PDA

View Full Version : drag racing help please 400ex.

Crash00400ex
07-21-2004, 09:54 PM
have a stock 400ex with a dynojet kit in it i an running stock class i need all the little secrets and help i can get for sat. i haqve a big race im in and theirs a guy that has been cheeting in the class and i need to beat him we are running 300ft. on medium to hard clay. i need gearing help ect.........please

Syrus
07-22-2004, 12:23 AM
Whats he ride, a 400ex also ?

Brad
07-22-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Crash00400ex
have a stock 400ex with a dynojet kit in it i an running stock class i need all the little secrets and help i can get for sat. i haqve a big race im in and theirs a guy that has been cheeting in the class and i need to beat him we are running 300ft. on medium to hard clay. i need gearing help ect.........please

ground the welds inside your stock header, take the airbox lid off, take the core out of your exhaust, at 100 yards id say get a smaller sprocket and shift fast cause your gonna need 5th quick, get better tires, stay low, shave the fenders(less wind resistance), lean back when at non-wheelieing rpm and lean forward or stand when you are, start in 2nd, practice starting, maybe even third if you can, does the stock class mean that the whole bike needs to be stock or just the engine?

every 10lbs equals one hp gain and if your dragging id say take the rear caliper and everything that goes with it off,(cause you still have front breaks) or do the opposite with the front, take the mudguards off, take the lights out and tape up the hole, take off the tool box, take the bumper off, and see into buying a lowering kit, if the stock class means only the engine look into a sparks, hmf, or lrd pipe

and almost all the things ive listed are bare bones minimal, id say just change the sprocket to one size lower and stay low