PDA

View Full Version : scary things in your state

Butters
07-21-2004, 07:33 PM
i know there are a lot of scary urban legends about stuff in some states so if you have a story tell it. here is a link i found on Bluetraxx about some stories. http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=56779&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

roostin_dale
07-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Well, its not known state-wide but there is a legend of a closed bridge in my area.

It is blocked off and closed down, but when you get on it, its sturdy as can be and seems like there was no reason to close it (its made of wood). Anyways, the legend says if you go out there past 11 pm, the bridge is haunted by ghost and green slimy people who drove there car off the edge while the passengers were attempting to kill the driver by strangling him! The legend also says the old car is still down there and you can see air bubbles/oil come form the water. The legend also states that if anyone touches the water, the slimy people will haunt you down at your house and wait at your bedroom doorway and kill you with a 9 inch knife.

Anways me and my friends always go down there past 11 and hang out. We park the car right where the bridge is closed at. We have been going there for at least a year now every once in awhile. The last time we went there were 3 of us. One was scared to walk on it (the driver) so me and the other one walked to the other side and grabbed the railing and jumped up and down to prove it was safe. Then out of no-where two boards gave way and we fell in, they didnt break they just mooved like someone pushed them. We were freaking out in the nasty/trashy/ water with green moss all over it. We swam all the way to the other side and got out really quick, the driver jumped in the car/locked us out and tried to start it. BUT, the battery was dead. We popped the hood, and it wouldn't open. We are kickin the chit outta it and finally got it open. Then another friend pulled up about 10 minutes later and jumped it for us. And i swear this whole time, there were sounds of people swimming and moaning, no lie! As we got in the car, 2 Bulls ran across the road about 50 feet from us! (not sure what that has to do with the story) And I swear to this day that the legend is true...we know that there were people swimming down there, and not normal people! To this day we have been back only once, and my friend swears he saw and heard them swimming/monaning. And new writings always appear on the bridge. Like " Help me, the driver is still alive" and "please, help me out, im scared" and the last one says "Im stuck in the car, but im ok...please get help" and the thing is, not many people know where the bridge is, so it cant be people writing it...

It may not sound scary in writing, but if you go to the bridge, its pretty freaky!

Tantal
07-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Two VERY scary things in my state... John Kerry & Ted Kennedy.

trick450r
07-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Tantal

your on a role tantal! that was awsome as well as your posts in other threads!

MOFO
07-21-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Tantal

:D

Bubba
07-21-2004, 08:26 PM
we have a place called old house woods. And i've heard that sometimes u can see a huge ghost ship sailing across the water then fly over the woods. And the story says pirates baried a trasure in the woods and if anyone sticks a shovel in the ground there they will die. And you can see lights in the woods that resemble lanterns. yall can look it up, type in old house woods in google. theres all kinds of stories about it.

Right down the road from me there is an old rundown nursing home. i been down there once in the day time and i got the chills. But people say it used to be an old boys home were they got brainwashed. And at night u see lights flashing in there. its pretty creepy. My mom works for a lady that used to work at that nursing home a long time ago, and my mom asked her if it was haunted and the lady said VERY.

440ex2001
07-21-2004, 08:40 PM
I live in NC we have alot of local legends like the rogers road bridge in graham,NC In the 1960's a couple were going home from the prom and guy had been drinking he lost control and crahed into the river below. He survived but ANN died in the crash. Legend has it that on the anniversary of the crash you will see a girl in a bloody prom dress standing on the side of the road trying to wave you down. You can also go down anytime and turn your car off walk to the edge of the bridge and call her name heare supposed to feel someone touch you. I think everyone has a legend like that.
I have a true story that is very weird and scared the begiznuts outta me. When I was 15 (im 24 now) My uncle and I went bow hunting near a mental hospital called Butner you may be familiar with it if you live near Guilford or rockingham county NC. There are no legends about it. Its just a mental hospital and the game lands go all around it. Well it was about 3:00am and we were lugging around our arrows,bow and tree stand. We had been walking a pretty good ways when my uncle spotted the Hospital up a head though the trees. We decided to head away from it and we noticed a rusty old chain link fence with barb wire around the top running parralell to us so we had to tun back anyway. Something caught my Uncles eye, someone or something had dug a whole under the fence looked like something a dog would do. We thought nothing of it and kept walking. After about 10 mins of walking we started to her something to our right in the woods. Thinking it was a deer we both stoped and pulled an arrow. After listning again we realized it was no deer. It sounded like some one draggin there feet . We started to walk toward the noise and came upon a big pile of garbage and a man rumaging through it. My uncle calle out " how are you doing" the guy stoped with his back toward us stood up right and slowly turned around. We both had our flash lights in on his face and he was very weird looking like a mongaloid (eyes close togther large forehead kinda like sloth from the goonies). He was just staring at our lights with a blankis look his mouth was open and he was holding an old dirty baby doll he had found in the garbage pile. I think my uncle and I both started to put 2 and together the hole under then fence, the distance we were from the mental hospital. My uncle whispered to me I dont beleive this fella is very friendly and we both backed up slowly keeping our lights on him. After we got a good distance between us we turned and started walking again. Before long we heard the guy following us. We would walk and stop and we could hear him for a few steps before he stoped. This was freakin me out. My uncle was in the military and a brown belt in Judo and I considered him pretty tough so when he said the SOB is following us and picked up the pace I started to worry. We both were half walking /running with all the crap on our backs through the woods and this guy was staying right behind us. Before long my Uncle started to ease his tree stand of his back and told me to do the same. We both ran until we didnt hear that guy anymore. We were both scared It may not sound very scary but this guy was weird looking. When we watched the news that evening there was a report of a man in his 40's escaping from Butner and is considered very mentally ill and unstable. I will remember that for the rest of my life

roostin_dale
07-21-2004, 09:05 PM
440ex2001, that gave me the chills when i read it, and right when I was done one of my friends nocked on the door right by my computer, scared the shizznit outta me!

bama400ex
07-21-2004, 09:05 PM
we have had some pretty wild things around here. just goggle fyffe cattle mutilations. thats the town i went to school. but the mutilations happened all around here. check it out on goggle about fyffes mutilations and ufos. i guess somebody (something?) going around at night cutting cows up with lasers and draing all of their blood is pretty creepy i guess. and it was never solved.

Mxjunkie
07-21-2004, 09:34 PM
out in the middle of a bunch of fields around here is a old old house, all trashed and everything, theres foot prints on the walls and crap, its sooo scary, it has trees all around it and crap, the night we went there it was pouring down rain and the porch's roof gave way, ive never screamed so loud in my life :o :p

JDiablo
07-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 440ex2001
I live in NC we have alot of local legends like the rogers road bridge in graham,NC In the 1960's a couple were going home from the prom and guy had been drinking he lost control and crahed into the river below. He survived but ANN died in the crash. Legend has it that on the anniversary of the crash you will see a girl in a bloody prom dress standing on the side of the road trying to wave you down. You can also go down anytime and turn your car off walk to the edge of the bridge and call her name heare supposed to feel someone touch you. I think everyone has a legend like that.
I have a true story that is very weird and scared the begiznuts outta me. When I was 15 (im 24 now) My uncle and I went bow hunting near a mental hospital called Butner you may be familiar with it if you live near Guilford or rockingham county NC. There are no legends about it. Its just a mental hospital and the game lands go all around it. Well it was about 3:00am and we were lugging around our arrows,bow and tree stand. We had been walking a pretty good ways when my uncle spotted the Hospital up a head though the trees. We decided to head away from it and we noticed a rusty old chain link fence with barb wire around the top running parralell to us so we had to tun back anyway. Something caught my Uncles eye, someone or something had dug a whole under the fence looked like something a dog would do. We thought nothing of it and kept walking. After about 10 mins of walking we started to her something to our right in the woods. Thinking it was a deer we both stoped and pulled an arrow. After listning again we realized it was no deer. It sounded like some one draggin there feet . We started to walk toward the noise and came upon a big pile of garbage and a man rumaging through it. My uncle calle out " how are you doing" the guy stoped with his back toward us stood up right and slowly turned around. We both had our flash lights in on his face and he was very weird looking like a mongaloid (eyes close togther large forehead kinda like sloth from the goonies). He was just staring at our lights with a blankis look his mouth was open and he was holding an old dirty baby doll he had found in the garbage pile. I think my uncle and I both started to put 2 and together the hole under then fence, the distance we were from the mental hospital. My uncle whispered to me I dont beleive this fella is very friendly and we both backed up slowly keeping our lights on him. After we got a good distance between us we turned and started walking again. Before long we heard the guy following us. We would walk and stop and we could hear him for a few steps before he stoped. This was freakin me out. My uncle was in the military and a brown belt in Judo and I considered him pretty tough so when he said the SOB is following us and picked up the pace I started to worry. We both were half walking /running with all the crap on our backs through the woods and this guy was staying right behind us. Before long my Uncle started to ease his tree stand of his back and told me to do the same. We both ran until we didnt hear that guy anymore. We were both scared It may not sound very scary but this guy was weird looking. When we watched the news that evening there was a report of a man in his 40's escaping from Butner and is considered very mentally ill and unstable. I will remember that for the rest of my life

thats some freaky *** chit,man....i would have that arrow ready to fire id give a rats ***,and i can just imagine him looking at you as you are slowly backing away with the lights on his face.....man creeps me the hell out....www.weirdnj.com thats my whole state,lol i got arrested going to one of the places....go to gates of hell on that site and yea....stupid people!!lol but i gotta hit that mental instution,i gotta chit my pants,lmao

SHOCKER
07-21-2004, 09:56 PM
440ex2001, that is very scary :eek2: i would flip out if someone was doing that

i havent really had any legends/myths things like that happen to me, but when i was like in 6th grade i would go to my friends house, his drive way went down to the garage and he had a rettaining wall with trees on it seperating it from the street, and he had a brother and we were outside in front of the garage with the garage door open and 2 other friends, and we were looking at some of my cards when all of a sudden we heard a thump, we jumped up to see the side of someone trying to open my friends dads truck, he was moaning and had puked on the ground, i really didnt know what it was but i looked around the car and i see the guy trying to open the truck with a bloody head and puke on the ground we flipped out and ran inside all of us runing into diferent rooms locking the doors, the guy followed one of us to the front door and my friends dad ran outside hearing us screaming and tackled the guy to the ground holding him down, turns out it was one of the mentaly handicaped guys from a group home a couple houses down walking around and he hadnt had his pills fell down the retaining wall and smacked his head on the concrete, he puked and had a bloody head, so he was trying to get in the truck who knows why but it gave us a pretty good scare, he was alright and was taken home by one of the house nurses and treated, i havent been to his house in a while though, im 16 now and im not scared anymore but at the time it scared the crap out of us, now its kind of funny how scared we were

oh and being in southern californiathere are some indian reservations, and i have a baronian friend that told some pretty kreepy stories, one i have to tell was what his brother saw on the reservation, he was in his grandmas house trying to sleep, he it was dark and in the room where his bed was he was trying to go to sleep when he started hearing a draging noise like someone draging a heavy body, but he threw his blanket over his head and just closed his eyes, he felt something pull his blankets to his waste and he saw a white ghost that had a rope around its neck like it was hanged and it was being draged across the ceiling of the hallway, he said his brother discribed the ghost as being white, white no eyes and no nose, it was limmp and it was being draged on the ceiling with its shoulder touching the ceiling and his head laying to its other shoulder, i have some more of those ill share in a sec :blah: but just typing that gives me the chills

440ex2001
07-21-2004, 10:23 PM
holy crap that was freaky. Indians and stuff like that are really freaky. There were lot of indians around were I live to They were the Altamahaw and Ossipee Indians there is a township named after them about 10 miles from here.One of my Dads cousins told me a story about an experience he had one of his friends had. They were going fishing down on the Ossipee river and as they were walking through a field to get to the river they saw "a little black kid". They said he looked like he was trying to get up and he was struggling. Buddy (my dads cousin) said they went down to help him and as they got closer they noticed that is was not a "little black kid" he was actually transparent and looked like a dark shadow it was waist deep in the ground and looked to be oushing with its hands as if it was trying to get out of the ground. Needless to say they both got outta there and talked to a local Indian and explained what they saw. The indian said it was a spirit trying to get out of the ground and gave them something in a little pouch and told them a little chant they could say to free it. The indian warned them that it may be an evil spirit and before they free it , sprinkle the powder he gave them around in a circle on the ground and to stay inside of if the spirit is evil it could not "haunt" them . The indian said that the spirit would taunt them and fly all around them to try to get them to run out of the circle so it could posses them but not budge or it would. Now the guy that told me this story is alittle different and smoke alot of bud but its still a pretty scary story.

Willfulone
07-21-2004, 10:27 PM
While we were wating for this house to be built, we rented a small cabin down by the river. I got there about 6 weeks before the wife and kids, as they were finishing up selling the house and getting it packed.

The first night I was there, I got some beer and finished moving my stuff in, all the while pounding about 10 beers. I was pretty wasted by bed time so I shut everything down and went to bed.
About 4 in the morning I woke up and had to take a piss. When I walked around the corner, I stopped dead in my tracks because the bathroom light was on! So now I thinking, ok no big deal, you were just drunk and you left it on. So I went back to bed, but I was feeling really weird. The next morning I got up, showered and got ready for work. When i walked into the kitchen, every drawer and cabinet in the place was open. Now I'm thinking WTF??? Every thing from some one was in hear while I was sleeping to I was just so plastered that I was out of my head.

That night, I get home from work, eat and sit down to watch some tube. There was this old style lamp on a table behind me that I had turned on. Sure as Sh*t, as I'm sitting there with my back to it, it goes off. Not like a burned out light bulb, but "click" off. I almost pissed my pants. Only thing I can figure is that I left it half cocked when I turned it on, and it just clicked itself the rest of the way off. About a minute later, click, off goes the TV.

Into the bedroom I go and out comes the 9mm, in goes a round.

For the next 3 or 4 days nothing, but I am way freeked because I am by myself, and I'm have talked myself into beleving that the place is haunted.

For the next several weeks, a few things here and there kept happening, lights on, drawers open, blinds in a different place, sounds and the like.

So my wife gets there with the kids and everything is cool, except the kids are afraid to sleep in this front room we have set up. They keeps saying its scary because there is someone there! After a bout a week of my wife having to sleep on the floor in there room everynight, I decide to tell her about the weird goings on.

Now she is tottaly freaked, because she had noticed some things too, but had just chalked them up to whatever, whatever.

So we are about 1 week away from moving into the new house, the goings on are still going on. My wife is still sleeping on the floor with the kids in the front room. At about 3am I hear some soft music coming from the front room, so I get up to see what it is. My wife has turned on the radio, because once again they are scared and saying someone is in the room. I say ok and go back across the cabin to my room and am just about to go back to sleep when I hear my wife screem. I jump up and run to the front of the cabin where everyone is screeming and crying. Apparently shortly after I left, My 5 year old said, see mommy, he's right there, over by the table, and then a second later, click, off goes the radio on the table.

Needless to say, that was it for the cabin, she would not stay one minute longer, so in the middle of the night we gathered up some things and headed to a motel for a week untill the house was done. I was scared sh*tless when I had to go back the next night to get the rest of our things. Sure as day, when I rolled up on the place, every single light in the cabin was on. I grabbed the kids stuff and left everything else there.

About 3 weeks later the old lady that rented it to me came by my work, and inquired as to why we left a bunch of our stuff at the cabin. So I asked her about the place and she said that it had been in her family for generations, and all the men had choosen to go there for the last days and hours of their life, because it was their favorite place on earth. Her great grand father, grand father, and father had all died in the place. She said that she didn't goe there much because she was the last of her family, and that her only son had died in Vietnam. I asked her if any of the other renters had ever said anything to her about the place being haunted, and she said that we were the first people she had rented to, but she had never seen anything unusual...

I've never been big on ghosts, bigfoot, ufo's and the like, but this is a true story and I'll swear to it on a stack of bibles.

Peace
Willfulone

JDiablo
07-21-2004, 10:36 PM
man that some creepy ****,but why didn't you go back during the day instead of the nite?lol

Willfulone
07-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you the funniest part of the story...

My wife would not bring anything that was in the cabin into the new house. She even made us go to the Mall and buy new cloths and throw away the ones we had on, before we went to the new house...

Peace
Willfulone

blondie69
07-21-2004, 10:39 PM
Scariest thing around here is "Big Foot":huh

Ahh there's some urban legands, but I can't remember them now. On Halloween last year at school in English class we were talkin bout em......I fell asleep, so I don't remember them:rolleyes:

Willfulone
07-21-2004, 10:40 PM
I was working...didn't think telling my boss that I needed some time off during the day to get my stuff, because I was living in a haunted cabin would go over to well...LOL

Peace
Willfulone

JDiablo
07-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by blondie69

lets here some of your stories teg:p ....any encounters wiht bigfoot?

roostin_dale
07-21-2004, 10:41 PM
This thread is fun...good stories!!:) :cool:

blondie69
07-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
lets here some of your stories teg:p ....any encounters wiht bigfoot?

Nope:D And I don't believe in him.

