PDA

View Full Version : Doubles

400 EX FREAK
07-22-2004, 09:38 AM
hey, am i the only guy in here that is a little bit scared of doubles, i'm scared of em cuz i always worry about casing it with the front tires and flipping of the handle bars, i'm also scared of triples, the same reason why ,my favorite jump is the table top, you can't case em

rollie
07-22-2004, 04:29 PM
yeah i like table tops alot better but once i get enough corage to hit a double a couple times i get used to it and hit it but i agree with you i like tables alot more

just my .02:)

reconmaster
07-23-2004, 06:18 AM
doubles r so much more fun cause its a pure adrenaline rush if u clear it and u no u got good skills if u clear the gap the sceret 4 doin this is build small gap jumps (8ftrs @1st) then 1ce u start over shootin them like nuttin add another 5-10 ft 2 the gap and do the same process and 2 start off so u no what gear u need 2 be in go up the face of the jump (jumpin ramp) a few times pull on the brakes and roll back and do the same on ur down pad(landin ramp) Make sure ur face of the jump has a sweet lip and ur down pad is long and steep. And if u have 2 giver nuts wfo and u should be able 2 clear it and if not try 2 lift the front end up in the air so u can get on the gas faster and have a smoother landin if don't make the landin or if its a small double and tap the rear/foot brakes in the air pitch the rear end up so ur front wheels will land 1st then get hard on the gas the 2nd u land.
That bein said nuttin wrong with table tops i got a 28ft table top that i can clear and i have alomst cleared a 35ft table top that has been pushed in and flattened.Heres me hittin 1 of my old table tops (20ftr)http://http://www.atlanticmx.com/yabbattachments/tt5.jpg
Heres me hittin my ol 15ftr that was made in2 a freestyle double that i can almost over shoot http://www.atlanticmx.com/yabbattachments/double2.jpg

Honda400exrox
07-23-2004, 11:26 AM
im afraid of doubles but i dont really like them the only jumps i like are table tops adn singles and step ups:)

250rmike
07-26-2004, 03:37 PM
your scared of doubles but not step ups?:confused: but anyway the secret to doubles is to jump into about the middle of them then gauge how fast you need to go. its always better to over jump then to under jump. also when you in the air blip the throttle this will bring the front end up. hitting the landing with the rear tires is better than hitting them with your front

XCAdam89
07-26-2004, 04:24 PM
once you get the balls to do it, just follow someone at the same speed, and if they clear it, you will most likely clear it as well.

250rmike
07-26-2004, 07:43 PM
on bigger doubles i wouldnt suggest that until you can handle the quad and manuver it through the air that will get you hurt. the proble i have is whenever i ride no other quads ride on the track. ill see several quads go out and as soon as i get on teh track they get off. the only other people i saw one time was hellbound racing and they were doing things way out of my league i could do some of the stuff but it was my first time riding my bike. i need someone who lives around me who rides at my skill level or above that would like to help me get back into riding(should have never taken a break from riding)

EXtremeEXer50
07-26-2004, 10:36 PM
Im the same way with doubles a local friend of mine has a small track in his back yard and he has a double with about a 25 foot gap but him and another friend of mine have 450s and they jump them easy 2nd gear they said i could probly clear it in 3rd but i had hitting jumps in third...he also has a 15 foor table top I LOVE HITTIN IT!

400 EX FREAK
07-26-2004, 10:53 PM
my buddie has a 55ft table top and i have to hit it in 4th gear to clear it, it was pretty much made for tricks

300ex_honda
07-29-2004, 10:15 PM
man my friend has this 5 foot double, ah its so amazing, i get so pumped....nah there is no double there is no jumps, no one around here has jumps made for quads:( ive hit my bmx jumps, but they kinda got distroyed

Big400EX
07-29-2004, 10:26 PM
How can you worry about tripples when you cant even do a double?

My advice, start small and work your way up.

Matt400ex_17
08-15-2004, 07:55 PM
if you are ever in a race and if you wanna win or advance positions bad enough youll jump thats how i did it my first time.