PDA

View Full Version : wtb 400ex head

crazyelece
07-24-2004, 01:11 PM
I need a head that will fit a 2001 400ex with stock motor, preferably with good valve assemblies but not required.

quadcustoms
07-25-2004, 04:10 PM
i have good head with no valves and i have a head with cam scars in the head with good valves ill sell you both for 200.00

crazyelece
07-25-2004, 08:37 PM
What are cam scars? I don't want to sound dumb, but this is the first top end job I have done. Is the head still usable or does that make it trash?

quadcustoms
07-25-2004, 08:41 PM
long story short head without valves nees thehead with the valves put in it,then you willhave a good head

mikeboone
07-25-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by crazyelece
What are cam scars? I don't want to sound dumb, but this is the first top end job I have done. Is the head still usable or does that make it trash?

Crazy: he is referring to a head that has been run out/very low of oil on top end and the cam journals wears grooves on the head surface. You can sell the bad head for scrap alum. but thats about it.

quadcustoms
07-26-2004, 05:25 AM
read the post more carefully mike boone,i have a bad head with good valves and a good head with out,the valves need to be took from one and put in another,i sold you two heads did i sell you bad heads mike boone,i am not selling bad parts!david

mikeboone
07-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by quadcustoms
read the post more carefully mike boone,i have a bad head with good valves and a good head with out,the valves need to be took from one and put in another,i sold you two heads did i sell you bad heads mike boone,i am not selling bad parts!david

Hold on David. I am not saying your selling bad parts! The bad head that HAS the valves wont be any good other than for parts. He WILL have one good working head between the two. I bought two heads from you and may buy some more:confused:

quadcustoms
07-26-2004, 08:13 PM
yeah thats what i was trying to say all along the pair of heads will make one good one,man this enough taling about heads sounds nasty:devil:

hows about a bunch of engine parts?
these heads extra set of stock valves they are good
stock bottom end
scared up cyliner another engine in a box completely dis assembled no head about 3-4 rocker boxes

crazyelece
07-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I have a bid in on a full ready to bolt on head/cam/sprocket/head cover and if it falls through I'll let you know. If it does fall through though I will need to get the valves reseated to the other head at a shop correct? and if so do you know about how much it'll cost?

Thanks

quadcustoms
07-26-2004, 08:30 PM
ASK BOONE ILL JUST SEND IT STRAIGHT TO HIM

mikeboone
07-26-2004, 08:47 PM
David--I got to hold off a week or so on parts--I have almost 3 complete 400ex motors in pieces now. July sales are slooowww:rolleyes: (Heads dont last long though)

Crazy_--You wont need any machine work. Just pop the valves in the other head. You will need access to a valve spring compressor.

crazyelece
07-26-2004, 08:51 PM
I have that and all the valves off my head. I just accidentally broke the head when trying to remove the guides (DOH!)

quadcustoms
07-26-2004, 09:00 PM
I HAVE BEEN HUNTING A 400EX ENGINE FOR AWHILE I FINALLY GOT ONE LAST NIGHT OFF EBAY,LAST YEAR THEY WERE EVERYWHERE,I NEVERTHOUGHT I WOULD NEED ANOTHER,BUT I DID.

crazyelece
07-26-2004, 09:04 PM
well I won the ebay auction but I may still want another spare seeing as how I already have a set of valves and springs and crap. Plus until I recieve it I won't let this thread go unlooked. Does Boone do all kinds of 400 engine work. I am kind of tinkering with the idea of having the cylinder overbored or getting one off ebay to overbore since I already have the top of the engine tore down anyway.

INFANTRY RACING
07-27-2004, 10:27 PM
i have a ported head that also had new valves 3 races ago. if you wanna make an offer

Florida400EX
08-01-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by crazyelece
well I won the ebay auction but I may still want another spare seeing as how I already have a set of valves and springs and crap. Plus until I recieve it I won't let this thread go unlooked. Does Boone do all kinds of 400 engine work. I am kind of tinkering with the idea of having the cylinder overbored or getting one off ebay to overbore since I already have the top of the engine tore down anyway.

If you want to really wake up your motor, I have a White Bro's track cam forsale. It's easy to install, and hard rockers aren't required, but definetly recommended if you don't check your valves often. Here's a pic, let me know.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/p850148c0775aec3e8bacdcfc29d7053a/f7a0207c.jpg

crazyelece
08-01-2004, 07:27 AM
I already have a brand new stage one hotcam to go into it. Picked it up for almost half price so I couldn't turn it down.

Thanks anyway though