07-23-2004, 09:20 PM
hey what is a good wey to shift win i am racing that is e-z on my bike
:)

Toadz400
07-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by 400ex men
hey what is a good wey to shift win i am racing that is e-z on my bike
:)

Uh...use the clutch? Be in the right range of RPMs if you don't use the clutch...just be smart about it;) .

400ex men
07-23-2004, 09:44 PM
but what a Bout theThrottle wood it be ok to shift win in full Throttle??????????????

Toadz400
07-23-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by 400ex men
but what a Bout theThrottle wood it be ok to shift win in full Throttle??????????????

You don't want to be giving it any throttle when you shift, and if you're talking about still giving it throttle while having the clutch in...you'll just be slipping your clutch and causing wear on the plates I believe.

Just learn to shift quicker and you won't have to worry about giving it throttle inbetween, because if you practice enough, you can shift in a split second and it won't matter either way.;)

400ex men
07-23-2004, 09:51 PM
ok i can do that tu!

Toadz400
07-23-2004, 09:55 PM
Oh and also learn up on your grammar and spelling. Helps you get chicks at the track;) . Chicks dig geeks:cool: . :p

Jingle 11
07-23-2004, 10:08 PM
ill tell u what will help. GO back to english class so we can understand ur dumbarse.

westcoastmxer
07-25-2004, 06:47 AM
i powershift evertime i shift wen im racin itll make u allot faster!;) ..powershift is wen u have it full throttle but pull in the clutch real quick and shift but not lettin off the throttle.

TC426EX
07-25-2004, 07:41 AM
I only powershift sometimes while racing when its necessary. You just need to put more seat time in on your bike and ride it until you feel like it is an extension of you... Everything will come naturally. I dont even have to think about shifting or what gear to carry, it just comes naturally. Also, master using your clutch. The clutch is your ultimate tool to keep your bike in the meat of its powerband. Say you lugged it a little bit tall out of a corner you can usually feather the clutch for a second and get those RPM's up to where they need to be. Shifting should not take much time at all either way while racing you just need to know generally what gear you will need to be in to adjust for your speed for corners mainly. Is it a tight turn and will you need to go down 1 gear or 2? Inside line? Carve the outside? You will know what to do once you know your bike's behavior inside and out like I said. You want to definitely know your bike's capabilities in each gear and how much you can clutch it before you go out racing and hitting big doubles with other people close to or in front of you 'cause someone could get seriously hurt. More seat time is the answer....

Jingle 11
07-25-2004, 04:25 PM
exactly u just need to get used to it and it will only take a spilt second to shift.

nakomis0
07-25-2004, 04:27 PM
I have been i guess 'power shifting' my stock clutch for 4yrs and its still the OEM.

I'd say 70% of the time I barely use the clutch, pretty much I keep the throttle pinned, and shift, sometimes pulling the clutch 1/4 of an inch. just to help it engage a lilttle.

but 4 yrs... stock clutch.. thats even kinda hard to believe for me because I drag race alot and at the start , I use all clutch to keep the front end down. I would think that would beat the hell out of it but ... still running.

I do have stiffer spings but other than that stock.