy
07-26-2004, 08:13 PM
well i will try to get a set rear for the winter but i will have to try. because i don't want to spend the money till after winter. how much do a set of rear tires cost

450rboy
07-26-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
get your shocks revalved for your weight and what you ride will notice a huge gain and it will make you faster regardless if you in the woods or if your on the track. make more of a difference than engine mods

ok but i ain't gonna change it and the guy i work with will do it for free for me if i want him. but i want to get use to it. and i will probably change all the shocks around after winter. then when i do change them. i want to feel a huge difference. i want to get good on something. and still beat people just to show them i am good. because some of my friends don't thing i am good. but i know i will be after winter.

250rmike
07-26-2004, 08:53 PM
you could get derisi or elka tcs etc to rebuild them and revalve with different springs like ssd and they should be as good as aftermarket shocks while still being cheaper

450rboy
07-26-2004, 08:56 PM
no i ain't gonna mess with my shocks during or after winter.

Got nads?
07-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
i can tell you now that those rear ires will prob. not last you untill spring unless you ride very little...if you ride all the time I bet they will last until thanksgiving from now

That depends on what kind of terrain he rides on!!

450rboy
07-26-2004, 09:18 PM
well i do trail riding and i do ride on the pavment. and i need some for the winter. i mostly just need them through the winter. then i will wear them till summer probably

250rmike
07-26-2004, 09:25 PM
i was just stating what the best mod would be. thats what you asked the best mod is waht you need if you need tires that will last either bandits they last forever or razr II's i have also heard last pretty good but they are pretty expensive. if you get alot of snow where you are and ride trails or roads and dont need to worry to much about the tire weight you could also check out realetor they work awsome in the snow and a fairly good trail tires.

450rboy
07-26-2004, 10:13 PM
i no. i have already saved everything that everyone has said. so i won't for get. thanks

joe1l
07-26-2004, 11:52 PM
If your looking for the best mod to do first, I would get the GT Thunder rear linkage and rear shock revalve ($250) this will eliminated the nasty rear wheel hop that it has in stock form. As far as motor mods, just take your airbox lid off, or cut it, and get a jet kit ($30) this will give you a big performance gain, will help out the tall first gear.

250rmike
07-27-2004, 08:48 AM
he doesnt want to touch the suspension yet