JDiablo
07-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Willfulone
I was working...didn't think telling my boss that I needed some time off during the day to get my stuff, because I was living in a haunted cabin would go over to well...LOL

Peace
Willfulone

oOo...that makes sense...so what did you see then,one of her dads or something>thats some creepy ****,i guess that **** really does exist,o well imma creep myself out so i won't get no sleep tonite....ahh u ***ers,lol

JDiablo
07-21-2004, 10:43 PM
Nope:D And I don't believe in him.

wait until one nite when he comes in your bedroom and offers you a bananna:eek2: lmao(inside joke kinda thing)

Mxjunkie
07-21-2004, 10:47 PM
i dont wanna go to bed now lol, darn storys im all spooked now :o

Willfulone
07-21-2004, 10:50 PM
My wife and I never saw a thing, just the kids, but we sure were freeked out by all the weird going ons...

Peace
Willfulone

SHOCKER
07-21-2004, 10:54 PM
ok that was pretty scary, anyways more of the baronian stories, he also told me a spooky one, the indians down herea re rich and have casinos, :blah: , they are pretty cool though, anyways at my friends house he said no one was home except their latino maid, she was cleaning the house and she walked into the parents room going to clean it when facing away in a rocking chair a faint old lady sits rocking away in the rocking chair, the lady says hello who are you, and after a sec she turns around and says make albert ( my friends dad)is alright, well she freaked out and when the family got home the maid described to my friend and his parents as a old lady and she was described just like his great grandma, and albert was my friend dad, this one wasnt as scary just spooky and weird

i have another one, one day my friends grandma was at her house and there is this record palyer, really old never used and had absolutely no records in it, well the grandma went to bed, fell asleep and no sooner did she wake up to hear the record player on playing a song with a record in it, it turned out that it was the song of the grandma and grandpa's wedding, and that night was the aniversery of the grandpa's death :eek2:

Punk'd
07-21-2004, 11:02 PM
My House and we have this thing called "THE LIT MANSION"

440ex2001
07-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Willfulone, that story was spooky man i got chills bumps and my eyes watered up at the part when you daughter said "see mommy he is right there" and then the radio went off. Right after that part my dog leaned up against the door outside and it made a huge thump and scared the crapola outta me!
I have had a few haunted house experiences like that one kinda.
I rented a house down in Kissimmee FL when I was at school.It was little cottage near one of there million lakes. It was kinda spooky looking had cypress trees and those trees that have the moss hanging from them. Anywho my first couple weeks there I almost went crazy. My bed was right below the window facing the water and I always left the window up cause it was hot as donkey ballz down there. The first night I was down there I heard this horrible low growling outside my window. I'm from NC so i have never heard it before I knew it was a freakin dog and I had no clue to what it was. It was freakin me out. I didnt look to see what it was. When morning came I went down to the bait shop and asked what that chit was and everyone had a good laugh. I didnt know there were gators around that part of FL. Well, after I figured out what that was and I got used to it I started hearing some one walking down the steps of this blind stairway I had at the end of the hall. It was a slow and stead ybump bump bump it seemed to be getting louder. I peeked around the corner and didnt hear it any more. This went on for a couple nights. It would always start at about 1am and seem to stop around 6am or so. One night I decided to get to the bottom of it and I grabed my pillow a blanket and my rueger and camped out on the staitcase. I was just about to drift off to sleep when I heard BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP I could actuall fell the vibration form the bumps. I reached over for my gun and just watched the top of the stair case for anything. BUMP BUMP BUMP my hair was standing up on the back of my neck but I never saw anything. I finally talked to the land lord about it and told him I was to the point of moving out if we couldnt figure out what it was. The guy went so far as t get the blue prints for the house to see what was up with the blind stair case. Turn out there used to be a fireplace there for some reason they built a staircase infront of where the fire place was . The bump bump bump was the flu opening and closing as the wind blew down the chimney. MY mind was playin tricks on me.

Willfulone
07-21-2004, 11:09 PM
You should have been there...LOL

The worst part was when I was by myself and thought I was just imagining things or was out of my head and not remembering what I was doing...I kept looking for rational explainations, figuring it had to be something obvious...

Peace
Willfulone

K_Fulk
07-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Local legend pretty strange place at night

Mary janes grave
http://www.graveaddiction.com/mjcem.html

SGA
07-21-2004, 11:23 PM
This thead gives me the creeps! I had something happen one time.
When the wife and I got married, we rented a small brick house in a older neighborhood. Nothing fancy, cause we were poor and just starting out.
Anyhow, there was this 2 foot round stain on the hardwood floor in the hallway. I never thought much about it, I figured some stain or something had gotten spilled there long ago.
Well, I ran into a older friend and was telling him about the house we had rented. He said "I know that house on that corner, thats the one the ladys son stabbed her to death in. I think they found her in the hallway dead". He said he guessed that was around 15 years ago.
Well, We laughed about it, her ghost and all coming to get me.
Come to find out asking around, it was true, the son had stabbed her to death her in the hallway. The stain was blood that had soaked into the wood floor. Well, I never gave it much thought about ghosts being there and all.
One night in the bedroom, lights out, going to sleep, my wife was joking around. She told me to straighten up or the dead ladys ghost would come get me.
I said good and loud towards the hall, "Well, come and get me then "!
Just then, a music box on the mantle in the living room (The only music box in the living room) started to play. What freaked me out was it was the type that you had to lift the lid to make it play. It ran about 10 seconds or so, then stopped. I turned on the lights, slowly went into the living room, and the box was closed. I opened it, and it started to play, I closed it, the music stopped.
Needless to say, it freaked me out good. I said aloud " I was just kidding"! Nothing else happened the remaining 3 months we were there, but I never joked out loud again about her coming to get me.

EvilJester400EX
07-21-2004, 11:40 PM
wait until one nite when he comes in your bedroom and offers you a bananna:eek2: lmao(inside joke kinda thing)

ROFL

(this is fender bender)

Chef
07-21-2004, 11:52 PM

Well unless he migrated, you have nothing to worry about. The big foot, sasquatch, etc, stories originated in Washington State, in the triangle between Mt Adams, Mt St Helens, and Mt Rainier...or right where I live! I can see all 3 mountains on a good day from one spot.:eek2:

QuadJunkies
07-22-2004, 12:10 AM
only thing scary in my State is my Mother In Law........ and she will give a person nightmares.!!!!!.....:eek2: :o

brian-250
07-22-2004, 12:13 AM
that was some freeky ****! roostin, i wanna go to that bridge come get me and my .22 hehe.:devil:

Fender Bender
07-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Chef
Well unless he migrated, you have nothing to worry about. The big foot, sasquatch, etc, stories originated in Washington State, in the triangle between Mt Adams, Mt St Helens, and Mt Rainier...or right where I live! I can see all 3 mountains on a good day from one spot.:eek2:

LMFAO dude your gonna get eaten by bigfoot...

Man, I have been reading all of this stuff and all of a sudden I hear a thump and stuff outside. My first thought was "oh well, dog must have got out" but then I heard it more and it sounded like someone tampering with my truck. (tailgate opening and closing, and stuff) so I looked out my window and you cant see ANYTHING. It's just pitch black. Then I'm thinking the old man in the cabin flew over to pay me a visit or something, and I looked over towards the window again and I saw the ext. light under our portacachet (sp?) turn on. I'm talking to Donnie on AIM and he is all freaking out, and so am I. He's all saying DUDE TAKE YOUR PHONE and spit, but I just go on outside, and my dad had obviously just got home from a trip. I never heard his truck pull up or heard a door open, though all the lights were on on my way out. Kinda scared me for a minute.

My great grandma tells me stories about demons being in the room with her. She swears up and down that Tazmanian Devil (the cartoon) is a demon and she once payed me like 30 dollars a peice for each poster I had of him so she could throw them away. Here is one of her stories she told me about a year or so ago: She was asleep in the living room, she was on one couch and great grandad was on the other. She felt something pulling her arm and she woke up and saw a normal person trying to pull her off the couch. First she screamed to let go and all that, and woke grandad up and when he woke up and saw it they both shouted out the Name of Jesus and it disappeared. I know I am probably going to get hella-flamed for this, but I believe in Jesus 100%. About a year or so ago I was reading threads on here about people trying to convince other people it isn't real, well one morning I got up unusually early, went into the livingroom and my brother and his girlfreind were sitting there not even talking. He just said wazzup when I sat down. I was trying to clear my head of the stuff I read and I just said a prayer in my head to give me a sign, let me know if you are real or not. Just at that time a bright light shined in through my front window, which I was facing and the power went out in my house. That about did it for me... As for folk lore and things around Oklahoma, we used to have a small cabin in Locust Grove that had a Hollar (ravine, mountainside, or whatever you personally call it) that went a hundred or more feet below level with the cabin. Supposedly in the 50's girl scout packs used to go camping around there, and one night while they were camping a crazy Indian killed 3 of the little girls (about 5 years old) with a Hatchet.

This world is seriously crazy place.

EDIT: HAHA, weird timing:

Alky472: unless it was [bleep] jenna jameson, brianna banks, carmen electra, or pam anderson, all naked
Alky472: i would freak the hell out
Alex4R: so would i and i hear somehting out side
Alex4R: im not joking someone is messing with my truck
Alex4R: brb
Alky472: say it again*
Alky472: oh
Alky472: get a gun
Alex4R: a light flipped on
Alex4R: WTF
Alky472: dude
Alky472: get a [bleep] bat
Alky472: and go outside
Alex4R: i am dude
Alex4R: brb
Alky472: take your phone...
Alky472: ....
Alex4R: it was my dad

*referring to my statement about saying Jesus' name aloud making you feel a bit better when you are in a scary situation like some of these.

brian-250
07-22-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Fender Bender

This world is seriously crazy place.

[/i]

WORD!:p

Nausty
07-22-2004, 12:29 AM
holy ****....

I was just replying to this and in the middle of the post my computer just shutdown. Was it just a coincedince of my computer crash or something else? [insert eerie music]

no bs.

JDiablo
07-22-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
holy ****....

I was just replying to this and in the middle of the post my computer just shutdown. Was it just a coincedince of my computer crash or something else? [insert eerie music]

no bs.

DUN DUN DUN....you sure you didn't turn it off,lol i had to sleep with my kitchen light on last nite,lmao...jus thinking of the one with that crazy guy and shining him in the face with flashlights....anyway this is a good thread post some more:macho

trick450r
07-22-2004, 08:14 AM
we have a old abandoned mental institution in fact it was on MTV fear its called farfield hills any way their was a myth that someone broke out of it and that it was in the rain and pitch black and he hid under a rock in the woods rumor has it he smashed his head on this roack and he died and they never found him....well my friends parents built a house right next to this roack and when they excavated sure enough, A SKULL under the rock! to this day books fly off the shelves in his house and the floor randomly creeks!! my story is diffferent a few years back i was dead asleep and in the middle of the knight my book shelves all colapsed and i open my eyes ready to ***** my pants and i swear to this day i saw a figure floating next to the shelves!!! and then just a few weeks ago you know how you twitch when falling asleep sometimes...well i was half asleep and for some reason i was sensing something hitting me in the back no idea why then something struck my back like i was kicked.....that wasent too amazing because i was half dreaming it was wierd when i had a bruise on my back!!!!!!!!!:eek2: i was scared ****less!

trick450r
07-22-2004, 08:20 AM
also i took a field trip gettysburg and we took a midnight tour of the place and town ghosts and what not so im with my friend straggling behind cuz we dont give a chit and we look back at this building we see a confederate uniform lefatating while leaning on the deck rail no body in it or anything with the lights on in the house!!!!! we went up to the tour leader and explained what we saw and without even turning around she described where he was what it looked like and that the town knew him as fred!!! a few seconds later i turn around hes gone and the lights are on in the room behind him....we come back around the block and all the lights were off in the house, scared the chit out of me!!!

redroost85
07-22-2004, 08:38 AM
The scariest thing in our state (PA) is Gov. Rendell.

Our (I'll use that term loosely) state government has their hands in almost everything to get money. They control the liquor, lottery, the emissions testing,..this just to name a few. And now they will control gambling as well within the next year.:eek2:

This is no myth, urban legend, anything...it's very real and very scary....we pay through the teeth here for everything and get pretty much chit to show for it....this part is VERY scary!:cuss:

quadrcr161
07-22-2004, 08:43 AM
i live in alabama, the rednecks alone will scare the crap out of anyone.

here is just a few things around birmingham,
Sloss Furnace sloss furnace (www.frightfurnace.com)

then there is the old Bryce Mental Hospital in tuscaloosa, was used from mid 1800's to about early/mid 1900's. who knows what all went down there. its in the style of a mansion with huge oak trees lining the drive. you can still see the walls painted light colors, and the basement has a few small rooms.

also in tuscaloosa is the old Bryce Cemetary, where they buried the patients, no headstones just bricks with file numbers engraved in them. we had to search in the woods for an hour or so to find it. now they have a new hospital and cemetary in tuscaloosa.

under the university of alabama there are tunnels linking the old campus togeather, i thought i found one entrance but it was sealed.

back in birmingham close to my house there is bayview bridge. where people see ghost and cars act up, the bridge is closed. i have a friend who's dad will not go out there again, last time eh was there was in his teens.

in Pickens Co where my g/f lives the face of a man struck by lightening is embeded in the window

here is a list of a few things in alabama,
website (http://riptx.riptx.net/alabama.htm)

Bubba
07-22-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
also i took a field trip gettysburg and we took a midnight tour of the place and town ghosts and what not so im with my friend straggling behind cuz we dont give a chit and we look back at this building we see a confederate uniform lefatating while leaning on the deck rail no body in it or anything with the lights on in the house!!!!! we went up to the tour leader and explained what we saw and without even turning around she described where he was what it looked like and that the town knew him as fred!!! a few seconds later i turn around hes gone and the lights are on in the room behind him....we come back around the block and all the lights were off in the house, scared the chit out of me!!!

Yea. I know people who has been to gettysburg and they tell me at night you can hear cannons and guns firing off on the battlefield and stuff.

I have a ghost in my house. i have live in this house for about 8 years. And i remember one time my mom told me she saw a ghost, she said it was a lday in a black dress. Well one day we were going through our attic, and we found some old books. Negatives from photos fell out of one book. And i was looking at them through the light, and one of the pictures was from a funeral. It was a lady in a black dress laying in a casket. My nieghbor has told me that when he was a kid, and he would walk by this(my) house in the top window he would see the lady in a black dress.......I've never seen her, but I usually fall asleep in the living room, and sometime when i glance over towards my stairs, I can see What looks like someone runs up real quick, but all i can see is the back of the dress. Its wierd, its not really that scary.

Bubba
07-22-2004, 09:31 AM
I think i have a ghost cat too. Once i was at the computer and i saw my cat walk beside me and lay down, i put my hand down to pet him and nothing was there. it was wierd

Pappy
07-22-2004, 09:35 AM
my mother in law:eek2:

mxrider666
07-22-2004, 09:53 AM
the only thing you gotta worry about where i live is those one-toothed hicks that could make ray charles flinch.

wilkin250r
07-22-2004, 10:01 AM
We got so many ghost stories from all the old mines, ghost towns, and gunfights of the "Old West" that they aren't scary anymore.

I suppose one of the most famous is the "Suicide Table". It's not hard to imagine that some people commit suicide after they lose a bunch of money gambling, but this little table has a twist. It wasn't the gamblers that lost, it was the saloon owners. The owners would lose so much money on that table, that three former owners killed themselves after giving away their entire fortune to lucky gamblers.

PHAT400
07-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Hey Willfullone......

My friends dad passed away very suddenly a few years ago and that x-mas he and his son Marlin (3 yrs) were opening present's that papa had for him. After opening the present's Marlin looks over Jay's shoulder (Jay was sitting and Marlin was standing) and say's "thank you Papa.... I love you". Jay say's his heart just dropped, thinking that he was just saying thank you to Papa up in heaven. Sweet right? Well Jay say's "that's very nice Marlin, I'm sure Papa can hear you" Marlin say's " I know he can hear me, he's standing behind you watching me open my gift's".. Poor Jay just about lost it, his wife did lose it. They had been opening present's for almost an hour and Marlin say's Papa was standing behind Jay the entire time with his hand on his shoulder..

A childs innocence is not blind, as we grow older we forget the purity of everything around us......

All these post's are scary, but I thought I'd share this one with you guy's... I was very close to Fred also, so it's kind of tough to talk about.... ......

AND YES..... I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW!!!!! :(

I'll post another one later.. I need to get the fact's straight...

Ralph
07-22-2004, 12:17 PM
http://www.weirdnj.com/

i have seen a few of these things and its weird as hell,

there is a few abandoned mental institutions that are real weird....

Toadz400
07-22-2004, 01:32 PM
I have a "haunted" house about....150 yards from my house, it's on my property because all of our land is family land. The house was owned by my great aunt Annie, and her entire family died in that house, in the same exact house, of the same exact thing. Heart failure in front of the stove.

I've only been in there a few times (we store engines and crap in there) and I always get a weird feeling when I'm in there, plus the upstairs there are hundreds, upon thousands of unopened letters scattered all over the top floor.

My only ghost story was about 7 years ago my sister and I brought our cats outside during the summer, and instantly after we closed the door we heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Both our cats were outside with us and we were home alone. We opened the door and nothing was there...

Also a few years ago we put our three-legged cat to sleep (it had been shot by someone) because of it's worsening case of Diabetes. We buried it in a shoe box in our backyard underneath a pine tree, and about a year or two ago I was walking through my kitchen to the dining room around 3 in the morning (I have no idea why, considering I sleep downstairs) and I saw my three-legged cat standing in front of the hallway leading from the dining room. I was petrified, but I walked up and tried to touch him but he disappeared...I don't know if I was hallucinating or what, but I haven't heard/seen anything strange since then, except for the occasional weird noise...but I just put it off in my head.

