PDA

View Full Version : All balls or Pivot Works?

honda400exrider
07-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Its come time to replace my swingarm bearings and I was wondering which one is better/ lasts longer/ etc. I dont really know anything about either of the two bearings. If you have any other suggestions or feedback, I would greatly appreciate it. Oh and any tips for getting them off? They've been on for about two and a half years so I have the feeling the old bearings are not going to come out easily. Thanks.

Colby@C&DRacing
07-22-2004, 06:48 PM
We have used both and can't say either is bettter they both preform well an last about the same with maintance.

98red
07-23-2004, 01:27 PM
pivot works tend to last longer and i think they are cheaper too.

Juggalo
07-23-2004, 02:46 PM
i just got my pivot works swingarm rebuild kit. i havent installed it yet but it looks like some decent stuff..at least as good as stock. i have never had any experience with all balls tho but i doubt you'd really notice a difference between any of the brands. just get whatever you can get the best deal on

maxamillion
07-24-2004, 10:04 AM
i just installed the pivot works bearings on my 400ex. they seem to be good quality and fit great. tips to get old bearings out = BFH lol. mine were all rusted, when i took the swingarm off the needles just fell out and were all broken. then i took a socket and used that to hammer out the rest of the bearings. it also helps to oil everything up before you install the new ones.

user101
07-24-2004, 01:35 PM
i think a bearing is a bearing....they will all last and perform about the same

honda400exrider
08-03-2004, 08:09 PM
oh woops i wrote it wrong, it was axle bearings if it makes and difference, and does that include everything ill need to get through rocky mountain? also is it common to replace the lock nuts when replacing them or should they be fine? :confused:

parkers30
08-11-2004, 08:43 AM
go with who ever is cheaper (neither one makes their own bearings), I have a set a set of opened but unused All Ball's axle bearings and seals if you are interested PM me Ican't use em I had to replace my carrier

Chino
08-12-2004, 12:00 AM
I'd recommend getting an aftermarket loc nut after taking your old one off, they just seem like a sum ***** to keep tight after u loosen them onced

hondarider2006
08-12-2004, 01:44 AM
had to replace a friends axle bearings...and he got the all balls bearings, they seem to be doing great!