PDA

View Full Version : any racers for loretta lynns?

racergurl99
07-24-2004, 01:06 AM
Is any one racin at loretta lynns in august? if so..whats tha track like?

cdalejef
07-24-2004, 07:14 AM
The jumps are small and easy but the track does get rough!

quadchick3
07-25-2004, 10:10 PM
Well not all of the jumps are small theres alot of doubles but its a fun track. be prepared though it looks easy but it gets really rough out there. they dont water the track down that much and it develops some serious ruts and blue grooves.

i will be racing womens b/c. (426ex #3) Quadgirls.com is having a pizza pot luck on friday night. go to www.quadgirls.com forums for more info. we're trying to get all the women A &B/C to come out for it.

markk
07-26-2004, 12:49 AM
The track is pretty easy, Alot of rolling jumps, But if u really want to see somthing runny at Loreta Lynns MX track, U should watch all of us amature riders when she hostes the GNCC! Thats funny there! But yeah the track is pretty nice, and the grounds are awsome!

YamaWarr0121
07-26-2004, 10:34 AM
I'll be there racing..track sounds pretty descent! are the pics from the GNCC race still up? are they of the mx track we'll be racing??;)

cdalejef
07-26-2004, 10:45 AM
Yes, the pics of the GNCC race are on the MX track.

roostin_dale
07-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Ill be there racing youth production...never been there before though.

YamaWarr0121...you gunna be at southwick?

dunk19d
07-26-2004, 09:28 PM
i will be at loretta's. the track is definately not the best one on the series, it gets all worn out the week before from all the dirtbikes and they rarely touch anything on the track after the bikes leave. everything is worn down and worn out! but it's loretta's so everybody goes anyway! the atmosphere is great, you can go swimming, and also manage to loose about 20 pounds in one weekend due to the fact that it's usualy well over 100 degrees there! but if you've never been there, you gotta go!!!

ILGNCC400EX
07-27-2004, 04:33 PM
whats the date.we like to go watch it is a nice place

Bill Fuller
07-27-2004, 04:48 PM
I think it's August 14 through 16 or somewhere whatever that weekend is.I usually go down on Thursday night.I don't race MX but I do watch for 3 days and I haven't noticed the track getting as bad as everbody is saying.I have been going to Lorrettas for about 8 years now.Who knows maybe I'll enter the XC class and see what the YFZ can do:macho

KYmxracer52
07-27-2004, 06:37 PM
I'm planning on going. I'll be racing the 4stroke B class on my Cannondale. #52. I'll be in a lifted, red chevy ext. cab truck with a big Cannondale sticker on the back window. My trailer is a white 8.5'x20' Vnose with stickers on each side. Look me up. I should be there Friday morning sometime. Is it hard to find a pit area on Friday mornings?

quadchick3
07-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Lorettas is from Aug 12-15.

The track might not look that bad, but once your out there ur just dying to see that checkered flag it'll be one of the longest 4 laps u'll ride. I personally think lorettas is the a more challenging track than macon ga.

finding a good spot on friday morning would probably be impossible they'd set u up with a spot way out infront of the pool where the spectators park or up by the cabins probably.

Bill Fuller
07-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Quadchick thanks for setting me straight.I didn't have a calender in front of me.As far as a good site you better come early,I have been going down on Thursday afternoon for about five years now and it gets harder and harder to find a spot.

bradley300
07-27-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
I think it's August 14 through 16 or somewhere whatever that weekend is.I usually go down on Thursday night.I don't race MX but I do watch for 3 days and I haven't noticed the track getting as bad as everbody is saying.I have been going to Lorrettas for about 8 years now.Who knows maybe I'll enter the XC class and see what the YFZ can do:macho

bill you cant very well see the track conditions if your facing the creek or pool can ya?

KYmxracer52
07-27-2004, 09:38 PM
the gates only open up so early on Thursday don't they? If the place is packed by Friday morning, then 60% of the people must flood in on Thursday evening. I went down there in 02, but just watched. Didn't really pay any attention to how the pits were laid out. Is the pool and cabins a long ways away from the track? Where do the Pro's have their pits? is it close to the big creek?

Zwanter
07-27-2004, 10:06 PM
no you can come in earlier than thurs. cause there were people down there camping when i went to look at the track this past weekend. the track doesnt even look like its close to being ready. the rhythm section in the front next to the road looks like its not even connected to the track from where the grass is grown up.

quadchick3
07-28-2004, 06:36 AM
The gates open on wednesday sometime. We got there around 2 in the afternoon on wednesday last year and got a great spot with water and electric hookup :). The pro pits are kinda scattered around. Some park on vender road, others take some of the water and electic hookup stops and the rest just kinda pile in between (before the starting gate).

so do you guys think that the cliff will be roped off this year that sucked last year we kept getting yelled at the whole weekend.:mad:

YamaWarr0121
07-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
Ill be there racing youth production...never been there before though.

YamaWarr0121...you gunna be at southwick?

yep ill be there dude, i'm cdaleracer0128 over at cdaleriders.com and yfzcentral..

i'll be racing 265 C and Prod C

07-28-2004, 12:22 PM
ill be there watching

gimp419
07-29-2004, 08:07 AM
I'll be there, wouldn't miss it for the world. The track isn't anything special but the turnout for this round is amazing. It wouldn't surprise me if 800 riders show up this year. Can't wait to see how many qualifiers Production B is gonna have to run, YUCK!!!

07-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Ok I am going to sound like an idoit but i have been there twice for GNCCs. WHERE ARE THE CABINS??????

xc400ex
07-29-2004, 02:22 PM
exactly what I was wondering

Zwanter
07-29-2004, 07:04 PM
well theres some up the hill and then i cant remember EXACTLY where the others are but its not hard to miss em. i think they might be past the track.

Colin Blue
08-01-2004, 08:35 PM
i'm going to watch for sure, and i am gonna try my best to race, but i have a broken wrist and i doubt that it can take the much of a beating. i ride a blue yfz with K&K graphics #12