If anyone believes that whatever happens in your dream, happens to you in real life (like dieing, getting hurt), I have something for you. I doubt anyone is going to believe me on this one, but I had a very odd dream and I ended up getting shot in the chest by a madman...I can't remember what the whole dream was about, but of course I woke up after I got shot in the chest. Later on, when looking in the mirror, I noticed I had a scar about an inch and a half away from the center of my chest that looks like it was from a bullet (large round scar). I have NO idea where it came from, and the only thing I can think of it coming from was that odd dream...

zephead400ex
07-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Phat400, I know a similar experience. My buddy, ledofthezep on here, his dad passed away very suddenly the beginning of February this year. He has 2 sisters and a nephew who is 2yrs. One day while sitting watching tv his nephew started yelling about how he "didn't want to go with the policeman." He ran and got his mom and she thought someone was in her house so she grabbed a knife and searched the house. Tanner kept pointing to a corner where he saw the policeman. What we figure is that ledofthezep's dad was a police officer for many many years and highly decorated. However, Tanner never saw him as a police officer. So we think that Greg (led's dad) was watching over Tanner.

Very cool.

Bubba
07-22-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I have a "haunted" house about....150 yards from my house, it's on my property because all of our land is family land. The house was owned by my great aunt Annie, and her entire family died in that house, in the same exact house, of the same exact thing. Heart failure in front of the stove.

I've only been in there a few times (we store engines and crap in there) and I always get a weird feeling when I'm in there, plus the upstairs there are hundreds, upon thousands of unopened letters scattered all over the top floor.

My only ghost story was about 7 years ago my sister and I brought our cats outside during the summer, and instantly after we closed the door we heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Both our cats were outside with us and we were home alone. We opened the door and nothing was there...

Also a few years ago we put our three-legged cat to sleep (it had been shot by someone) because of it's worsening case of Diabetes. We buried it in a shoe box in our backyard underneath a pine tree, and about a year or two ago I was walking through my kitchen to the dining room around 3 in the morning (I have no idea why, considering I sleep downstairs) and I saw my three-legged cat standing in front of the hallway leading from the dining room. I was petrified, but I walked up and tried to touch him but he disappeared...I don't know if I was hallucinating or what, but I haven't heard/seen anything strange since then, except for the occasional weird noise...but I just put it off in my head.

If anyone believes that whatever happens in your dream, happens to you in real life (like dieing, getting hurt), I have something for you. I doubt anyone is going to believe me on this one, but I had a very odd dream and I ended up getting shot in the chest by a madman...I can't remember what the whole dream was about, but of course I woke up after I got shot in the chest. Later on, when looking in the mirror, I noticed I had a scar about an inch and a half away from the center of my chest that looks like it was from a bullet (large round scar). I have NO idea where it came from, and the only thing I can think of it coming from was that odd dream...

My friend has a house on his property kinda like that. There are letters scattered around, and we were reading them and they were like letters from people from the war, it was crazy.

thats pretty strange about that scar and that dream. I wake up with random scratches on me sometimes. oh yea i'm glad i'm not the only one that has seen a ghost cat

JDiablo
07-22-2004, 02:08 PM
i've never truly expierenced anything like this,but my dad has,a couple years back(7th grade summer) im going into 10th now,my dog of 15 years died,we were all heartbroken and everything,my dad got his the biggest,he loved that dog so much...but anyway one night he said that the dog(razzle his name was)he seen him at the end of the bed were he used to sleep with my parents,and he was there,my dad went to go pet him and he vanished,the next morning he told us this and we were all crying because we missed him so much...

Chanman420q
07-22-2004, 02:47 PM
we have an insaine siliam in galoway, which is about half hour from me, the place is completely freeky ive been there 2 times and only went in once. but both times we went it was prolly atleast 75 degrees out, as soon as u step on this property, it feels like its 40 degrees. Its really creepy, u get this feeling that like people are just staring at you. an u dont know if its just ur head playing games on you or not. but when u go in it, u just hear the weirdest stuff. we went into the audotorium, and theres this curtain, and i swear if u look at it fast enough, u just see this face with this awful look on it. the library is the worse though, u go in there an book pages turn ( book all over the place ) things fall. that place is the creepiest.

but after my step grandfather died, when we returned back to my grandmothers from the funeral, we went up to his study room where he used to read the paper, and listen to the radio, well he was real big into the horse races ( we live 15min from saratoga ) and his favorite radio show was on, that days paper was all over the floor ( we never bought that days paper ) and his rocking chair was moving, obviously it was a faint moving when we walkin as if someone just got off of it. but it was weird

buddha440ex
07-22-2004, 02:51 PM
WOAH..those are some F*****^ stories...there are many legends around here...

well there is this house that was built in the mid 1800's in Slate Shoals...which is off in BFE...well the house got burned down last year..but before it did on halloween we had a HUGE party out there...which we all parked our cars down the road and walked b/c its illegal to go out there...well...there are wheelchairs and pictures of ppl and letters all upstairs...and on the balcony there is a knife jabbed into the side of the house..why i dont know...but right when we are about to leave and i hear something upstairs...not for sure what it is..i think it might be someone passed out LOL..well i go up there and there is a woman rolling around in a wheel chair...she is in a white dress looks like a wedding dress...she looks really old...well she turns and looks at me and i just like freeze...im like OMG...well about that time the wheelchair comes offa the ground and flys out the window over the balcony into the trees...i ran downstairs and ran to my friends..im like crying and **** it freaked me out soooooo bad..and i tell them what happened and we all run for ever!!well...exactly a year later they burned the house down...

then...there is a cemetary out here in Cunningham...its halloween and the church has a huge party...well we all go on a hay ride and stuff...well they deside to stop at the cemetary and run around and try to scare us..well the cemetary is known to be haunted...well we all get off the trailer and go walking around trying to scare other ppl we were there for around 20 mins...well when we were all getting back in the trailor we hurd one of our friends screaming!!and so me and one of the drivers go and try to find him..we had no flashlights or nothing just a batt and i had a stick(woohoo lol)...ne ways...well we go searching and it sounds like he is like struggling to breathe and stuff its really loud...well i guess w/e had him let him go...and bout the time we got him and ran back to the truck..there were bruises all around his kneck and scratches all over his back like someone was trying to kill him...he said that he tried prying the hands off of his kneck but he couldnt feel the hand he just felt his kneck..and he swung backwards trying to hit w/e was on him and he just swung into mid air...well everyone got ont he trailer and into the truck and we took off...and the ppl on the trailer started screaming...and there was this old soldier in his uniform and hat...chasing after the truck with a sword...but after about 100ft the guy just disapeared...well we got back to the church and doctored the kid up that got straggled and we asked the preacher about that cemetary and he said it is known to be haunted with soldiers...so we havent went back and i doubt i ever will...

PHAT400
07-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Phat400, I know a similar experience. My buddy, ledofthezep on here, his dad passed away very suddenly the beginning of February this year. He has 2 sisters and a nephew who is 2yrs. One day while sitting watching tv his nephew started yelling about how he "didn't want to go with the policeman." He ran and got his mom and she thought someone was in her house so she grabbed a knife and searched the house. Tanner kept pointing to a corner where he saw the policeman. What we figure is that ledofthezep's dad was a police officer for many many years and highly decorated. However, Tanner never saw him as a police officer. So we think that Greg (led's dad) was watching over Tanner.

Very cool.

That's awesome. Marlin's papa was a Chicago police officer also... Crazy! I remember the post on his dad....:( ...

SGA
07-22-2004, 05:05 PM
We have alot of buildings and places here in coastal GA that are supposed to be haunted. I've never seen any of the more famous ghosts yet, but one time I was in a real old house on the mainland and had a fog like figure kinda float by me and go into the next room. When I followed it, it was gone.
I know what I saw, and I saw it.
I figured it was a ghost or something and didnt worry about it to much.
Ive also talked to several respectable people around here that have seen some weird things on our beaches and in old houses around here.

Juggalo
07-22-2004, 05:05 PM
well at my good friends older brothers house that he just moved into a month or 2 ago (i am friends with the older brother too) him and his wife were tellin me that an old lady used to live in their house before them. she died in a nursing home or somethin tho not at the house. anyways they said that every day at 10 am or whenever it comes on the TV will turn onto the price is right. they said if your already watching another show the tv will just automatically go to the channel with the price is right on it. and if the tv is off it will just switch on and automatically be on the right channel. when the show is over the tv turns off. at first they thought they had some kind of weird timer set on the tv or something but they messed with all the settings and it didnt help and then they noticed that the tv would turn off and on at different times every day. it would always turn exactly when the show was just beginning and shut off the second the credits were done rolling. so some days it would turn off at say 10:58 when the credits were done and some days it would turn off at 11. just whenever the credits were done rolling the tv will turn off. not that scary i guess but still pretty crazy.

and i have another story but i dont remember the details very well i will try to get them better for you guys but i'll tell you what i can remember. one of my friends aunts or something has an old clock hanging above their tv. its super old and it hasnt worked for years and years. i think they inhereted it after their great aunt died or something and basically it has never worked since the day they got it. anyways one day it just started chiming out of nowhere and it wasnt wound or anything. later that day they found out somebody in their family had died. a year or so later it otu of the blue just started chiming again. once again somebody in their family died. so far its chimed 3 times since they've had it and every time it has chimed somebody died. now thats pretty ****in freaky if you ask me.

SGA
07-22-2004, 05:08 PM
so far its chimed 3 times since they've had it and every time it has chimed somebody died. now thats pretty ****in freaky if you ask me.
Yeah, I gots to agree with ya on that one.:o

Oh yeah, One time I saw a red Irish setter by the edge of a busy intersection. I thought to myself, that dogs gonna get hit. I looked away just for a split sec, looked back and it was gone. I was like WTF?

400grl
07-22-2004, 05:31 PM
I never was sure about ghosts too much....but when I was little I used to wake up and see people standing around my bedroom - all huddled up in groups...whispering and looking at me.....I was afraid to get up and go the bathroom, but there was a girl that would see me wake up and sit up....and she always stood by my bedroom door....she would come over and walk me through them to the doorway so I could go to the bathroom across the hall.....then when I was done...she'd walk me back to my bed, and I'd pull the covers up over my head and go back to sleep. This happened for a while......until one night I reached up to hug her and she disappeared - along with everyone else. I never saw them again.............(I was about 4)

I was too young to be afraid and to think it was wierd to have people in my room....and they weren't solid....they were fuzzy, like when your TV loses reception..........it was hard to look right at them, but if you looked a little to the left or right, you could really see them good.........

I also had a house that was haunted.....the first house I bought (it was built in about 1950)....we lived there for 3 years.....it was just an obnoxious ghost.....turning TV on and off....lifting the mailbox flap and dropping it.....breaking a jar of money I had......I was never really scared then, either....I didn't really feel threatened.....just sometimes aggrivated when it would scare the Chit out of me when I was home alone at night or whatever!!! LOL!!!!

There are just things out there that we may never know the answers too.....although I'd love to find out sometime!!! :)

wilkin250r
07-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
so far its chimed 3 times since they've had it and every time it has chimed somebody died. now thats pretty ****in freaky if you ask me.

Grandma's going in for surgery tomorrow, somebody SHUT THAT CLOCK UP!

Willfulone
07-22-2004, 07:10 PM
PHAT400

My friends dad passed away very suddenly a few years ago and that x-mas he and his son Marlin (3 yrs) were opening present's that papa had for him. After opening the present's Marlin looks over Jay's shoulder (Jay was sitting and Marlin was standing) and say's "thank you Papa.... I love you". Jay say's his heart just dropped, thinking that he was just saying thank you to Papa up in heaven. Sweet right? Well Jay say's "that's very nice Marlin, I'm sure Papa can hear you" Marlin say's " I know he can hear me, he's standing behind you watching me open my gift's".. Poor Jay just about lost it, his wife did lose it. They had been opening present's for almost an hour and Marlin say's Papa was standing behind Jay the entire time with his hand on his shoulder..

Kind of funny how it's just as natural as can be for kids...kinda makes you think that maybe it's the grownups who are all screwed up...

Peace
Willfulone

polabareus
07-22-2004, 07:14 PM
I don't know what category this story falls under, but it's rather strange. Last summer I was up at my great aunt and uncles house which is way up north in Minnesota, a little north of red lake. Well, I had brought my big red 3 wheeler so I could go exploring. I left their house one morning after breakfast and just started riding. I brought 2 3 gallon tanks of gas with me and strapped them onto the rear rack. My great uncle has a little over 300 acres, and his property is surrounded by state land, federal land, and some county land. Theres thousands of acres of nothing. Absolutley nothing. I just started off in the direction of red lake, knowing that there was a gravel road that winds around the northern part of the lake and that I would eventually come across it. There were no trails, but luckily the ground was fairly clear of undergrowth so I didn't have to much trouble navigating the terrain. It was about 3 oclock in the afternoon when I had to re fill my gas tank. I had just put the mostly empty gas tank back on the rack and begun to put my helmet on when I heard a thump behind me. It sounded like something had hit the gas tank. Just as I turned around to see what I dropped or bumped or whatever I see this stick about 2 feet long come flying at me out of some brush. I didn't even put my googles on I just took off. I went as fast as I could for about 10 minutes and than I stopped. I was in a small clearing in the middle of a bunch of pine trees. So I start smoking a cig and I'm trying to check to see if my cell phone has reception or not when all of a sudden something hits my helmet. It felt like a little rock or something. This time I try to rationalize and I just start scanning the treeline. I'm looking right at this group of small pine trees when another stick just comes flying out at me. I didn't hear any movement in the tress, no noises at all except the usual sounds of the forest, birds chirping and stuff like that. I just stood there for a moment, part of me wanted to go over to the trees and another part of me wanted to just bolt. As I'm deciding what to do another stick comes flying at me but this time it's not just being tossed at me, it was thrown hard. It just barely missed me and right then I decided to bolt. I got back on my 3 wheeler and didn't stop until I had come to red lake itself. I don't know where the damn road was. I followed along the shore which sucked because most of the shore was horrible to ride on, dead trees thick forest growth etc. Finally I found the road and found my way back to the highway that goes by my great uncles house. I drove right down the middle of the road full tilt (which isn't that fast on a big red) until I got back to his house. I didn't tell him the whole story, just that something hit my helmet and I thought it was a rock. He just kind of laughed. As far as what was throwing things at me, I have not a clue. There was no trails where I was and I doubt somebody would walk way out in the middle of nowhere like that for any reason. It was in august so there was no hunting of anykind that I can think of. Besides whatever it was followed me through the woods for 10 minutes while I was flying on my big red. No body I know could have kept up with me on foot. I don't know what it was and really I don't even want to guess. It was just weird as hell.

Toadz400
07-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by polabareus
Last summer I was up at my great aunt and uncles house which is way up north in Minnesota, a little north of red lake.

Woa that's a pretty messed up story, if something like that happened to me I wouldn't even think about getting off to check what it was...I'd be out of there in no time!

Is Red Lake near Big Fork or Clear Brook?

polabareus
07-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Well, red lake would be north east of clearbrook and west northwest of big fork. As the crow flies it's about 50 miles or so straight north of bemidji. Pretty remote up around there.

LTandRaptorider
07-22-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by polabareus
Well, red lake would be north east of clearbrook and west northwest of big fork. As the crow flies it's about 50 miles or so straight north of bemidji. Pretty remote up around there.

That was no stick, them were arrows! :eek:

Moral of the story? Never ride in the middle of nowhere... unarmed! ;)

Butters
07-22-2004, 08:22 PM
man i am inpressed at how far the thread has come

anyways..........i used to live on a 3500 acre farm/ranch and on it was an old school house. we originally aquired the land from the land run (i live in oklahoma). anyways we used to store bikes in it. i have no idea why. well part of the roof was torn off so it always seemed creepier then it was. one day my dad and i were taking some bikes out there. we took them in a stored them when we started to here some noises. we just thought it was wind. so we walk outside and it is dead still. we walk back in and my dad just gets this look on his face. all of a sudden he tells me to run outside. i am like "why" and i look up and there is this face of a lady screeming and it is coming towards us. (remember it is just a face) so we run outside and all of a sudden the school house collapses. shocked me and my dad go to my grandpa (lives 400ft away on the farm) and ask him about the school house. he said that he heard it was haunted by a shool teacher that was killed by a boy students dad for singling out his son and making his son look bad and stupid in class.

my conclusion the ghost thought that me and my dad were those people that killed here. oh well 7 years ago we burned the remains of the school house (we left the bikes) and the farm has been sold due to family problems and the death of my grandfather. i thought that was pretty scary. i hope it sounds that way.

