PDA

View Full Version : Pipe Shootout

#1speedbump
07-22-2004, 10:38 PM
Does anyone know of any pipe comparisons that were done on the TRX, on the same dyno, in the same conditions???? I really want to buy a pipe but cant decide until I SEE some dyno graphs. I know dyno's arent everything but they do tell something and give a good starting point. Maybe one of the Mods could work with the site sponsors and work this out. We deserve the same treatment as other quad owners and the mags have yet to give us a shootout. Personally I have emailed them all asking for this but still NO shootout. Sorry for the rambling just frustrated over this matter

kwatts400
07-23-2004, 12:56 AM
I'm hoping to see this soon too, but I want to see how they compare sound wise as well.

07-23-2004, 07:31 AM
the latest dirt wheels did a test on like 12 pipes for the YFZ...results will be similar to the TRX...check it out

MY450R
07-23-2004, 08:53 AM
i got an e series full exaust and it makes a huuuuuggee difference
with power alot more grunt i mean a lot!
i think the best pipie out now is the two brothers c-7 v.a.l.e.
boasts 40% more hp than stock

Pappy
07-23-2004, 08:58 AM
i tried the HMF ballance pipe and although loud, it worked great. I believe the standard HMF pipe makes more peak HP but doesnt smooth out the power delivery as the ballance series does.

i just recieved the new white brothers E2 pipe in and ill be trying her out soon

sparky450AR
07-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by MY450R
i got an e series full exaust and it makes a huuuuuggee difference
with power alot more grunt i mean a lot!
i think the best pipie out now is the two brothers c-7 v.a.l.e.
boasts 40% more hp than stock

So your saying a pipe is going to give my R roughly 17 horsepower....ha. If two brothers told you that, I wouldnt buy from them because they are lying to you.

sparky450AR
07-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i tried the HMF ballance pipe and although loud, it worked great. I believe the standard HMF pipe makes more peak HP but doesnt smooth out the power delivery as the ballance series does.

i just recieved the new white brothers E2 pipe in and ill be trying her out soon

Pappy, post a pic of the E2 when you get it installed. Is the E2 like there aluminum race version of the pro carbon?

Want to sell your ballance pipe to me?

#1speedbump
07-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Pappy please let us know how the e2 compares with your HMF.

JUmbo, I seen that shootout but it was only a slip on comparison, I am more interested in a complete system as I have been told the Honda head pipe is very restrictive.

Actually alot of these companies make similar claims to that 40% that is claimed by TB, however their pipe is just a slip on if I am not mistaken

Pappy
07-23-2004, 12:30 PM
unless its in the "bend", i cant see the stock head pipe on the 450R or YFZ being restrictive. the stock silencers are without a doubt restrictive, but id beg to differ on the headpipes

bigblock
07-23-2004, 01:05 PM
I run the two brothers on mine. I'm not sure how much more power it added seeing how I still run stock lid and jets.

but the sound is awesome, deep but not deafening ie: lrd, yosh.

r450rr
07-23-2004, 02:09 PM
yoshi loud?? hah :rolleyes:

sparky450AR
07-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by #1speedbump
Pappy please let us know how the e2 compares with your HMF.

JUmbo, I seen that shootout but it was only a slip on comparison, I am more interested in a complete system as I have been told the Honda head pipe is very restrictive.

Actually alot of these companies make similar claims to that 40% that is claimed by TB, however their pipe is just a slip on if I am not mistaken

No pipe, on any quad, will boast a 40% HP gain. Advertising can get rediculous.

Pappy
07-23-2004, 08:38 PM
well i got her powdercoated and installed.

yes the quads muddy but thats what happens when you ride when its raining:o and for those that will ask, i wiped off the pipe before i took the picture.

it is most deffinatley quieter then any other pipe ive owned on my 400ex's or my 450R. it is louder then stock but not like most pipes.

power was decent, it revs clean and fast to redline.

it is assembled with small allen head bolts that were quickly replaced with rivets.

over all i think it will do nicely

Pappy
07-23-2004, 08:39 PM
helps to add a picture

Pappy
07-23-2004, 08:40 PM
its shorter also which should..i say should...prevent a smashed pipe unless someone gets all up in your ***:grr:

Hammer trx450r
07-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
unless its in the "bend", i cant see the stock head pipe on the 450R or YFZ being restrictive. the stock silencers are without a doubt restrictive, but id beg to differ on the headpipes

i agree pappy, my TC head pipe isn't that much bigger than stock.

Damn that thing looks stealth like

Pappy
07-23-2004, 09:11 PM
yeah my theme on this quad will be "back in black" and i aint sayin nooo mo":devil:

cinigen9
07-23-2004, 10:08 PM
Pappy,

I got an e2 in the mail today - mine doesnt come close to fitting onto the stock headpipe - it is too large - did yours come with a spacer or clamp of some sort to connect it to the headpipe?

thanks
Carson

Pappy
07-24-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by cinigen9
Pappy,

I got a used e2 in the mail today - mine doesnt come close to fitting onto the stock headpipe - it is too large - did yours come with a spacer or clamp of some sort to connect it to the headpipe?

thanks
Carson

yes, they come with a billet spacer that fits the headpipe to the slip on pipe

cinigen9
07-24-2004, 07:04 AM
looks like mine is missing that.

thanks
Carson

Pappy
07-24-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by cinigen9
looks like mine is missing that.

thanks
Carson

id call jeff, 866-243-4464 and if white bros. has them he can pick it up. might be the fastest way:(

REDARMYRACER
07-24-2004, 09:27 PM
how did the bike get dirty and the pipe stay clean?????

hahhahahahhahahhaa

looks go though!

i have a Bills pipe on my 450 and i like it, sounds good makes good power!:devil:

lukester720
07-25-2004, 03:37 AM
I am a mod on another site and one of the guys who comes to the site is the owner of a pipe company and he said that they only make a slip-on for the yfz because the headpipe is good on that quad and he didn't want to make a headpipe just like the stock one and screw people out of their money. He does make a full system for the 450r because he said there were decent gains to be made with a different headpipe. Hope this helps guys.

sparky450AR
07-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by lukester720
I am a mod on another site and one of the guys who comes to the site is the owner of a pipe company and he said that they only make a slip-on for the yfz because the headpipe is good on that quad and he didn't want to make a headpipe just like the stock one and screw people out of their money. He does make a full system for the 450r because he said there were decent gains to be made with a different headpipe. Hope this helps guys.

It does help, thanks.

Also, pappy....what happened to the ballance series?