PDA

View Full Version : Magura Hydraulic Clutch 450r?

timscherer
07-22-2004, 10:30 PM
Has anyone used a Magura Hydraulic Clutch for there new 450R? Do any of you recommend to have one for motocross? I know I get a lot of arm pump when racing and power shift because of it, and that's not good on the transmission, I am looking for an effortless way for shifting. Any ideas would be thankful.

Thanks
Tim

CdaleXtreme
07-23-2004, 08:27 AM
compared to the old 250R and other bikes from back in the day, the 450R is a dream to use. In my opinion the hyd. isnt worth the extra money. The quality of your clutch perch will have alot to do with your difficulty of pull. I reccomend junking the stock one and get an RTC perch and lever. They truly make the clutch pull about 20-30% lighter. but less force equals more distance. so you will lose a little clutch feel. But its much easier than stock. Also Take your cable out of your clutch perch and use wd-40 or an all purpose spary lube, and use the needle, push it down between the cable and the cable housing as best as you can, and spray small amount of lube down the cable. youll have to wait for the lube to drain down the cable before spraying again. Its a little tedious but well worth it. and it wil extend your cable life considerably. Also, ride ride ride. get your muscles into condition, do some cardio exercise to help your heart and lungs pump blood more effeciently to those oxygen starved forearms. Sorry I will step down from my soapbox. hope I was of some help :blah:

sparky450AR
07-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by CdaleXtreme
compared to the old 250R and other bikes from back in the day, the 450R is a dream to use. In my opinion the hyd. isnt worth the extra money. The quality of your clutch perch will have alot to do with your difficulty of pull. I reccomend junking the stock one and get an RTC perch and lever. They truly make the clutch pull about 20-30% lighter. but less force equals more distance. so you will lose a little clutch feel. But its much easier than stock. Also Take your cable out of your clutch perch and use wd-40 or an all purpose spary lube, and use the needle, push it down between the cable and the cable housing as best as you can, and spray small amount of lube down the cable. youll have to wait for the lube to drain down the cable before spraying again. Its a little tedious but well worth it. and it wil extend your cable life considerably. Also, ride ride ride. get your muscles into condition, do some cardio exercise to help your heart and lungs pump blood more effeciently to those oxygen starved forearms. Sorry I will step down from my soapbox. hope I was of some help :blah:

Good post. But one thing I love about my 450R is the clutch. Honda engineered it perfectly, the feel, pull, and everything. Works Connection makes a very nice adjustable on the fly perch, if you arent happy with your stock.

I have heard very good things about the Magura, think if your front brake were a cable, it would be twice as hard. I have also heard with the magura you dont lose any clutch feel.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-23-2004, 10:25 AM
I agree the 450r has easy clutch pull especially with the rtc lever, way better than my 400ex, if you have a hard time with armpump and fatigue I would recommend the Rekluse auto clutch.

sparky450AR
07-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
I agree the 450r has easy clutch pull especially with the rtc lever, way better than my 400ex, if you have a hard time with armpump and fatigue I would recommend the Rekluse auto clutch.

Or if the rekluse is a little too expensive you could use one of these.

http://adelaide.citysearch.com.au/E/V/ADELA/0058/30/60/64.jpg:D