PDA

View Full Version : 300ex Won't Start

oriclez
07-24-2004, 10:34 AM
Well, I went to start my quad, and I heard a Pop. So a few days later I open up the left crank case to check the one way clutch. The one way starter got moved foward to where the drive gear on the starter wouldn't spin it, so I pushed everything back. I figured before I installed the gaskets, ect I would just put the left case cover on with screws along with the starter cover and its gears. So at this point I hooked back up the electrical and went to start it and it did nothing. Would the reverse lever have anything to do with this? Since I know you cant start the quad in reverse, but I never adjusted the reverse lever other than taking it off and putting it back on. I screwed around with adjusting the lever but it still wouldn't stop. I don't have a headlight connected right now, so im not sure if its getting any power.

oriclez
07-24-2004, 10:37 AM
PS, I hooked up a jumper box to my battery so I know my battery has a connection.

plkmonster2
07-24-2004, 12:52 PM
If it's stuck in gear (or reverse) Can you not just pull in the clutch and hit the starter button?

oriclez
07-24-2004, 12:58 PM
The 300ex has a saftey device you can't start your quad when the reverse left is pulled up.

plkmonster2
07-24-2004, 02:12 PM
Ok, but can't you rock the quad back and forth t get it into a forward gear? HAve you tried to jump the starter to see if the motor runs?

oriclez
07-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Yah I made sure the battery wasn't dead so that isnt the problem. Its something electrical or the damn reverse im gonn alook into it now.