JDiablo
07-22-2004, 09:00 PM
wow this thread is the chit,best one i've read in a long time....some sad ones,but mostly just creepy ones,and very true,if something started hitting me like sticks and rocks and there was noone in site,i would GTFO there so fast omg....i would be scared chitless...the thread rox:D

spud400ex
07-22-2004, 10:15 PM
msn messenger just came when i was in the middle of reading a post and i bout crapped my pants. it was like the comp went onto the sreen saver and back off. id better go change my underwear

310Rduner
07-22-2004, 10:54 PM
About 15 mins away from me is the Winchester Mystery House.. reportedly the most haunted house in America. It's right next to (It's in the same parking lot) as the movie theatres I go to a lot so I see it all the time.(It was originally like 160 acres, so when sarah winchester died part of the land was sold, but the house and gardens still stand in the same parking lot:eek: )

Here's an explanation about the Mystery House from bbc Uk:

The Winchester Mystery House, San Jose, California, USA

No trip to Silicon Valley is complete without a visit to this strange Victorian house set in a beautiful garden, right next to three giant, domed movie theatres. The Winchester Mystery House has drawn millions of visitors since it was made a public attraction in the 1930s. The history of this mansion is as strange as its dead end staircases, the windows that look onto on brick walls and the doors that open to 20 foot falls.

The Ghosts Follow the Money

The Winchester Repeating Rifle may well have been the main reason the American West was taken from the native peoples who had been there for centuries. The lever action rifle had been around for years, but Oliver Winchester had developed the means to mass produce it. The company grew rich as the gun became a favourite of cowboys, lawmen, outlaws, the plains tribes and the army. Among the biggest fans of the rifle were President Theodore Roosevelt and General George Custer.

Mrs Winchester

William Wirt Winchester, son of Oliver, was named the Vice-President of the Winchester Company in 1871, and when Oliver died in 1880, he became the owner of 48.9% of the Winchester Company. In 1862, William had married Sarah Pardee. The couple had a daughter, but disease took her away from them a few weeks later. William died of tuberculosis in 1881, leaving Sarah in mourning for the rest of her life.

A Visit to the Medium

Shortly after William's death, Sarah made a trip to Boston and visited a medium. The medium claimed to have contacted her husband and informed her that there was a curse on the family because of the thousands of people who had been killed by the Winchester Rifle. The medium told Sarah to 'Head towards the setting sun', which Sarah took to mean move west. She chose the Santa Clara Valley, an agricultural area of Northern California.

The House

Sarah found a six-room farmhouse under construction just outside San Jose. She bought the house and the 162 acres it sat on and hired the best carpenters, orchard workers and gardeners in the Valley. Since she paid more than twice the going rate for help, she ensured that she got the best. And by paying at the end of every work day, she could fire anyone at any time, something she did quite frequently.

Once Sarah Winchester arrived in San Jose in 1884, the original plans for the modest farmhouse were scrapped and Sarah began drawing up plans for expansion that would lead to continuous building for the next 38 years.

The House Grows

The six rooms of the original farmhouse were quickly remodelled, though the original hay loft and back stairs remain in much the same style as they were when originally built. Rooms were added and remodelled according to drawings Sarah had done by hand. There was no grand scheme for the house, though every morning Sarah met with the foreman to go over plans and come up with ways of dealing with conflicting designs. There were hallways with no doors that went to dead-ends, doors led would lead to drops of many feet, and the famous staircase to the ceiling. Often, the solution to one problem was to build another room around the original, or to make another staircase, which led to the house needing a complex system of bells and signals so that servants could locate Mrs Winchester.

Theories about the Building

Though many think that the strange designs were a product of her lack of training in architecture, others believe that they were designed to confuse ghosts. Mrs Winchester rarely stayed for two consecutive nights in the same bedroom, and is believed to have done the drawings for the building in the seance room late at night. Many say that this shows Sarah's fear of the ghosts that haunted her, and that the designs were purposely done. Sarah also took great care to use many different, confusing paths to get to various parts of the house that she visited frequently. This may have been done to confuse the spirits trying to follow her.

After Sarah

Sarah Winchester died in 1922, leaving her estate to her niece. Removing all the furniture took more than a month. All the furniture was sold at auction and no records were kept of buyers, so none of the furniture currently in the house is original, with the exception of the organs that Mrs Winchester had installed. Much of the furniture in the house today was donated over the years by locals who had period pieces, and there is some belief that the donor of the bed currently in the room where Sarah Winchester died may have been from the Winchester House in Connecticut.

In the 1920s, a company began offering tours of the house, and it was soon to become a full time gig. Much of the acreage, which had once produced apricots, plums, figs and many other fruits, was sold over the years, with many acres being sold to Syufy Enterprises. Syufy built three large movie theatres on the land, each with a large dome that is visible from the 280 Freeway below. A town and country mall was built across the street, getting a lot of traffic from both those locals going to the movies and the tourists visiting the House.

A Tour of the House

The tour begins in a small carriage house on the ground floor. The door then proceeds through a store room with various quantities of old cut glass, Lincresta Wall covering and other items, and then as you walk to the old hayloft, you are invited to poke your head in and see the stairway to the ceiling. Along the way, you'll see the room where Sarah was trapped during the 1906 earthquake (and you can still see the crow bar mark from when they opened the door), two unfinished ballrooms, one with cryptic Shakespearean quotes on stained glass windows, and through rooms with incredible expensive inlaid floors that were boarded off in 1906.

The tour meanders along, passing all sorts of oddities and telling a story of Sarah Winchester as an eccentric widow with too much money and a strange hobby. On regular tours, there is little or no mention of the ghosts that haunted Sarah or the ones that have been seen since her passing. The flashlight tours, that take place several times a year, mention more about ghosts and are given in the darkened house with each participant given a souvenir flashlight.

Perhaps the most interesting theme of the tour is the number 13, with baker's dozens of instances of the number: in the number of sections of panelling on the ceiling, in the number of holes in a drain and even in a standard 12-candle chandelier with an extra candle glued onto the centre post. Other themes that occur around the house include the Daisy (which traditionally has 13 petals) and the spider web.

The Ghosts

While Sarah Winchester is said to have seen or communicated with many spirits in the house while she was living, there are only two active spirits known in the house today. One is a carpenter working diligently on various parts of the grounds. He has never really taken notice of people who encounter him, and is most frequently seen by tour guides on their end of the day rounds in the basement. The other frequently seen, and more often heard, spirit is Mrs Winchester herself. Not only has she been seen in the halls of the house by several tour guides (again, usually at the end of the day), but she has been seen wandering the grounds. Employees of the Century 23 movie theatres have seen Sarah walking through their parking lot late at night. Many times, there are reports of the sound of an organ being played or of a bell ringing late at night, both of which were things Sarah would frequently do.

Though millions of photographs have been taken in the House, few show anything out of the ordinary. There have been photos of things that look like they could be Sarah over the last several years, including one of a very interested reflection in a window in a closed off room. However, no clear photo has ever been taken of any spirit in the house or grounds. There is a story of a couple who took a video of the door of the room Sarah was trapped in in 1906, and that a ball of energy was taped gathering in the doorway.

The house is pretty weird inside, so many strange constructions jobs and stuff... it's almost like an insane funhouse. I haven't been on a tour of it in 7 years probably. (Their is a comment about the movie theatres "being doomed" but that is completely wrong; the theatres are all pretty successful like the other Century theatres are, and are renovated with the same seats and everything as the newly built theatres)

Toadz400
07-22-2004, 11:05 PM
310RDuner I remember seeing that house on America's Most Haunted..I believe it was #1. She kept adding onto the house with no real plans, and doors led to nowhere, and etc...I would hate to live near that place!

310Rduner
07-22-2004, 11:24 PM
More description... alot more about the construction, and weirder things.

Shortly after the seance, Sarah sold her home in New Haven and with a vast fortune at her disposal, moved west to California. She believed that she was guided by the hand of her dead husband and she did not stop traveling until she reached the Santa Clara Valley in 1884. Here, she found a six room home under construction which belonged to a Dr. Caldwell. She entered into negotiations with him and soon convinced him to sell her the house and the 162 acres which it rested on. She tossed away any previous plans for the house and started building whatever she chose to. She had her pick of local workers and craftsmen and for the next 36 years, they built and rebuilt, altered and changed and constructed and demolished one section of the house after another. She kept 22 carpenters at work, year around, 24 hours each day. The sounds of hammers and saws sounded throughout the day and night.

As the house grew to include 26 rooms, railroad cars were switched onto a nearby line to bring building materials and imported furnishings to the house. The house was rapidly growing and expanding and while Sarah claimed to have no master plan for the structure, she met each morning with her foreman and they would go over the her hand-sketched plans for the day’s work. The plans were often chaotic but showed a real flair for building. Sometimes though, they would not work out the right way, but Sarah always had a quick solution. If this happened, they would just build another room around an existing one.

As the days, weeks and months passed, the house continued to grow. Rooms were added to rooms and then turned into entire wings, doors were joined to windows, levels turned into towers and peaks and the place eventually grew to a height of seven stories. Inside of the house, three elevators were installed as were 47 fireplaces. There were countless staircases which led nowhere; a blind chimney that stops short of the ceiling; closets that opened to blank walls; trap doors; double-back hallways; skylights that were located one above another; doors that opened to steep drops to the lawn below; and dozens of other oddities. Even all of the stair posts were installed upside-down and many of the bathrooms had glass doors on them.

It was also obvious that Sarah was intrigued by the number "13". Nearly all of the windows contained 13 panes of glass; the walls had 13 panels; the greenhouse had 13 cupolas; many of the wooden floors contained 13 sections; some of the rooms had 13 windows and every staircase but one had 13 steps. This exception is unique in its own right.... it is a winding staircase with 42 steps, which would normally be enough to take a climber up three stories. In this case, however, the steps only rise nine feet because each step is only two inches high.

While all of this seems like madness to us, it all made sense to Sarah. In this way, she could control the spirits who came to the house for evil purposes, or who were outlaws or vengeful people in their past life. These bad men, killed by Winchester rifles, could wreak havoc on Sarah’s life. The house had been designed into a maze to confuse and discourage the bad spirits.

The house continued to grow and by 1906, it had reached a towering seven stories tall. Sarah continued her occupancy, and expansion, of the house, living in melancholy solitude with no one other than her servants, the workmen and, of course, the spirits. It was said that on sleepless nights, when she was not communing with the spirit world about the designs for the house, Sarah would play her grand piano into the early hours of the morning. According to legend, the piano would be admired by passers-by on the street outside, despite the fact that two of the keys were badly out of tune.

The most tragic event occurred within the house when the great San Francisco Earthquake of 1906 struck. When it was all over, portions of the Winchester Mansion were nearly in ruins. The top three floors of the house had collapsed into the gardens and would never be rebuilt. In addition, the fireplace that was located in the Daisy Room (where Mrs. Winchester was sleeping on the night of the earthquake) collapsed, shifting the room and trapping Sarah inside. She became convinced that the earthquake had been a sign from the spirits who were furious that she had nearly completed the house. In order to insure that the house would never be finished, she decided to board up the front 30 rooms of the mansion so that the construction would not be complete - and also so that the spirits who fell when portion of the house collapsed would be trapped inside forever.

For the next several months, the workmen toiled to repair the damage done by the earthquake, although actually the mammoth structure had fared far better than most of the buildings in the area. Only a few of the rooms had been badly harmed, although it had lost the highest floors and several cupolas and towers had toppled over. The expansion on the house began once more. The number of bedrooms increased from 15 to 20 and then to 25. Chimneys were installed all over the place, although strangely, they served no purpose. Some believe that perhaps they were added because the old stories say that ghosts like to appear and disappear through them. On a related note, it has also been documented that only 2 mirrors were installed in the house.... Sarah believed that ghosts were afraid of their own reflection.

On September 4, 1922, after a conference session with the spirits in the seance room, Sarah went to her bedroom for the night. At some point in the early morning hours, she died in her sleep at the age of 83. She left all of her possessions to her niece, Frances Marriot, who had been handling most of Sarah’s business affairs for some time. Little did anyone know, but by this time, Sarah’s large bank account had dwindled considerably. Rumor had it that somewhere in the house was hidden a safe containing a fortune in jewelry and a solid-gold dinner service with which Sarah had entertained her ghostly guests. Her relatives forced open a number of safes but found only old fishlines, socks, newspaper clippings about her daughter’s and her husband’s deaths, a lock of baby hair, and a suit of woolen underwear. No solid gold dinner service was ever discovered.

The furnishings, personal belongings and surplus construction and decorative materials were removed from the house and the structure itself was sold to a group of investors who planned to use it as a tourist attraction. One of the first to see the place when it opened to the public was Robert L. Ripley, who featured the house in his popular column, "Believe it or Not." The house was initially advertised as being 148 rooms, but so confusing was the floor plan that every time a room count was taken, a different total came up. The place was so puzzling that it was said that the workmen took more than six weeks just to get the furniture out of it. The moving men became so lost because it was a "labyrinth", they told the magazine, American Weekly, in 1928. It was a house "where downstairs leads neither to the cellar nor upstairs to the roof." The rooms of the house were counted over and over again and five years later, it was estimated that 160 rooms existed..... although no one is really sure if even that is correct.

ewalker302
07-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Scary things in my state, ok actual things?

Rattlers, Cottonmouths, Wild boars, Bobcats, Panthers, Alligators

I think thats about it.

Certainly not any ghosts or other paddycakes crap like that.

Go to the hospital or the funeral home and ask anybody there --- "Hey remember that guy who got F'ed up by that ghost?"

It's in your head jerky.

Those are some good fairy tales tho.
:bandit:

SGA
07-22-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by ewalker302

Certainly not any ghosts or other paddycakes crap like that.

It's in your head jerky.

I've been waiting for a nay sayer to show up in this thread! :D

310Rduner
07-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I've been waiting for a nay sayer to show up in this thread! :D

I actually disbelieve a few stories people have posted, mostly because their stories sound like they are inventing em because they think it's what people want to hear, and they are too fantastic. But the ones from willful, your's, the bow hunting one, the child at christmas, and a few others I can believe. The one about the moaning river men though....:rolleyes:

07-23-2004, 06:40 AM
Ohio drivers in my state is probably the scariest thing I see on a daily basis.....:devil:

SHOCKER
07-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
I actually disbelieve a few stories people have posted, mostly because their stories sound like they are inventing em because they think it's what people want to hear, and they are too fantastic. But the ones from willful, your's, the bow hunting one, the child at christmas, and a few others I can believe. The one about the moaning river men though....:rolleyes:

who cares at least its scary or spooky, heck i dont care as long as it sounds good then im fine with it

PHAT400
07-23-2004, 09:40 AM
C'mon...... let's hear some more...

:macho

Pappy
07-23-2004, 09:49 AM
freaky story:macho

a woman and her husband were arguing. the woman went out side and returned to the kitchen where her husband was sitting at the kitchen table. she had gone outside and gotton a cup full of gasoline. she threw the gas at his face then proceeded to light him off as he flopped around on the floor with gas in his eyes.

he burnt up pretty damn good, so did the kitchen and a good portion of the house. the firefighters extinguished the fires and while waiting for the medical examiner a group of firefighters and police were standing near the body when the burnt husband raised his head and asked why:eek: the police and fireman were all so spooked they damn near trampled each other getting away from the victim from the shock of what they had witnessed.

this story was relayed to me by my fellow firefighters that were present on this call. 2 of which never ran another call from that point forward

believe it...or not

Butters
07-23-2004, 11:04 AM
if i saw that i wouldn't go back either.

400grl
07-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by ewalker302

It's in your head jerky.
Those are some good fairy tales tho.
:bandit:

Yeah.....I used to think that way too......but I've seen too much. There are some amazing things that happen that we just don't have a clue about......

440ex2001
07-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Here is one that happened to me and my friends one summer about 3 years ago. I went over to my friends house who lived kind of in a wooded area with a huge woodedd hill that leads up to the road. My friends little brother rides BMX and was having a problem with kids next door sneaking out at night and taking his bikes. We were all hanging out on the back porch talking when we heard what sounded like a bike falling all over and we saw something run across the yard. So me and 2 other friends started to check it out. To other friends went around the side of the house so trying to catch who ever it was. We didnt see anything and about the time we met each other we heard something up the wooded hill toward the road. Kevin ,Jason and I started to walk up the drive way me in the front kevin in the middle and jayson in the back, we were roughly 10 feet apart from each other. Now about a year earlier I guy we went to school with died in a car crash right in front of the house and he was thrown into the woods where we were looking so I told Kevin not to try and scare me or anything cause I was not in the mood. I was pissed and trying to find out who was running around the house. I walked up about 3/4 of the way of the driveway very slowly thinking about the guy that died in the car crash the whole time. I caught someone out the corner of my eye wearing some jean shorts and a hooded sweat shirt up in front of me in the driveway. I said "Kevin stop Playin!" Kevins said I'm not doing anything from behind me. When I turned to look at him and back up the driveway who ever it was was gone. It was very strange when I told him he said stop trying to mess with me man come on you know the usual thing you get from friends when you try to tell them you saw some thing out of the ordinary. On the way down the driveway I was silently trying to rationalize what I may or may not have seen. Was it just the fact that I was thinking about Chris(the guy that died up there) and my imagination got away from me or did I really see something. My question was answered when we got to the bottom and jayson the one at the bottom was standing there with his eyes glued to the top of the driveway his eyes were watering and his voice was shaky and he told us what he had seen. He said he was looking up at the drive way watching us and keeping an eye on everything and he saw some one just appear out of no where and the disappear and as we started back down the driveway it reappered and followed ud half way down the driveway. That freaked me out and Jason still does not want to talk about it when ever its brought up.

dpizz450
07-23-2004, 12:18 PM
hmm well.....the only ghost story i have is one day i went outside to smoke a cigarette when i was home alone. i went on my backporch and i sat down. then i thought i hurd summin inside by the door. so i got up and checked to see if the door was unlocked. it was, so i didn't think nothin of it and opened and shut the door. well i sat back down and heard something again. i went back to the door to see if it was open again and yet it was. i thought i was hearing ****. so i sat down, smoked my cigarette. then when i was done i went and got up and went to the door and it was locked. still dont kno till this day how that happend.

