PDA

View Full Version : 300ex Ignition key moved to headlight?

wrk24wheel
07-24-2004, 07:23 AM
Has anyone tried to put the ignition key in the headlight holder? I have not tried to disassemble mine yet and was wondering if someone else had attempted this first. Is there enough room?

rollie
07-24-2004, 09:31 AM
i dont think there enough room when i took my light off it the light takes up alot of it just drill a hole in the side plastic and put the ignition in there then sacure it with some tie wraps

:)

Locknload82
07-25-2004, 07:35 PM
I did this to my sons 300ex. I removed the green light for the neutral indicator and reinstalled it on the other side of the light behind the red reverse indicator light. I then drilled out the hole where the green light was and installed the key switch in that hole. You need to drill the hole out to a 1" diameter to mount the key switch in.

You cannot mount the key switch in the middle of the headlight cover. There is not enough room there, the back of the light will hit it.

I thought about moving it to the side plastic under the handlebars, Thought it would be handier on top of the light, and worried he would hit it with his knee if it was mounted on the side.

wrk24wheel
07-25-2004, 07:57 PM
Thanks I like that idea. There really is no need for the reverse light.