PDA

View Full Version : So.... id you all hear what Polaris went and done???

QuadJunkies
07-23-2004, 01:31 AM
http://atv.polarisindustries.com/atv/modelFamily.aspx?Family=CC437111-852E-44F1-AA17-A0FE79488F3D&PostingKey=59085ca8-a048-4609-9e4c-5d49d2cd46b4

it now has reverse.......:) Good???,Bad??? Wieght?????:huh Just what it needs......:grr: these guysneed to pull there head out and get a 450!!!:macho Reverse is great, but I would have much rather seen a 450 or the Predator put on a diet.....:(

At this point ....... I would just like to see ours running.......:o LOL...

Pvt. Maggot
07-23-2004, 01:55 AM
call em up and tell them you want one of those new motors with the reverse :p hah...hope ya get it fixed soon :)

Cole Trane
07-23-2004, 01:55 AM
That's the only problem with the predators in my opinion, the weight. They feel so heavy compared to 400's and 450's. They are fast though.

hondarider2006
07-23-2004, 02:17 AM
I think that they need to work on the weight of that thing!! Reverse is really nice, I wish I had it on my 400 now that it has +3 a-arms and an axle, But the preditor weighs enough as it is....Just added weight for that thing IMO:o

Pvt. Maggot
07-23-2004, 03:59 AM
man i just remembered that i rode a pred...man i loved that thing...didn't feel too bad to me...it felt like it needed to shed a few..but it felt very compeditive...had alot of power....it had an hmf that thing sounded good...wow i can't believe i forgot that lol :o

FreekShow
07-23-2004, 06:33 AM
Sportsman 800 EFI with dual exhaust system:eek2:

Ericthered rdr
07-23-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by FreekShow
Sportsman 800 EFI with dual exhaust system:eek2:

Since when is 760cc An 800?:huh
Does that make the Raptor a 700?
$8,500...WTF!!!
765LBS. imagine that flipping over on you:huh

jvd182
07-23-2004, 07:33 AM
sweetimhopingthatteycancomeoutwithreverseonthese45 0'snew
wtf
my
space
bar
aint
working
sry

roostin_dale
07-23-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by jvd182
wtf
my
space
bar
aint
working
sry

lmfao!:devil:

07-23-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by jvd182
wtf
my
space
bar
aint
working
sry :huh even if your space bar did work there I still prob. couldnt of read half of that :huh

redroost85
07-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Polaris....:o They mean well, but just can't seem to get a good finished product on anything they build.:(

They need to start taking lessons from Honda, lol!:devil:

TC426EX
07-23-2004, 08:19 AM
Besides utility quads, I think Polaris blows... Unless you are a strict trail rider why would you ever buy a predator? Even their trail quads are stupid. They use macpherson strut suspension for cryin out loud. They have alot of dumb designs from their engineering team that have me shaking my head. What they need to do is just fire the whole department and hire some new talent that is up to speed with the sport market... The predator is the most mismatched bike ever. Why would you make it 500cc??? If they wanted people to use it for high performance racing and whatever they should have made it ATVA legal. Now you got to get a kit to de-bore it from them and that costs a ton. Waste of money quads. On the other hand if they wanted it to be an open classer, why make it only 500cc and not more? Plus its heavy and the plastic design is stupid as hell.....

QuadJunkies
07-23-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by redroost85
Polaris....:o They mean well, but just can't seem to get a good finished product on anything they build.:(

They need to start taking lessons from Honda, lol!:devil: Maybe they could bot h talk and figure out why both of them keep having cracked frames......:o

QuadJunkies
07-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
call em up and tell them you want one of those new motors with the reverse :p hah...hope ya get it fixed soon :) Thanks... We atcually had a motor all lined up toi buy yesterday,called them up.They backed out of the sale:mad: . This way we would have TWO motors.Both was going to be blue printed and one with a few more ponies than the other :D . But now it looks like were back to square one:( I shipped the motor to Ohio The warrenty people wont warrenty the quad W/O the whole thing beuing there...:mad: SOOOOOOO........ Looks like its getting shipped to Ohio.....Wonder what other excuse they will use to not warrenty it.....:rolleyes:

wilkin250r
07-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Honestly, I think it's a better move than putting the Predator on a diet. Personally, I think anything over 450cc should have reverse, not as a regulation, but just as a general industry standard. Let's face it, the only people that are anti-reverse are those looking to race, and if they are looking to race, they will be buying a 450cc.

I can't picture them decreasing the wieght on the Predator. Even if they shave some pounds, that still won't make it the "race ready" quad that the YFZ and 450R are, which is where all the money is at. If they were going to do major research, it would probably be best served in a 450cc to compete with the YFZ.