PHAT400
07-23-2004, 12:31 PM
CAN'T FEEL IT OR TASTE IT SO IT MUST NOT BE........ WHATEVER...
We are not alone!!!!!:grr:

Samson
07-23-2004, 01:44 PM
About 1990, me and a buddy used to pick up our dates and a case of Keystone Light and head out to the boonies where we could drink and visit without the local law enforcement cutting our evening short.

I don't know why we decided to go but there is an old abandoned road outside of our hometown that comes to a bridge over the Pecos river. I don't know what the design is called but it has the frame that makes sides and a top. It had wooden planks spanning the bottom. Most had been removed at one time or another. To cross the bridge you had to balance on 3" metal beams that spanned the distance of the bridge. We had been there many times before during the day. Usually to sit on the bridge and throw empty beer cans off into the water for target practice. But this was the first time we had gone at night. It was creepy!

It was dark. REAL dark. And my friend decided he wanted to try to cross that bridge. He was in front and I was following about 10 feet behind. As I worked my way out out onto the bridge, I was watching the beam and my feet. I didn't get very far before everything went BLACK! I couldn't see the beam, my feet or my friend. I might as well have been blind! I started freaking out because I was afraid I was going to fall! I call out to my friend telling him I had to go back! I couldn't see! I turned around and just as I reached the end.......BOOM!

There was a loud noise that shook the entire bridge! I thought my friend had fallen......but there was no splash! :eek2:

I called to him again, only to hear a faint moaning! My friend was in intense pain! I had to help him so I started back out onto the bridge! I finally came to my friend....who had just straddled that 3" beam! Ouch! lol! Surprised he has a kid!

Samson
07-23-2004, 02:08 PM
:D OK, OK, OK! Not scary enough.

Well, here's one that's more on the freeky side.

We were riding at the local sandhills on a HOT summer evening. The sun was starting to set and we were trying to get one last ride in. There are what seems like thousands of hills and low spots out there but when we came over one hill, from the top to bottom, the temperature dropped a good 30 degrees! As soon as we reached the top of the other side, it was hot again! WEIRD! :eek2:

To this day, I have no idea what caused that and I have not experienced anything like it since (that wasn't accompanied by a storm). It sent shivers down my spine. A friend kept swearing we'd "passed through a ghost!" Who knows?

Honda4trax250x
07-23-2004, 02:13 PM
well on long island all we really have is sweet hollow road. this info has been directly copy/pasted from another site

"Sweet Hollow road is a dreadful place to be in the day, and the night. The local legends surrounding this road are numerous, and long. One such legend involves the tale of Long Island's MARY, who was a young girl living in a home along this road, in the colonial past. Her father beat her and abused her sexually, until one night when she ran away from her troubles. Unfortunately she ran onto the road, and was trampled to death by horses. To this day, passerbyers often see a young girl walking alongside the road at night.

Also, the legend of a police officer who patrols this stretch of road is often remembered. He pulls cars over and questions them. When he walks away, it is said that he is missing the back of his head. It was allegedly blown away by a bullet. These local legends add to the flavor of this already creepy looking road."

im going there with a carload of friends when i get my liscence, its not too far from me

heres a daytime pic

http://genuap.myftp.org:8002/My_Pictures0080.jpg

-mike

JRDrider22
07-23-2004, 03:04 PM
running from kids in the middle of the night around here after walking home a girl at night is scary as hell.

some kid says he you, stop! slamms on his brakes 180's in the middle of the road in his car comes over and was like if thats you josh im gonna kick your fregan ***. thank god my name isnt josh

rollie
07-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Willfulone
While we were wating for this house to be built, we rented a small cabin down by the river. I got there about 6 weeks before the wife and kids, as they were finishing up selling the house and getting it packed.

The first night I was there, I got some beer and finished moving my stuff in, all the while pounding about 10 beers. I was pretty wasted by bed time so I shut everything down and went to bed.
About 4 in the morning I woke up and had to take a piss. When I walked around the corner, I stopped dead in my tracks because the bathroom light was on! So now I thinking, ok no big deal, you were just drunk and you left it on. So I went back to bed, but I was feeling really weird. The next morning I got up, showered and got ready for work. When i walked into the kitchen, every drawer and cabinet in the place was open. Now I'm thinking WTF??? Every thing from some one was in hear while I was sleeping to I was just so plastered that I was out of my head.

That night, I get home from work, eat and sit down to watch some tube. There was this old style lamp on a table behind me that I had turned on. Sure as Sh*t, as I'm sitting there with my back to it, it goes off. Not like a burned out light bulb, but "click" off. I almost pissed my pants. Only thing I can figure is that I left it half cocked when I turned it on, and it just clicked itself the rest of the way off. About a minute later, click, off goes the TV.

Into the bedroom I go and out comes the 9mm, in goes a round.

For the next 3 or 4 days nothing, but I am way freeked because I am by myself, and I'm have talked myself into beleving that the place is haunted.

For the next several weeks, a few things here and there kept happening, lights on, drawers open, blinds in a different place, sounds and the like.

So my wife gets there with the kids and everything is cool, except the kids are afraid to sleep in this front room we have set up. They keeps saying its scary because there is someone there! After a bout a week of my wife having to sleep on the floor in there room everynight, I decide to tell her about the weird goings on.

Now she is tottaly freaked, because she had noticed some things too, but had just chalked them up to whatever, whatever.

So we are about 1 week away from moving into the new house, the goings on are still going on. My wife is still sleeping on the floor with the kids in the front room. At about 3am I hear some soft music coming from the front room, so I get up to see what it is. My wife has turned on the radio, because once again they are scared and saying someone is in the room. I say ok and go back across the cabin to my room and am just about to go back to sleep when I hear my wife screem. I jump up and run to the front of the cabin where everyone is screeming and crying. Apparently shortly after I left, My 5 year old said, see mommy, he's right there, over by the table, and then a second later, click, off goes the radio on the table.

Needless to say, that was it for the cabin, she would not stay one minute longer, so in the middle of the night we gathered up some things and headed to a motel for a week untill the house was done. I was scared sh*tless when I had to go back the next night to get the rest of our things. Sure as day, when I rolled up on the place, every single light in the cabin was on. I grabbed the kids stuff and left everything else there.

About 3 weeks later the old lady that rented it to me came by my work, and inquired as to why we left a bunch of our stuff at the cabin. So I asked her about the place and she said that it had been in her family for generations, and all the men had choosen to go there for the last days and hours of their life, because it was their favorite place on earth. Her great grand father, grand father, and father had all died in the place. She said that she didn't goe there much because she was the last of her family, and that her only son had died in Vietnam. I asked her if any of the other renters had ever said anything to her about the place being haunted, and she said that we were the first people she had rented to, but she had never seen anything unusual...

I've never been big on ghosts, bigfoot, ufo's and the like, but this is a true story and I'll swear to it on a stack of bibles.

Peace
Willfulone

holy chit thats some scary stuff.....im looking behind my back everylike minute now...:eek: :p

JRDrider22
07-23-2004, 07:26 PM
alrite its 9 30 pm and im not moveing out of this chair till my mommy comes home at 1

Got Roost?
07-23-2004, 07:29 PM
My friend's parents basment is kind of weird. He and his older brother had rooms downstairs.
Once, his brother was there by himself and he had just brushed his teeth. He put his toothbrush in the toothbrush holder by the door, turned off the light and walked out into his room. Just then he heard a loud CRASH! He walked back into the bathroom, turned on the light and.......
All four toothbrushes were lined up at the far end of the counter top 5' away from the holder!!!

Another time his dad was at home by him self at night. He was sitting upstairs in the living room and it was pitch black downstairs. He heard the downstairs door open (the door is at the far end of the basment and opens on a stairway to up to the garage). Then he heard footsteps come across the basment and walk past the foot of the stairway that comes up to the living room. Then they came back past the stairs and across the basment and the door closed!!!! No lights ever came on in the basment.

Other weird stuff has hapend down there from time to time.

JRDrider22
07-23-2004, 07:41 PM
this is a true story of one of my friends that you have to read

one of my friends used to share a room with her younger brother. she would wake up in the middle of the night and see toys all over the floor that fell over and woke her up. the next night she made sure all of the toys were all together in a good spot where they wouldnt fall. again around 12 45 she woke up to the sound of the toys falling and one on her bed. she was now freaked. she never told her parents becuz she thought they would think shes whack. 1 week later she wakes up around 2 in the morning and bam her little brother is sitting there playing on the floor with his toys. same thing happens the next night and she asked him " Bobby what are you doing?" he said the boy on the other side of you woke me up and asked me if i wanted to play. she turned around and all she saw was his face and then he disappeared. we looked it up on the internet and all through town and we had finally found out the answer. 78 years ago to the date of July 8 a little boy age 9 was killed in that house in that room by his mother.

another story i heard from my best friend's mom is really good also

my best friend was 8 and they had a flood in town. the lights went out around 9 30ish. so she got a hold on her sister, got my friend (her son), and their bullmastif cramer(dog), and headed off to her house 2 blocks down with 2 flahslights. they got there, got settled in, lit some candles and went into the other room to go to sleep. except only one problem, the dog wouldnt go in. she dog kept barking in the door way and looking up towards the railing of the upstairs. he paced around to the other doorway in the same room and kept barking and wouldnt stop crying. he did it the whole night. as my friend and his mom started getting mad they went out and layed with him in the kitchen. they also looked the house up and found out that a kid 32 years ago hung himself off that railing because he found out his girlfriend was cheating on him with his twin identical brother.

alright im scared to death i just brought that up

Got Roost?
07-23-2004, 08:01 PM
Another true story about my friend's basment.

In the middle of the night he felt somthing crawl onto his bed. He said that it slid up his legs like a large snake and coiled up on his chest. He said the it was so heavy that he could hardly breath. He just lay there, not moving until he felt it leave!!!

SGA
07-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Heres kind of a funny scary story, happened to my dad and his friends when they were early teens.

They lived way out in the country, and would walk up the dirt road to the little store about 3 miles away. Well, theres this old church on the dirt road they walked, a real creepy place, large trees with moss hanging down, lots of old graves, not a fun place to be at night. Well, a group of them were walking back from the store one night, using the starlight to see by. As they got about even with the church, a big tree limb fell right behind them. Being they were spooked about the church anyway, they took off running down the road towards the house.

What they didnt know was about 100 feet in front of them in the middle of the dirt road, a herd of cows had bedded down for the night They hit the cows running wide open. My dad told me "We were scared and running, it was pitch black, then we hit the cows. Cows were bellowing and stumbling around, we were tripping and falling all over the dam things screaming for our life".
He said it was awhile before they went past that church at night :D

Ralph
07-23-2004, 11:22 PM
kenny has a good cow story, not scary but interesting...

brian-250
07-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
kenny has a good cow story, not scary but interesting... do we wanna know?:devil:

Ralph
07-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by brian-250
do we wanna know?:devil:

well are you gonna retell it as your story?

bansheeguy77
07-24-2004, 08:22 PM
ok i read everything and this has scared the hell outa me. should be a good nights sleep. i have had some stupid freaky things happen to me...i have a story to tell tho. i have been trying to type this msg and everytime i start typing i get so cold and quit. ok anyhow heres the story...about 5 years ago or so i had this really screwed up dream. i was at my church but this guy in a black trench coat grabs me and takes me away...i was like wtf...next thing i knew he took me to hell. and i was like tied there...and satan was infront of me sitting in his throne. and i had to just stare at him for 5 hrs. and it literally felt like it. then demons came in and just started beating me and scratching me. i got so hot like hells fire. then satan just started laughing and smiled at me then i woke up. my bed was soaked in sweat. i was so petrified because that dream was so real. i felt everything and it literally felt like 5 hrs where we just had a stare down in a closed red room. so the next day i get outa the shower and im walkin around with no shirt on like i always do and my mom starts freaking out. she goes who hurt you! were you in a fight!!! i was like no why? she goes you have scratches all over your back and they were all red and deep. i looked in the mirror and was speechless then i told her about it. to this day i still have scratches imbedded into my back...if ya dont believe me i will show you

440ex2001
07-24-2004, 08:32 PM
thats uhhhh well. I'm speechless. I'm glad demons cant come into churches in real life.

Dan229
07-24-2004, 08:40 PM
Man I'm watching a show on the Discovery Channel called "A haunting in GA" Man there is some scary chit on there...I'm sleeping with the lights one tonight!!!

Dan229
07-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Bancheeguy, what did the devil look like? Was he wearing a black cap with red lining?

bansheeguy77
07-24-2004, 08:53 PM
no...he really had no figure just kinda likea pissed off looking spirit with evil looking eyes

Willfulone
07-25-2004, 12:22 AM
Give it legs
Peace
Willfulone

Punk'd
07-25-2004, 02:10 AM
Well I have a friend named Candy.. anyway she lives in this house were 9 people died (all of murder) and they have a cross on the wall.. and well.. Jesus himself flys off and the cross just stays there.. ok ya im freaked now:eek:

Punk'd
07-25-2004, 02:11 AM
O and yes thats very true sorry I didnt go into detail but its freaky CHIT!

bansheeguy77
07-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
O and yes thats very true sorry I didnt go into detail but its freaky CHIT!

lol dude ya shouldnt be afraid of jesus he wont harm ya :blah:

Punk'd
07-25-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
lol dude ya shouldnt be afraid of jesus he wont harm ya :blah:

VERY TRUE

BUT!

Whatever threw him off you should fear and move out of the house:eek2:

86350x
07-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Scary things in my state........................Jeniffer Granholm. She want's to put taxes on everything and anything. I'll be sure to make some yellow snow by her mansion when I go over to the island again this year.:mad:

Joecool1264
07-25-2004, 07:47 PM
Yikes, scary chit! You've got to see my Ex-wife. My pet name for her is Broadzilla, rear end about three foot wide and a personality like that big lizard from tokyo. I don't even mind sending her a check every month, it's like paying her NOT to live with me, LOL.

SGA
07-25-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Joecool1264
I don't even mind sending her a check every month, it's like paying her NOT to live with me, LOL.
:D :D

Butters
07-26-2004, 04:22 PM
bump

stace609
07-26-2004, 08:56 PM
I've never had anything too crazy. In my house here I had a ghost dog for awhile I'd always see him upstairs out of the corner of my eye. My dog saw him too. He'd just stare at like nothing all the time. It looked like a chow or something. Stocky and black.

My mom had a pretty crazy ghost story though. This was back before I was even born, when her and my dad were still together. She said one day something made the entire house shake like an earthquake but it was in pa. and one night my dad came home and saw a female walking past the windows so he came in and saw my mom in bed and asked her why she was pretending to sleep and she said she had already been in bed for a few hours. then they both saw the same female going through the yard always in teh same direction into the woods. the one time my dad followed her and he said he was stumbling and struggling over trees and brush and the girl was just floating smooth and fast. this stuff kept going on until they found a girls body in the direction the ghost kept going. the murderer's last name was brown, i can't remember his first name. my mom went to school with him. he's like Butler county's only serial killer. Pretty crazy stuff.

JDiablo
07-26-2004, 08:59 PM
word that last one is pretty creepy...damn gay *** place where i live nuttin good happens,although i do live in NJ all the places are far as hell away from me expect two of them and been there a million times already

400grl
07-27-2004, 09:57 AM
I don't mind not having anything creepy going on in my house anymore!!! It can be unnerving........

JDiablo
07-27-2004, 10:04 AM
well i know alot of you have more stories to tell so bring them on...this thread is a good one...don't let it die down now:(

derekhonda
07-27-2004, 10:17 AM
There is an iron bridge out where we go riding that lets you drive over sugar creek and legend has it someone killed their baby by throwing it off that brigde. If you drive over it late at night, park on the bridge, roll down the windows, and turn off your car you can hear baby screams .

Butters
07-27-2004, 10:39 AM
this isn't really a ghost story but its wierd. about 10 years ago we had a family cat. it had something wrong with its heart and it died. my dad took the cat and put it in a plastic bag to go bury it. as he was going outside he sat it on the washing machine which was running at the time. as he was putting on his shoes he heard the cat mewing and trying to get out. so my dad takes the cat out of the bag and pics it up and it dies again. so thinking that it worked the 1st time he sat the cat back on the washing machine and it started to move but only for a short time because after that it didn't wake back up.

SmokinEX
07-27-2004, 10:51 AM
One of my friends had to stay with me for a few days one time,
and told me a story when i woke up.
he told me he was lying there staring at the celing trying to go to sleep ( it was around 2 am) when he seen me walk threw the room where he was at. I was all dressed with my jacket an shoes on ready to go.. and he listend to me walk downstairs but never heard me leaving the house, after about 5 minutes he came down behind me to see what i was doin, and he couldnt find me in the house so he figured i just left and went somewhere. He was heading back to bed and he looked in my bedroom, and there i was laying there in my boxers passed out..
this freaked me out considering the fact i was walking around when i was really sleeping
:confused:

JDiablo
07-27-2004, 11:00 AM
^^^ i think thats called sleepwalking,lol

Dan229
07-27-2004, 11:08 AM
I was in the Navy for a total of eight years and I saw all sorts of things and had several weird things happen to me but this is the strangest thing that happened to me during my time in the Navy. The squadron I was attached to flew the E-2C Hawkeye airborne early warning aircraft which is a prop driven aircraft and when this event happened we were deployed aboard the aircraft carrier USS Kitty Hawk and we were somewhere in the middle of the Pacific Ocean several months into our six month cruise on a dark, cloudy, and moonless night.

