PDA

View Full Version : New 05 Trx 450

Seano
07-22-2004, 02:10 AM
I JUST BOUGHT A NEW TRX450. I WAS GOING TO GO GET THE YAMAHA BUT STOPPED AT THE HONDA DEALER TO JUST CHECK AROUND. I FOUND A BLACK ONE AND BOUGHT IT ON THE SPOT!
IS THERE ANYTHING I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT IT FIRST. IVE RIDDEN THE YAMAHA450 AND SUZUKI 450. I'M COMING OFF OF A 1987 QUADZILLA THAT WAS BONESTOCK. IS THIS THE RIGHT BIKE I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT FOR DUNING? THE ZILLA WAS GREAT GOING OVER THE RAZORS BUT WOULD BOTTOM HARD AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BOWLS. IS THIS THING GOING TO RIP LIKE A YFZ WITH JUST THE BAFFLE REMOVED? THATS ALL MY BUDDIES HAD DONE AND I THOUGHT IT HAULED TAIL. IS MY TRX GOING TO BE CLOSE TO THAT OR AM I GOING TO HAVE TO "UNCORK" IT?
AM GOING TO PISMO AND HAVE SAND SHARK PADDLES ON 10" RIMS FOR IT. COOL FORUM

Punk'd
07-22-2004, 02:27 AM
There is no suzuki 450..YET but when you go to kick your 450r to start dont give it gas im getting mine nextweek man so im in ur shoes also.;)

kazpr
07-22-2004, 03:48 AM
Great choice on the bike you purchased. Remove the baffle and airbox lid will make a big difference. Can do a search around here for the proper jetting needed.

sparky450AR
07-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by kazpr
Great choice on the bike you purchased. Remove the baffle and airbox lid will make a big difference. Can do a search around here for the proper jetting needed.

Put a 170 main jet in it, with the airbox cut like the HRC. Perfect jetting.

416rider
07-22-2004, 05:12 PM
Hell do worry about anything and just have a sick ***** time and ride the crap out of it. and yeah don't give it gas when kicking it over I never had to use the gas to start it. When it's cold use the choke when its warm use the hot start any body will be able to start it. and its all common sense.

Seano
07-22-2004, 05:59 PM
ok. what about those lids with the sand sock material? so just remove the baffle and lid. 170 main jet? thats all?

anyone know of any good kits to make it into a twist throttle?

sparky450AR
07-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Seano
ok. what about those lids with the sand sock material? so just remove the baffle and lid. 170 main jet? thats all?

anyone know of any good kits to make it into a twist throttle?

I cut my airbox lid like the HRC lid. Look at your stock airbox lid, there is an outline on the rear half of the hood, this is where I cut mine, and I left the lip on to keep out as much water as possible. Cut your lid like that, if you want pictures exactly how I cut mine, give me your e-mail address, and Ill send you the pics. When you cut your lid like this, it doesnt completely expose the filter. I would also buy a prefilter, outerwear to slip over your filter. Good luck!

Seano
07-23-2004, 02:35 AM
i ordered 20 inch sand sharks on 10" wheels. whats anyones opinion on that?