PDA

View Full Version : Jeting and pipe question PLEASE...

tahoe97
08-28-2001, 09:58 PM
If i were to go with the slip on white brothers exhaust and say put 4 of those uni filter vents on my air box and bought the K&N power kit which includes the K&N filter and jet kit.. Or should i just buy one of those jet kits..

My question is how hard is it to jet the carb.. i have oh i would say average mechanical skill never really dealt with carbs though.. and also after the jeting would any of the controls on the carb need adjusting.. If so how could i tell when they are adjusted properly.

Thanks and also if anyone knows of any good supe ups for the 400ex that does not require jeting or anything of (you know a person with average to poor skills wouldnt have trouble with)..

i am really looking for more power but need to know my options and everything and you guys have the answers..:confused:

kc 300EX
08-28-2001, 10:52 PM
a little while ago, i bought a jet kit for my 300EX, let me tell you, I had NO idea what i was doing, i didnt even know what a jet was, but the instructions are so simple that I was amazed, it tells you exactly what to do, and exactly how to tell if you did it right, my advice is buy a K&N jet kit.....buy the cheap one thats 45 bux

400exBro
08-29-2001, 10:01 AM
i run the same setup as you(almost no uni filter vents) i have a WB slip on and K&N power kit, and jetting is pretty start forward just follow the instuructions given in the jet kit, the only problem i had was changing the needle but i got it done!!
WB is great pipe i love it, it has a nice bark to it!!!!

By the way i am 14 years old so i think you will be able to jet the carb..
400exBro