It must have been around midnight when I went topside to assist in the troubleshooting of a problem on one of our aircraft that required the engines to be turning. I wasn’t playing an active roll in the troubleshooting of this particular problem as it was an engine issue and my job was to troubleshoot the avionics onboard the aircraft but any time the engines are turning the squadron was required to supply one person from each work center to man the “safety chain”(It is a semi-circle of people around the front of the aircraft to keep people away from the props). This particular issue required the engines to be brought up to full military power and I knew high power turns (as they are called) take a long time so I wasn’t too thrilled to know I would be standing around for several hours. As I had expected, it took a long time to complete the turn and all other maintenance on the flight deck was complete by the time the problem was corrected.

By this time it must have been close to 3 AM and the ship did have some lighting topside during the turn but it was dark across most of the carrier deck. The usual procedure is to have only the minimum amount of lighting topside at night while there are no flight ops and maintenance is being done and then turn off all the lights after all maintenance is complete. Everyone that works at night on the flight deck does have a flashlight and each job they do requires a lens of some color and on the end of the flashlight is a plastic cone with a small part of the end cut off so the end result is half a wand with a small beam of usable light. For my job, the flashlight lens is a dark blue and even with brand new batteries in it I could only see about 7 feet in complete darkness with them. Anyone that is part of the night time safety chain is required to have their flashlight on and move it back in forth with an outstretched arm and move their arm up and down as a visual signal to anyone coming near you that the aircrafts props are moving. After over three hours of doing this the arm movements became less and less, my light was very dim, and I was tired so I was very glad the turn was finally over and I could soon go back downstairs to my work center and rest for awhile.

I saw the tow tractor slowly emerge from the darkness with the deck crew that is responsible for moving aircraft around on the crowded flight deck. Once the tow bar was hooked to the aircraft I put my flashlight away and helped remove the many tie-down chains that had been installed to hold the plane during the turn and help speed up the process of moving the aircraft back to its normal parking spot. Once all the chains were accounted for and stowed in either the aircrafts hallway or on the tow tractor I backed away from the plane and stood watching as it was being towed away.

I then turned and started to walk back across the flight deck at an angle toward the edge of the flight deck. I was going to get to the edge of the flight deck and then work my way back toward the end of the ship in search for a ladder that would take me down to the lower decks near my work center. I made it about twenty feet away from where I was standing and then all the lights went out; it was completely black and I couldn’t see a darn thing. No problem, after working up on the flight deck for so long I figured I still had 30 or so feet before I was going to get close enough to the edge to turn on my flash light. I was walking along and then all of a sudden I hit something! This startles me a little as I didn’t remember seeing anything in the general direction I had planned to walk but with so much stuff packed onto a carrier deck I wasn’t concerned as I must have walked further than I thought and hit a plane wing or a tow tractor or something. When I hit this thing I stopped dead! I just froze! I was in mid stride with my weight about to transfer from my left foot to my right foot and I was walking at a normal pace. It was so dark I couldn’t see my hand one inch from my face so I figured it was best for me to bring my right foot back and now I am standing with both my feet together. At the time I figured I must have 15 to 20 feet or so left before I am close to the edge so I put my arm out to feel what I hit. Nothing is there! Ok, now I am getting a little more concerned but the thought goes through my mind that maybe I hit a tie down chain. They can extent a good distance away from a plane or piece of equipment so I feel a little lower. Still, nothing is there! So I get out my flashlight and hold it about waist high and point it straight out in front of me and turn it on. Nothing is in front of me. Ok, so again, I think I hit a tie down chain connected to something so I shine the light down and in front of me. I don’t see anything; in fact, I don’t even see the deck of the ship! At this point, I am really confused! I know I am standing on something so maybe my flashlight is crappy or my tired mind is messing with me. So, I squat down and shine the light just in front of my feet; I see nothing at all! My poor tired mind still hasn’t figured it out! I move the light back toward my feet and about half way back past the tip of my boots and then I see the deck of the ship! I am standing half on and half off the flight deck of the ship!!! There was nothing in front of me to hit except the ocean almost 80-feet below! This scares me so bad I almost fall in anyway!!! Only that particular spot on the ship has no safety netting and is the only spot you can literally walk right off the ship! All around the rest of the ship is netting to catch you, hopefully, if you fall or get blown off the flight deck…

I had no feelings of apprehension; I didn’t think I was even close to the edge so I was just walking along and I hit “it”. What ever “it” is was strong enough to stop me dead in my tracks but it didn’t hurt me. It was like every atom in my body just froze. Try walking along with one foot in the air in the process of taking a step and then instantly freeze, that will give you a pretty good idea but I could actually feel this force that stopped me. It was across the entire front of my body but not the back. I didn’t feel pressure in any one place more than any other, but something was going to make darn sure I didn’t fall. All I can say is I am very glad something else out there took the time to care about me that night. I don’t know if I would have lived or not if I had fallen that far in the dead of night…

SmokinEX
07-27-2004, 11:09 AM
^^^ i think thats called sleepwalking,lol

how could i be sleep walking if he came down after me and no one was there,, unless im a ghost and just never realized :rolleyes:

trict_out
07-27-2004, 12:15 PM
4 of my friends and i were hangin out around a fire in one of my pasture fields, which is directly links into a large set of woods to the west. Well we just got the fire going and as most 17 year old guys do we were talkin about chicks and freaky stuff that happens. Like psychos ,bigfoot, hermits, that kinda chit. Well we all started to get kinda weirded out. So my girlfriends brother and i decide we will go get some sticks from the woods to spear and cook our hotdogs on. We both jump on trhe quad and cruise about 200 yards to where the woods start. Well at the edge of the woods are a small line of trees and on the otherside of the trees is a pretty large ravine that prolly drops steeply about 35 feet covered with shrubbery and small trees. We get off the recon and start walkin towards the woodline. Brian (my girlfriends brother) is pullin down on the branches while i am hackin away at them with the hatchet. As soon as i quit we start to hear a panting noise like somethin is out of breath. The only lights we had were comin off the quad and it was this winter sp it was really cold out prolly 30 degrees. Well the lights carry down the ravine and we seen breath coming from some kind of an animal like it does when its cold ya know. Incredibly freaked out i JOe montana toss a huge stick at whatever it was and started yellin. as soon as that stick made a crack the thing started running down the ravine. In the light of the quad and moon all we caught was that it was white and extremey large like knockin large trees and **** out of its way on its way down. So naturally we were on the quad and outta there in the blink of an eye. I never go into my woods unless im armed now.
Personally i think real animals like bigfoot, and real people like jeffrey dalmer, charles manson, are scarier than ghosts. But im not saying they dont exist. Just that i have never saw one. I pray to god the abominable snowman is not runnin around in my woods.

trict_out
07-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Wow Dan thats a crazy story, someone up there was sure watchin out for you. Your a lucky guy.

JDiablo
07-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by trict_out
Wow Dan thats a crazy story, someone up there was sure watchin out for you. Your a lucky guy.

yea that is some pretty creep stuff...i had to re read it a second time though...i couldnt really understand it at first:p

400exrules
07-27-2004, 02:32 PM
If your into scary movies.......................this will do the trick

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/the_village/trailer/large.html

TGW_400ex
08-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Better bump this back up:D

Toadz400
08-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
If your into scary movies.......................this will do the trick

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/the_village/trailer/large.html

That looks like a pretty good movie now that I know what it's about...in the commercials it just leaves you confused as to what the whole point of the movie is about.

DillonTMNT
08-04-2004, 08:05 PM
www.lonestarspirits.org

K_Banger125
08-04-2004, 08:15 PM
the scariest thing in my state by far is how TGW 400ex rides...its hideous:eek2:

k2-dawg
08-04-2004, 08:36 PM
One word.............................TACO, enuff said.

TGW_400ex
08-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by K_Banger125
the scariest thing in my state by far is how TGW 400ex rides...its hideous:eek2:

dude most people dont find it funny when people don't wreak not you on the other hand:rolleyes:

K_Banger125
08-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
dude most people dont find it funny when people don't wreak not you on the other hand:rolleyes:

hey your not riding if your not wrecking...enough said:eek:

TGW_400ex
08-04-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by K_Banger125
hey your not riding if your not wrecking...enough said:eek:

More like

K_Banger_125 is not riding if he is not wreaking haha O chit thats Jerad nvm

MXER017
08-04-2004, 08:50 PM
Scary things in my state

1.All the fat chics that hit on me.
2.The really drunk nights when I think about it
3.This wierd rash I have now:( j/k
nothing evers happens scary round here

JDiablo
08-04-2004, 09:01 PM
That looks like a pretty good movie now that I know what it's about...in the commercials it just leaves you confused as to what the whole point of the movie is about.

i read a review,and it gave the movie a one star rating,said it was laughable...and at the end of the movie they wanted to get there money back....i was going to go see it just for the hell of it,but it was sold out,now a good movie is harold and kumar go to white castle and the bourne supremacy

Toadz400
08-04-2004, 09:13 PM
i read a review,and it gave the movie a one star rating,said it was laughable...and at the end of the movie they wanted to get there money back....i was going to go see it just for the hell of it,but it was sold out,now a good movie is harold and kumar go to white castle and the bourne supremacy

Hmm...well I still want to see it, just to see if the review was right or not. Wouldn't think the review would be THAT bad. That Harold and Kumar movie looked absolutely retarded, and the Bourne Supremacy definately looks like a good movie..I loved the first movie. Can't wait until the next one comes out, then there might be a 4th one since it's based on a series of books and I guess the guy is working on a 4th one.

JDiablo
08-04-2004, 09:21 PM
^^ from the way they ended it,they def gonna make a 3rd movie

Honda400exrox
08-04-2004, 09:28 PM
ive seen all this stuff about liek bigfoot and whut nots on tv, has any1 on here ever heard it or not? if i did id go home and get my dads shotgun and load it up with slugs:macho im gunna bag me a bigfoot lol its a guy in a costume he better run!!

Butters
08-04-2004, 10:33 PM
yeah i heard somewhere about the 3rd movie. i can't remember where but its supposed to be called the bourne legacy.

Chef
08-05-2004, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Honda400exrox
ive seen all this stuff about liek bigfoot and whut nots on tv, has any1 on here ever heard it or not? if i did id go home and get my dads shotgun and load it up with slugs:macho im gunna bag me a bigfoot lol its a guy in a costume he better run!!

It seems funny that you guys are just getting on about bigfoot-that ended 10 years ago here, where it started. The man behind it all died a while back...in the last year I think.

BlueZ440
08-05-2004, 07:42 AM
UGLY B*TCH*S..:eek: :eek2:

Butters
10-22-2004, 12:07 PM
bigfoot. :eek2:

dunnonuttin
10-22-2004, 12:22 PM
I have a true story that is very weird and scared the begiznuts outta me. When I was 15 (im 24 now) My uncle and I went bow hunting near a mental hospital called Butner you may be familiar with it if you live near Guilford or rockingham county NC. There are no legends about it. Its just a mental hospital and the game lands go all around it. Well it was about 3:00am and we were lugging around our arrows,bow and tree stand. We had been walking a pretty good ways when my uncle spotted the Hospital up a head though the trees. We decided to head away from it and we noticed a rusty old chain link fence with barb wire around the top running parralell to us so we had to tun back anyway. Something caught my Uncles eye, someone or something had dug a whole under the fence looked like something a dog would do. We thought nothing of it and kept walking. After about 10 mins of walking we started to her something to our right in the woods. Thinking it was a deer we both stoped and pulled an arrow. After listning again we realized it was no deer. It sounded like some one draggin there feet . We started to walk toward the noise and came upon a big pile of garbage and a man rumaging through it. My uncle calle out " how are you doing" the guy stoped with his back toward us stood up right and slowly turned around. We both had our flash lights in on his face and he was very weird looking like a mongaloid (eyes close togther large forehead kinda like sloth from the goonies). He was just staring at our lights with a blankis look his mouth was open and he was holding an old dirty baby doll he had found in the garbage pile. I think my uncle and I both started to put 2 and together the hole under then fence, the distance we were from the mental hospital. My uncle whispered to me I dont beleive this fella is very friendly and we both backed up slowly keeping our lights on him. After we got a good distance between us we turned and started walking again. Before long we heard the guy following us. We would walk and stop and we could hear him for a few steps before he stoped. This was freakin me out. My uncle was in the military and a brown belt in Judo and I considered him pretty tough so when he said the SOB is following us and picked up the pace I started to worry. We both were half walking /running with all the crap on our backs through the woods and this guy was staying right behind us. Before long my Uncle started to ease his tree stand of his back and told me to do the same. We both ran until we didnt hear that guy anymore. We were both scared It may not sound very scary but this guy was weird looking. When we watched the news that evening there was a report of a man in his 40's escaping from Butner and is considered very mentally ill and unstable. I will remember that for the rest of my life god i live in NC not far from graham

Stevie-D
10-22-2004, 03:52 PM
a few miles from my house is a small lake called Lake Ariel. there is a small town around it that's been there for a long while now. anyway, there is a small island out in the middle of the lake. people own lake frontage, but the lake belongs to the county. so the island is the states property. the only way you can get out there is either to own property on the lake or know someone who does. the island has always been an awesome camping spot. teens used to be out on it all the time.
there was a murder here a while ago. that much is fact. the body (a teen about 16 years old) was never found. legend has it that he was buried by the murderer out on the island. there was never any investigation on the island trying to find the body.
so we go camping out there every now and then. never seen or heard anything wierd or creepy, but just being out there kinda sends a chill up your spine.

another story:

we live on bout 25 acres of land. most of it being woods with a field and shale quarry in it. behind our property is about 300 acres of a game preserve.
there is a creek (Middle Creek) that runs through it. the land kind of makes a big trough, so there is a large swamp in the middle of it that the creek runs through. last summer me and a few friends were out there on our quads (there are fields and logging trails that run all over) and we were down near the swamp on a trail. the trail ends in some brush near the swamp. so we tried to find a way through the swamp so we could keep riding. we go in a ways, and it's like something out of a freaky horror film in there. now the wierd part: there was a deer skull hanging about 5 feet off the ground on a tree branch. think about it. why the heck would someone be WAY back in the woods, and hang a deer skull on a tree? we found that next to the main stream that runs through the swamp. we noticed a bit downstream that there is a cable that is wrapped around a tree, going into the water. so we go upstream a ways to a place we can cross, come back down and look at the cable. it's sunk into the tree a good 2 inches. so its been there a good while. it goes down into the middle of the stream. wierd part: it's hooked to something under water. we tugged like heck on that cable, but it would not budge. we were too freaked out at that point to get into the water and see what it was hooked to.
the deer skull must have been put there by a person, as must the cable. but we never found out what the heck the cable is hooked to. kinda wierd.

Screamin440
10-22-2004, 04:24 PM
Okay, there are a lot stories of paranormal places around here but I'll just post the best ones.

The first one is Spooklight. It has been in at least one book that I know of and here is just one website telling the story. I can verify the light because I've seen it several times. My friend Nick was down there on Halloween messing with kids using his lighter to make it look like the light. All of a sudden he turned around and there was a HUGE man dressed in black (Nick is 6'0" and weighs a good 300lbs and he said the man was huge) holding the lantern. The man yelled at him to get out of here. He hasn't been back to this day.

Link: Spooklight story (http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/haunted/terrehaute/spooklighthill.htm)

Another more official website link http://www.copa-group.com/Sites.php

There is an old house that was condemned and was to be torn down. It was from the 1800s and had been empty for a long time. The county finally decided to tear it down as it was a health hazard. Apparently the first time they hit the chimney with the bucket of a backhoe, it simply shook the house. They hit it even harder next time and it didn't budge. Anyhow my friends Randy and Charlie were out there one night messing around just checking the place out after it was finally torn down. There was no wind out and Charlie flipped his cigarette into the opening for the basement. All of a sudden as soon as the cigarette got to where the house foundation was something flipped the cigarette back in their direction but there was no wind gust to be felt.

We were out there another time and I was too scared to go up to where the house used to be (I'll admit it). I was sitting there at the end of the driveway talking to a couple of girls while about 5 people went up to where the house was. They were up by the house for a while when all of a sudden the whole woods lit up like someone had turned on a spot light. When they got back I asked who had the flashlight and Randy gave it to me. I asked him if he had turned it on at any point while they were back there and he said no and asked why. At that point I started freaking out along with a couple of the girls and said "You mean you didn't see those woods light up!?!" They replied they hadn't seen it.

Also, what's freaky is that I noticed the lightning bugs in that field were all flashing from right to left in order, much like the marker lights do on airport runways. Yet if you were to look to the other fields just to the right and left the other lightning bugs were all flashing sporadically in no order, even the ones just on the other side of the fence.