So, all in all, I think reverse was a smart move. I'm wondering why the heck the DS650 doesn't have reverse. :huh

300exOH
07-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Thanks... We atcually had a motor all lined up toi buy yesterday,called them up.They backed out of the sale:mad: . This way we would have TWO motors.Both was going to be blue printed and one with a few more ponies than the other :D . But now it looks like were back to square one:( I shipped the motor to Ohio The warrenty people wont warrenty the quad W/O the whole thing beuing there...:mad: SOOOOOOO........ Looks like its getting shipped to Ohio.....Wonder what other excuse they will use to not warrenty it.....:rolleyes:

Why Ohio? I thought Polaris was in Wisconsin? Hope you get it straightened out. I thought Polaris had better customer relations than that.

I also saw they updated the Preds shifter. I thought it needed that too. It felt very notchy before almost like an auto clutch machine.

07-23-2004, 09:46 AM
if the ds650 had reverse I may have gotten one..if not me then my dad would of...he may get a kfx700

QuadJunkies
07-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Why Ohio? I thought Polaris was in Wisconsin? Hope you get it straightened out. I thought Polaris had better customer relations than that.

I also saw they updated the Preds shifter. I thought it needed that too. It felt very notchy before almost like an auto clutch machine. Troys sponsor is in Ohio and he specializes in the Polaris........;)

300exOH
07-23-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Troys sponsor is in Ohio and he specializes in the Polaris........;)

Cool. I didn't know there where any Polaris builders in Ohio and I live here.:eek2:

Tommy 17
07-23-2004, 12:36 PM
i see the new dale earnhart has rezzy fox shocks on it...

also i like it in orange but i'd never buy one...

Toadz400
07-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Besides utility quads, I think Polaris blows... Unless you are a strict trail rider why would you ever buy a predator? Even their trail quads are stupid. They use macpherson strut suspension for cryin out loud. They have alot of dumb designs from their engineering team that have me shaking my head. What they need to do is just fire the whole department and hire some new talent that is up to speed with the sport market... The predator is the most mismatched bike ever. Why would you make it 500cc??? If they wanted people to use it for high performance racing and whatever they should have made it ATVA legal. Now you got to get a kit to de-bore it from them and that costs a ton. Waste of money quads. On the other hand if they wanted it to be an open classer, why make it only 500cc and not more? Plus its heavy and the plastic design is stupid as hell.....

I agree with you. I also agree with wilkin on the reverse idea.

There is a Polaris manufacturing plant in the town where I go to school...I shake my head everytime I go past it. I think Polaris should just quit while they are behind and stay in the snowmobile industry. :p Sorry, Pure Polaris Hater here...I hate choosing companies, but I would never own one of their machines, just a waste of money to me.

Has anyone heard about Polaris making dirtbikes?? I remember hearing this rumor like a year ago, and just recently a friend of mine said that his uncle who works with Polaris could get him a discount on a dirtbike??:confused:

polarisbabe468
07-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX

god guys like u piss me off..i get ***** all the time fromt he guys cause i ride polaris but u know how many yfz n hondas i beat?? ya tons n i cant even count how many times ive hauled my friends hondas off hte track in fact saturday i had to haul ryan once n randy 2 off the track n guess wat they ride bolth hondas...... polaris may not be the best bike but its reliable....how many times have u ever rode one on a track???? ya ........ watever its a good bike n im not goin to fight with ya bout it!!
how bout u just get urs down here n well have alil race ight???
crystal:blah:

Toadz400
07-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by polarisbabe468
god guys like u piss me off..i get ***** all the time fromt he guys cause i ride polaris but u know how many yfz n hondas i beat?? ya tons n i cant even count how many times ive hauled my friends hondas off hte track in fact saturday i had to haul ryan once n randy 2 off the track n guess wat they ride bolth hondas...... polaris may not be the best bike but its reliable....how many times have u ever rode one on a track???? ya ........ watever its a good bike n im not goin to fight with ya bout it!!
crystal:blah:

I have no problem with the Predator because I've never ridden one, and I've heard a lot of good things about their power and reliability. But everything else seems to just completely blow, all their utilities and the other "Sport" quads that they have. Their 250 and 400 2-strokes are a joke.

QuadJunkies
07-23-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Cool. I didn't know there where any Polaris builders in Ohio and I live here.:eek2: Its in Essex......;)

QuadJunkies
07-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by polarisbabe468
crystal:blah: LMAO!!!! Calm down girl.......:macho :blah: The Predator IS a great quad.....I just wish it was lighter . Its a handful on a mx track.........

Punk'd
07-23-2004, 09:13 PM
http://pi54.com/atv/modelimages/05Predator500tl_studio.jpg

Punk'd
07-23-2004, 09:19 PM
http://pi54.com/atv/modelimages/05Predator500_studio.jpg

Punk'd
07-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
if the ds650 had reverse I may have gotten one..if not me then my dad would of...he may get a kfx700

Only thing i dont like about the kfx700 is its auto:(

Butters
07-23-2004, 09:30 PM
looks as like they meant well. but with the reverse i bet it will attract more people.

07-23-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Only thing i dont like about the kfx700 is its auto:( have u even ridden one?

Honda4trax250x
07-23-2004, 10:24 PM
well, reverse may not be a bad idea, it sure is too heavy to push out of holes and stuff lol

Punk'd
07-24-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
have u even ridden one?

Nope but shifting is half the fun