PDA

View Full Version : Hipers and tires

Sc0
07-22-2004, 07:10 PM
I am trying to reseal my tires but, the tires lip won't clear the seating area on the wheel and this in turn won't let the beadlock ring seat properly. (This pinches the tire and causes air leaks... hence my problem) Anyone else have this problem and if so what was the solution?

Tires are Razr2's...

250rmike
07-22-2004, 07:46 PM
i had this problem today when mounting my holeshots on champion beadlocks. its almost as if the tires not bike enough right? what i did was just pushed the bead on starting at the edge. i just slowly forced it on and that worked you might try lubing part of the tire to help it slide on but this may also help it slide off

Sc0
07-22-2004, 08:07 PM
I have no problems putting the tire on or off, the problem is trying to position the bead properly before I tighten the beadlock ring down. On the Hipers you have a small recess or lip that the tire bead sits around, so when the beadlock ring is tightened it fully seats and everything is sealed and happy. My problem is that the tire bead seems to have shrunk or expanded a bit and will not fully sit in the recess anymore, which in turn prevents me from putting the beadlock ring on properly, which causes my current problem of air leaks.

250rmike
07-22-2004, 08:48 PM
thats what im talking about the little recess. part of my tires wernt fitting in it so i slowly worked oon the parts that wernt and pushed them until they did

cdalejef
07-23-2004, 06:31 AM
I use a razor knife and trim the extra rubber off the bead. It won't hurt the tire at all.

250rmike
07-23-2004, 07:56 AM
thats what else i was thinking just forgot to post it.

Sc0
07-23-2004, 03:00 PM
I have the tire in back of my car right now, if some oil or something contaminated the rubber maybe it might dry itself out, if not i'll trim a little until it fits. Someone mentioned trimming Holeshots to fit on the Hipers but I didn't know what exactly they trimmed...

Thanks for the tip, I am hesitant to do certain things and therefore never think of doing them and need some outside assistance from my bubble.

cdalejef
07-23-2004, 03:08 PM
Just shave off the rubber that hangs over the grove on the rim.

Sc0
07-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the tip, and the Hipers and other items that were purchased from your storefront. Will update when I try trim them.