I could keep going on telling stories but I'm tired of typing. Maybe I'll come back and tell the story of Randy's haunted house that they just built 3 years ago. :eek2:

Stevie-D
10-22-2004, 05:33 PM
All of a sudden he turned around and there was a HUGE man dressed in black (Nick is 6'0" and weighs a good 300lbs and he said the man was huge) holding the lantern. The man yelled at him to get out of here. He hasn't been back to this day.

perhaps the other guy was doing the same thing that nick was:confused: :chinese:

Stevie-D
10-22-2004, 05:41 PM
http://www.warphead.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=517

maybe some other pennsyvanians know of this. there is a crapload of witchcraft going on around here. not just in luzerne county, but out in the country around here in wayne county as well as others im sure. some pretty disturbing stuff.

Screamin440
10-22-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
perhaps the other guy was doing the same thing that nick was:confused: :chinese:

Right.... who uses a lantern from the 1800s anymore?

Butters
10-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Screamin440
Right.... who uses a lantern from the 1800s anymore?

yeah maybe a zippo but not a lantern.

Atreyu
10-22-2004, 09:28 PM
www.weirdnj.com

I went to a place called 'shades of death road' last weekend...creepy shiet.

10-22-2004, 11:06 PM
the one thing that crreps me out is there is a guy in my town hes a hunchback and he got caught stealing womens panties:eek: . no lie he freaks the hell outa me

87250rxrider
10-23-2004, 11:58 AM
the town i live in, which is in CT, is famous for the "white lady." this is one of the most known ghosts in the US, and is always on tv shows accross the nation. the "white lady" is known to be seen frequently by ongoers, that pass by the cemetary, which is located on a fairly busy road. she is known to be a friendly ghost, b/c there have never been any reports of stuff happening to people, but the ghost just seems to float over the cemetary. though i have never seen her myself, i do know people that have.

Screamin440
10-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Okay, it's time to tell the story of my friend Randy's house. They just built this house 3 years ago on the same property that their other house was on, they just built further back into the woods.

After a month or so of living in the house Randy said that there was a ghost haunting this new house. He said that he was sleeping on the couch one day when there was a really loud banging on the door. Since no one else was home he jumped up to go see who it was. He opened the door and looked around but there was no one there. This happened a couple of more times apparently but every once in a while the knocking would go all the way around the house pounding on the walls and the windows.

He was home on day during the winter shortly after this all started and the pounding happened again. This time he was ready for it and went running outside to try and see if someone might be pounding on the door just messing with him. We had gotten 3" of snow over the night so he started looking around the house for tracks. He found tracks leading away from the house into the woods but he never saw any tracks leading up to the house. He followed the tracks for about 3 miles back through the woods and the foot steps lead right into a cemetery that's down the road from his house. :eek2:

Anyhow, I went over to his house to watch the Super Bowl and we had a real bad sleet/ice storm during the game. As I went to leave I got about 500 feet down the road and I turned around and came back. I was sliding so bad all over the road there was no way I could drive 15 miles to go home.

He told me to sleep on the couch and he reminded me about the ghost and said if I needed anything he would leave his door partially open so all I had to do was yell.

Around 1:00AM that pounding on the door happened. I yelled for Randy and kept my head down. About 3 seconds after I yelled he was out his door and asking me what was wrong.

Now I know it had to a ghost or something supernatural because 1) No one was there at the time. 2) Randy could not have gone out his window because I would have felt the cold draft come through the house (it was something like 15 degrees outside). 3) With all of the ice on the roads and all on the sidewalk there was no way you could walk around outside without falling and hurting yourself.

I was freaked out for a while and I haven't slept at his house since.

Punk'd
10-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Screamin440
Okay, it's time to tell the story of my friend Randy's house. They just built this house 3 years ago on the same property that their other house was on, they just built further back into the woods.

After a month or so of living in the house Randy said that there was a ghost haunting this new house. He said that he was sleeping on the couch one day when there was a really loud banging on the door. Since no one else was home he jumped up to go see who it was. He opened the door and looked around but there was no one there. This happened a couple of more times apparently but every once in a while the knocking would go all the way around the house pounding on the walls and the windows.

He was home on day during the winter shortly after this all started and the pounding happened again. This time he was ready for it and went running outside to try and see if someone might be pounding on the door just messing with him. We had gotten 3" of snow over the night so he started looking around the house for tracks. He found tracks leading away from the house into the woods but he never saw any tracks leading up to the house. He followed the tracks for about 3 miles back through the woods and the foot steps lead right into a cemetery that's down the road from his house. :eek2:

Anyhow, I went over to his house to watch the Super Bowl and we had a real bad sleet/ice storm during the game. As I went to leave I got about 500 feet down the road and I turned around and came back. I was sliding so bad all over the road there was no way I could drive 15 miles to go home.

He told me to sleep on the couch and he reminded me about the ghost and said if I needed anything he would leave his door partially open so all I had to do was yell.

Around 1:00AM that pounding on the door happened. I yelled for Randy and kept my head down. About 3 seconds after I yelled he was out his door and asking me what was wrong.

Now I know it had to a ghost or something supernatural because 1) No one was there at the time. 2) Randy could not have gone out his window because I would have felt the cold draft come through the house (it was something like 15 degrees outside). 3) With all of the ice on the roads and all on the sidewalk there was no way you could walk around outside without falling and hurting yourself.

I was freaked out for a while and I haven't slept at his house since.

Freakin squirels!!!:blah:

j/p thats freaky

Samson
10-24-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Punk'd
Freakin squirels!!!:blah:

j/p thats freaky

That's no joke.

At our last house, we had squirrels that would play on the roof at night and large trees that would brush up against the sides and windows when it got windy. You'd of thought it was haunted with all the strange scraping, taps and banging noises.

Disaster
10-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Samson
That's no joke.

At our last house, we had squirrels that would play on the roof at night and large trees that would brush up against the sides and windows when it got windy. You'd of thought it was haunted with all the strange scraping, taps and banging noises.

Just like in the movies lol...

Stevie-D
10-24-2004, 01:33 PM
yeah maybe a zippo but not a lantern

i have a lantern that is perty darn old. same idea as one from the 1800's. you burn a candle in it for light. if i was trying to scare people, i'd use the lantern. but whatever. :D

400exrules
09-03-2005, 02:19 PM
bump:eek:

Butters
09-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
bump:eek:

you bumped my thread.....this thing is like almost a year old!! :eek:

09-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Heres a scary story.

My friends house is haunted, crosses have been turned upside down and crap, but My friend had his house blessed, and two weeks later his cat died, and then the preist that blessed the house died on the same day.

also one time, they put a infa red camera or somethin, and the thing went off, so my friends brother tried getting out of his room, and somethin was holdin the door back, and then he'll be sitting in the water bed, and then somethin would sit next to him, and sink the bed down.

09-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by dvx400rider
Heres a scary story.

My friends house is haunted, crosses have been turned upside down and crap, but My friend had his house blessed, and two weeks later his cat died, and then the preist that blessed the house died on the same day.

also one time, they put a infa red camera or somethin, and the thing went off, so my friends brother tried getting out of his room, and somethin was holdin the door back, and then he'll be sitting in the water bed, and then somethin would sit next to him, and sink the bed down.

if i were you i would never go to his house lol

09-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Shift_400EX
if i were you i would never go to his house lol

Scarey thing is that he lives in the same country as me:scary: :scary: :scary: hes just like mj.

09-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by banshee91
Scarey thing is that he lives in the same country as me:scary: :scary: :scary: hes just like mj. :huh

09-03-2005, 09:15 PM
edited for vulgarity

Atkins
09-03-2005, 09:16 PM
edited vulgarity from qoute

09-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Shift_400EX
once again:huh

lol

09-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Atkins
Banned!:eek2:

i have never had a warning.lol

400exrider36
09-03-2005, 09:34 PM
i have a story about my friend. lets see, about 2 years ago my friend was searching the muskeg flowage for coins, old stuff, whatever, and in the water he found a rock a little smaller than a soccer ball. it was perfectly round and was smooth. well, hes into old things(thats why he was there) and so he looked into what it was. he found it was a "magic" ball that one of the indian tribes(dont remember which)carried so that if they were ill or sick, they would roll the ball up eachothers back to cure them. once he found this out, he called professionals on this and found out its the second largest found in the US, and in the most unusual place, away from any other found in the country. he was offered $10,000 for it. well he never sold it cause he knows he can get more than that.
SO ANYWAYS, from the day he got that ball, he has had the worst luck a person could have. first his dad dies, then he gets in a terrible car crash. then his grandma dies, his brother went to jail, then he looses his house. theres littler things that would happen everyday, but i dont remember being it was over 2 years ago, i just remember gettting really freaked out. he would tell me something everyday in school. i told him to get rid of it, he said he wasnt sure what to do anymore. well he hasnt said a word about it since. he had to move to a different state so i havent been able to talk to him much. still freaks the heck out of me

Butters
09-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider36
i have a story about my friend. lets see, about 2 years ago my friend was searching the muskeg flowage for coins, old stuff, whatever, and in the water he found a rock a little smaller than a soccer ball. it was perfectly round and was smooth. well, hes into old things(thats why he was there) and so he looked into what it was. he found it was a "magic" ball that one of the indian tribes(dont remember which)carried so that if they were ill or sick, they would roll the ball up eachothers back to cure them. once he found this out, he called professionals on this and found out its the second largest found in the US, and in the most unusual place, away from any other found in the country. he was offered $10,000 for it. well he never sold it cause he knows he can get more than that.
SO ANYWAYS, from the day he got that ball, he has had the worst luck a person could have. first his dad dies, then he gets in a terrible car crash. then his grandma dies, his brother went to jail, then he looses his house. theres littler things that would happen everyday, but i dont remember being it was over 2 years ago, i just remember gettting really freaked out. he would tell me something everyday in school. i told him to get rid of it, he said he wasnt sure what to do anymore. well he hasnt said a word about it since. he had to move to a different state so i havent been able to talk to him much. still freaks the heck out of me

he should have taken the 10k.

prepracing
09-05-2005, 04:51 AM
back woods pot farmers and mobile meth lab meth heads, they seem to be unhappy when a group of riders get to close for their comfort :devil:

09-05-2005, 10:41 AM
lmao!

the scaryist thing in my state is hilary clinton!!! she is one crazy A55 B1T(H lol

or my aunt silvia, she is demon pasesd.

she tryed to beet up my dad cuz he said hi in too deep of a voice... WTF!

Butters
02-21-2006, 03:01 PM
just fer chits and giggles i'm bringing back one of my favorite threads i started.

o4250
02-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Wasnt there another thread similiar to this? I remeber the person started it because he talked to a friend about bigfoot. Anyone have a link?

Butters
02-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by o4250
Wasnt there another thread similiar to this? I remeber the person started it because he talked to a friend about bigfoot. Anyone have a link?

i think i started this one before, but i may be wrong. this was just for everything scary......

02-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
but there was a girl that would see me wake up and sit up....and she always stood by my bedroom door....she would come over and walk me through them to the doorway so I could go to the bathroom across the hall.....then when I was done...she'd walk me back to my bed, and I'd pull the covers up over my head and go

so she went with u to the bathroom???

PIMP AT AGE FO!!!

400grl
02-22-2006, 09:19 AM
no...lol....she just hung out outside my door to my bedroom till I got back.......this story kind of wierds out my kids, btw - I told them about it a while ago.....lol

honduh440
02-22-2006, 10:10 AM
its uneral to see what the human brain can do

hessianmx111
02-22-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by o4250
That would be me who made that thread, thanks for reminding me of it. I just went through and read it and it still intrigues me. I hadn't even thought about bigfoot for the longest time and now I think I'm going to do a research paper on it for school. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=132728&highlight=bigfoot+and+other

coolex
02-22-2006, 06:31 PM
my great aunt gave my nana a chain and she had it for six years and one day it broke later that night her brother called and said that she died its kind of wierd she gave he the chain then when she died it broke after six years without it breaking at all

miller821
02-22-2006, 07:40 PM
thats uhhhh well. I'm speechless. I'm glad demons cant come into churches in real life.

Man i agree, i'm glad i'm a believer in Chirst cause without him right now i would seriously be freaked.

Butters
02-22-2006, 10:04 PM
this thread rocks.

Toadz400
10-14-2007, 11:50 AM
I figured it's getting close to Halloween time so anybody got anything to add to this?

(Yes, I know it's an old thread but it was a good old thread)

WhiteZrider
10-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Hmm..Well in my house I have to walk down this hall to get to my room..And on the right is a bathroom..Every single time I walk past it at night, I swear someone is standing there and I see a faint face.

Also, I also see like figures in my hall to..Ill think I see like a person walking or like a pet..its pretty scary.

450Rchaser
10-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Got the bell witch cave in TN. I work w/ a guy that lives close to it. He says if you take a rock from the cave bad stuff happens until you take it back.

Not sure where in TN but there is a tree on a curve where a car wreck happened and there's a face print in the tree.

Nac's22
10-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZrider
Also, I also see like figures in my hall to..Ill think I see like a person walking or like a pet..its pretty scary.

I havent seen them in years but i used to see them in my house all the time from 8-12 or so.

My town has an old mental hospital, Letchworth Village, lots of messed up things happen there.... i couldnt even start to tell stories from there

We also got what we call the lady on the lake. In like the 50's a girl got hit and killed next to this lake on the side of the road on her wedding day. now if you are down in the woods some nights you can see her walking across the top of the lake.

another one that alot of people know around here is the man with the lantern. kinda like the spooklight hill thing but a little different. cant find much info on it but pretty much a guy dressed like he is from the 1800's walks through the woods at night between 12-2 am.

there are some more, my town is pretty messed up like that. we have a battle feild that some night you can hear cannons and things going off sometimes. lots of paranormal type things go on in my town. way too much to type.

troyleepred719
10-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by TRR440EX
I havent seen them in years but i used to see them in my house all the time from 8-12 or so.

My town has an old mental hospital, Letchworth Village, lots of messed up things happen there.... i couldnt even start to tell stories from there

We also got what we call the lady on the lake. In like the 50's a girl got hit and killed next to this lake on the side of the road on her wedding day. now if you are down in the woods some nights you can see her walking across the top of the lake.

another one that alot of people know around here is the man with the lantern. kinda like the spooklight hill thing but a little different. cant find much info on it but pretty much a guy dressed like he is from the 1800's walks through the woods at night between 12-2 am.

there are some more, my town is pretty messed up like that. we have a battle feild that some night you can hear cannons and things going off sometimes. lots of paranormal type things go on in my town. way too much to type.

besides the house i live in, we have Beardsley Castle, Oriskany Battle Field, and many Hotels, and High SChools around... if you like this stuff, check out Beardsley Castles website...

elmer91
10-15-2007, 09:19 AM
this thread is awesome. i got one, not all that scary, but just weird.

My grandparents have a farm, and my cousins always go there. one night when my cousin up there, he woke up and saw an indian ghost. he has seen him a few times, and there is an old trailer that sometimes people have seen him in. and when my grandparents go on trips, they will come back, and the thermostat is turned down to a real cold temp., and somethings are out of place.

another....
my mom went white water rafting over in west virginia. the place that they stayed at was haunted. a kid was killed in the basement by his dad, and later the dad(could of been an uncle, i dont remember exactly) died in the house. the people who run the place told everyone that if you are missing anything, to go check the basement where the kid died. he would take things and hide them. and the dad would also go around visiting people. my aunt, who was with my mom on the trip, thought she felt the dad get in the bed with her.

3exrider23
10-15-2007, 12:46 PM
we got this thing called the atco ghost in atco new jersey. honestly ive neevr done it but ive heard from alotttt of people that its true. supposely the story is some boy was playing with a ball by his house when it rolled to the street and he ran to chase it when then he was hit by a speeding car. now if you go there and flash your lights and some other stuff your supposed to be able to see him walk across. i also heard that the kids like older brother was getting sick of people coming to his house for this and would hide in the woods with a old truck with all the lights turned off. as soon as he would see you do it he'd try and ram your car. not really sure how true that part is but i wanna try it some day

cantthinkofname
10-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Scariest thing here is my friends dog cuddles it was born on halloween and is pure evil scares me every time i go to his house

Toadz400
10-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 3exrider23
we got this thing called the atco ghost in atco new jersey. honestly ive neevr done it but ive heard from alotttt of people that its true.

http://theatcoghost.com/

I looked it up and it says there's no record of a child being hit by a car in that area. Some interesting stories on that site including the one of the Jersey Devil.

Come on people, there's got to be more stories out there.

Which 450?
10-15-2007, 03:36 PM
http://www.forgottenphotography.com/Henryton/index.html

Ive been there before... My buddy records bands professionally, he brought a few battery powered recorders and set them up in the cafeteria. They sat there for about 2 hrs. Once we finally got them home, he downloaded the stuff that was on there... about 5 minutes after we leave, this background noise starts that sounds like silverware scraping glass plates. At one point you hear someone say "please help me to go home" then at another point you hear 2 people talking "are you _______?" (cant make it out) then the other says "no, im waiting to be picked up" Also, about 5 minutes before we get back, the background noise goes away.

there are probably 25 buildings, all have tunnels leading to each other, and each building has a morgue,

10-15-2007, 05:44 PM
I don’t know any legends but I seen scary stuff or I think I did. Once when I was 16 I was at a friend’s house and he just lives down the road from me. Well their was a dude at his house and we tied his truck doors shut from the inside and then put some jell stuff under the door handle. Well it was 1am so I was going to go home. I start to walk down the road back home and their wasn’t much of a moon out so it was really dark. And I saw some one standing in the middle of the road like he was waiting for me. I thought it was the person whose truck we did stuff to. I thought he was going to be mad. I keep walking and said yo. He just stood their and I got closer and kept my eyes on him and he didn’t move just stood their and I got about long side him and he still said nothing and I kept walking and got past him and was looking back and he still just stood their. At that point that scarred the crap out of me because then I knew it wasn’t him so I took off running and it just stood their. It wasn’t him that’s for sure. It was shaped like a person close to 6ft tall. Then about a month after that me and some friends where going to toilet paper a house. Well we get to a dark drive way and some one is standing on the side of the drive way so we take off and then finally get the balls to go back and look. Its still their then so we run again. Well we started thinking maybe its a scare crow so we walk back thinking where stupid and when we get back to that drive way their was nothing their. We haven’t walked on that road at dark since that.

Also another thing not scary but creepy is that theirs this old trailer house. Well no one has been their for 13 years. No one knows who lived their or ware they went they just all of a sudden disappeared 13 years ago. Well me and 2 friends where wondering what was in their. We get up to the door. It’s kicked in ware so we think some one already broke into this house. We go in and every thing is pretty well clean. Theirs booze bottles sitting out and cups like their was a party b4 they left. We look around and they had over 70 bottles of booze and 5 and 1/2 cases of beer. They must have robbed a liquor store. Well where looking around and find a big tool box full of ammo and hand guns and one good size knife. Where looking around and then find blood stains all over once of the pillows. Looked some more and theirs blood on the blankets. Next room blood to. Then next room which is the biggest bed room their was no blood on the bed that we could see but then right in front of a dresser their was a huge circle blood stain. We feel freaked out and left. Something bad happened in that house. From how it looks it looks like they where parting and then some one busted in and killed them. The house wasn’t messed up so I don’t think it was robbed I think some one busted in killed them and left. No one knows any thing about the inside or what happend but me and my friends and the people that did it. We found pic's and their all mexicans.
:eek2:

Which 450?
10-15-2007, 06:27 PM
dude if you find something like that u really need to call the cops....

10-15-2007, 07:15 PM
This happened like last week. A couple months ago my grandfather passed away, well my one uncle gets a call on his cell from "dad"( my grandfather). So that freaked him out and he called everyone. So my other uncle is like no ****t, because he just got this new dog, and it was wagging its tail and acting like someone was near it, right next to my grandfathers old stuff, where his cell phone was.

416exfreak
10-15-2007, 07:30 PM
This is'nt really scary.

About 2 years ago (a little over), I got in a bad car wreck. Hit a tree doing about 75, no seatbelt. Anyhow, I went through the windsheild, shattered my femur, concusion from the ground. Cracked collar bone and twisted my spine.

I was in the hospital for a couple weeks and my aunt had died maybe...2 months before all fo this happened. Me and her were really close. She was like my 60 year old sister.

Anyhow, the night that I woke up (9 or 10 days after the wreck), I open my eyes, and she's standing at the foot of my bed, crying.
My mom was sitting in the chair next to the bed, asleep. I just looked at my aunt for a minute, wondered if I was dead...and she looked at me, smiled and told me everything was going to be ok. She told me she would see me again after a long while and vanished into thin air.

I wasnt scared, but it comforted me to know that she is still watching out for me.:)

Toadz400
10-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
This is'nt really scary.

About 2 years ago (a little over), I got in a bad car wreck. Hit a tree doing about 75, no seatbelt. Anyhow, I went through the windsheild, shattered my femur, concusion from the ground. Cracked collar bone and twisted my spine.

I was in the hospital for a couple weeks and my aunt had died maybe...2 months before all fo this happened. Me and her were really close. She was like my 60 year old sister.

Anyhow, the night that I woke up (9 or 10 days after the wreck), I open my eyes, and she's standing at the foot of my bed, crying.
My mom was sitting in the chair next to the bed, asleep. I just looked at my aunt for a minute, wondered if I was dead...and she looked at me, smiled and told me everything was going to be ok. She told me she would see me again after a long while and vanished into thin air.

I wasnt scared, but it comforted me to know that she is still watching out for me.:)

Well now that you know you won't die for a long time go out and have some real fun!! Try cliff jumping or sky diving with no parachute.:D

rYan01400EX
10-15-2007, 09:25 PM
One time, me and a buddy of mine were outside of his house lighting leftover fireworks. When we ran out, we started talking about other things and we were standing in his driveway. We were just pitching rocks in the woods for the heck of it. We turned to the side and aimed at this little owl figurine his mom had on a log and made a bet on who could hit it first. It was about 75 yards out. Well, we threw the rocks and some girl screamed and threw the rock back. It landed right at my feet.

Also, the same buddy and I were at his house at about 1:50 in the morning. He said what would you do if all the electricity went out at 2:00 and we both died? I was like Well, we'd be dead, so obviously nothing. Anyways, at 1:59, lightning struck the telephone post out side and caused the transformer to explode. That was messed up.

One time, we were watchin' television and the glare from the lights outside had red eyes in it.

These are all true and I'll lay my hand on whatever ya got. It's nuts at his house.

xc_racer1
10-16-2007, 12:46 AM
like a mile back into my one buddies woods theres this abbandoned house. its half caved in and has like old cars and junk everywhere around it. there are no roads or anything around it. we were just walking through the woods hunting and we found it. when we got up to it we didnt know whether to go in it or just keep walkin. well we decided to go in and there was like three animals completely mangled. not eaten just mangled. so we started walkin away and a huge *** bird flew out at us. we both shot at it. lol. but weve been goin back to that house with freinds and stuff and everytime we go back there is a new car and a bunch more animals. its messed up.

another spot is at that same friends house. like a mile away from that house is an old well. there is nothing in site. we oppened it and dropped a stick down it and never heard it hit. it was like something from the ring.
messed up

firefighterjosh
10-16-2007, 01:50 AM
I need a career in breaking myths!

All these sound fun to try

TWILES
10-16-2007, 11:16 AM
I just watch "Ghost Hunters" on SiFi every week. Thats close enough for me.

10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Me and my friend where on bikes going down the road going to TP a house at 11:00pm. Then 2 cars where coming from both ways so we stopped by the side of the road because it could be drunk drivers coming at that time. The cars pass and then we here a loud noise for a sec like a air compresser. We listen and here it again. Then it does it again and we realize theirs a cooger or somthing in the ditch right next to us hissing at us so we take off that was a freaky thing. Maybe it was a monster :eek2: :devil:

insaneracin2003
10-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by bajaracer21
Me and my friend where on bikes going down the road going to TP a house at 11:00pm. Then 2 cars where coming from both ways so we stopped by the side of the road because it could be drunk drivers coming at that time. The cars pass and then we here a loud noise for a sec like a air compresser. We listen and here it again. Then it does it again and we realize theirs a cooger or somthing in the ditch right next to us hissing at us so we take off that was a freaky thing. Maybe it was a monster :eek2: :devil:
hhmmm,sounds to me it was a sasquatch air up his 4 wheeler tires.....
this thread gives me the heebie-jeebies......I love it!!!

hartnett18
10-21-2007, 01:15 PM
not that scary but at this ranch me and my dad hunt at in muenster,Texas. on the land there is a white rock on the side of a wooded cliff about the size of a small car and it has a huge W painted in blue on the front facing the roads that wind beneath the cliff. And me and my dad always wondered why the heck is there a W painted on a random rock thats about 300 ft up a cliff. so we were at the local dairy queen one day and asked a guy if he new the story about the rock. He said about 15 years ago a teenager named Wilard stole a bunch of police radio equipment from his school and people were after him and i guess he was scared so he hiked to the rock and stood on top and killed himself. kinda freaky and his friends painted the w on it and every year they go to it and tally how many years hes been dead. but it scares the chit outa me now wen we are in a deer blind at 5:00 am in the morning pitch black. i always seem to think of the most freaky chit.

Also when i was younger me and my friend were always looking for stuff to do and one day we were riding our bikes and came across an abandoned house. i was scared but we went in and it looked like the family just left bc everything was still like toys, pictures, furniture. but the house was proboly built in the 1900's and we never saw ghost or anything freaky it was just creepy looking around at other peoples things. about five years later the local fire department burned it down

10-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Ghosts or what ever are supposed to be able to contact you in your sleep. Well....

I had the same dream for about 2 months. The dream was I would wake up and the lights won’t turn on in the house. I keep flipping them but they won’t turn on. Then shortly after I would here the freakiest noise ever come from it and the noise always happen like right behind my or right in front of me!!! And allot of times would see it and it was so scary!:eek2: Well it always tried to get me in the bath room or it would try to get me to go into this one room in the basement. Well I kept having that dream. One night that dream was starting and all of a sudden my great grandma Betty is just standing their and says "wake up and is just looking at me". Well I felt scarred and woke up. I didn’t know who that laity was I never new I had a great grandma Betty. I found out that it was my grandma Betty when I went to my grandma’s house and then saw a pic of her and I was like omg who’s that cuz she was in my dream saying to wake up. So that freaked me out seemed like she was trying to protect me from the scary thing. :ermm: Well I kept having that dream. When I would have it I would go into sleep paralysis so I could not move my real body or wake up. I remember one time in my dream I started walking down the stairs and in my head I knew it was going to be down their cuz I kept having the dream. So I tried to wake up because I did not want to see it and I was like awake had my eyes open trying to sit up but it was like something was pushing or pulling me back down and I couldn’t keep my eyes open I even said "no a few times" while I was trying to sit up because it was like I was really fighting some one stronger than me I couldn’t hold my self up:eek2: :huh And that happened for a good 2 months. I started to turn from scarred to thet up and mad about it. Finally when I had that dream again I finally started yelling at it totally mad and being not scarred at it just wanting to fight that thing because I was so mad about it. After that never had that dream again and never had sleep paralysis again:)

I looked it up and it is supposed to be a hag demon. Not sure if I can believe it or not but the main thing that gets me is how my grandma betty who I never new about was in my dream and how I kept having the dream over and over and then I finally show imp not scarred no more and its just gone for ever after that.

Then mmm say 5 months after that I’m watching TV in my room. I shut it off to go to sleep. I move around and here a growl like a dog. :eek2: I’m thinking wtf and im a lil bit like demon thinking? Then I just tell my self it was just my blankets that made that sound and my imagination. 1 min later I see a black thing dark as a shadow and flat as a shadow tight against the wall. It was darting back in forth from corner to corner then after about 30 secs it was gone. Freaked me out so I sat up and turned my TV on.

And once I was sleeping and and heard something going back in forth up the hall way and into the living room. Freaked me out then all of a sudden I here heavy breathing in my room. That was scary but I think it might have maybe been my brother sleep walking but idk I didn’t want to look and see a ghost looking me in the face lol. :devil:

I moved out of that house and nothing odd has happened since then. But in that house "every one" feels like something is going to grab them when their going up the stairs from the basement :eek2:

Another scary thing that im not sure if happened or if it was all my imagination. I was lying on my bed watching TV with my door shut. Well I can tell when some one is trying t sneak up on me or is coming in a room quiet because I can here a change in the sound waves right away. Well I’m laying on my bed and here a change in sound waves or at least I thought I did. I listen and then here the sound waves changing more like its walking my way and thought I could see it. To me I couldn’t really see much but in a way looked like gas fumes but not close to as blurry. It started coming my way and it gets close and starts saying under its breath "I love you" very quiet a few times. It got close and I jumped up out of bed shaking and then it was gone. I was very scared at that point shaking and my hart was racing. After that I was just freaked laid back down on my bed. I started thinking and it popped in my head that what if that was my sister and she just died. I didn't know what to think. I am not sure if that was my imagination going out of control that time or not but I never wanted to have a thing like that happen again!

Im trying to think if their was any other odd things that happened to me. If I can think of more Ill post em up

Toadz400
10-21-2007, 04:13 PM
I moved out of that house and nothing odd has happened since then. But in that house "every one" feels like something is going to grab them when their going up the stairs from the basement :eek2:

I would seriously try and find out some information on that house. I'm willing to bet that something happened there.

10-21-2007, 09:39 PM
O and a nother thing is one time when having one of them dreams I snapped out of it with my hand up in the air and my hand was really cold. :eek2:

400exrider36
10-21-2007, 10:02 PM
just out of curiosity where do u live? or what state anyway

10-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider36
just out of curiosity where do u live? or what state anyway

WI.

After the hand thing I always slept with my hands under the blankets now.

Heres a thing. At about 4:30 it reminds me allot of the spooky thing that was in my dreams.

:eek2:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/deoJUBW9CI8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/deoJUBW9CI8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

lil_watz_ex
10-22-2007, 09:39 AM
OK I have a story that creeped me out and I decided I will share. I was working at a wilderness church camp one year and we (my buddy and I) decided we would take some of the kids on a night hike up heart attack hill to check out the view at night then bring them back down. My buddy was leading the way because he knew the area really well and I was in the back. We had taken 12 kids with us and we make the treck up the hill just fine. When we get to the top we chill out for a while and then decide to come back down. On the way down we take a different path and stop about half way down to warn the kids not to make any noise because we would come out by this old man's house. Finally we get to what we thought was the house and my buddy realizes we aren't in the right place. So I have all the kids stay with me and he sneaks ahead to see where we are, being careful not to let the kids know what is going on and being quiet incase we are by the man's house. Finally he comes back and tells me we are at camp. So we take the kids and they head off to their tents and we stay back and talk, wondering how in thw world we ended up there. We finally concluded we took a wrong path and left it at that. Well after talking one of the kids came up to me and told me he lost his Bible and sweatshirt on the hike and wanted to go and get it. Well considering it was around 1 am I told him the next morning before breakfast I would go and get it. I made me way to the top of the hill and found nothing, concluding the kid was crazy and didnt take it in the first place. I thought nothing more about it. Well later that day we headed off the what we called chapel in the pines and went back up that hill and cut through the woods about half way up. What we forgot to do was tell the nurse where we were going. So she and one of the kids she was tending too took off about 15 minutes after us not knowing where we were going. She went to the top of the hill where we were the previous night and found nothing. Then she headed down the hill towards the man's house (the way we wanted to go the night before) and stumbled across the Bible and sweatshirt. So she picked them up and finally found us later that day. She told us she found a sweatshirt and Bible and explained where and we both flipped out. I dont know how we ended up back at camp, but for some reason we were not supposed to go the way we intended and I believe God was looking after us that night. Pretty creepy to still think about.

Toadz400
10-22-2007, 11:43 AM
WI.

Where in WI do you live??

The house I was raised in up north (about 20 miles outside of Ashland in BFE) was haunted. I never experienced anything TOO crazy but my brother and sister did...I just got the chills writing that.

Shift_450R
10-22-2007, 08:56 PM
well me and a few guys went out to a supposed haunted house today to go drinking, and when we got there we cracked the bottles open and we heard an owl so we didnt really think anything of it and then we heard some weird *** scream like 10 times. It was messed up. Ive been out in the wild for a long time and ive never heard anything like that in my life. We're gonna go back (sober) and try and get some videos of this "thing" screaming. It freaked the hell out of us. My mom and dad told me when they were dating they went there and all of a sudden their vehicle quit and it was acting like the battery was dead. so they left it and got a ride from someone else to get booster cables and when they came back it fired right up.

CaptainCanuck
10-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Come on, dont bull**** us.

Shift_450R
10-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by CaptainCanuck
Come on, dont bull**** us.

whatever man, ask janz. its was ****ed

10-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Where in WI do you live??

The house I was raised in up north (about 20 miles outside of Ashland in BFE) was haunted. I never experienced anything TOO crazy but my brother and sister did...I just got the chills writing that.

By green bay.

Toadz400
10-22-2007, 11:47 PM
I decided I'd share my "ghost" story. I'm still a skeptic of ghosts and I'm not 100% sure they are real or unreal. I have had no real ghost encounters so I guess until I do I will never be a true believer.

I was born in Ashland, WI which some people may know is in northern WI on the shores of Lake Superior. If you ever get the chance, you should head up to that area during the fall as it's just absolutely beautiful.
Anyway, my family and I lived in a house far away from a nearby town and was deep in the woods. You can easily get lost just walking out into the woods. We ended up moving just before I was 5 so this all happened when I was very young but I still remember it like it was yesterday. My brother, sister, and I had a playroom that was in the back of the basement. I can still describe in full detail what the basement looked like to my parents which is amazing because of my young age. The doors were french glass doors which just had an odd creepy look to them. The room was rectangular in shape and probably about 10'x20'. Whenever I was in that room I always had the most strange feeling that someone was there watching me. The farther back in the room I would get the stronger the feeling would get and there was an area that I could pinpoint exactly where this "feeling" was coming from. I'm not sure if I was ever scared but I could definitely tell that I was never, ever alone. I never once saw anything though. My brother and sister weren't as lucky as I was though. They had decided to sleep on the kitchen floor in sleeping bags (don't ask me why) as my sister's room was actually part of the dining room (house wasn't exactly big enough for the family). In the middle of the night while they were sleeping they both suddenly woke up. Standing in the middle of the kitchen was a man in a full train engineer outfit like you would see on the old trains (gray suit with stripes). In his pocket was one of those classic gold stopwatches. As they saw him he then walked through the wall. My brother and sister told my parents about it and it turns out the house was my father's great uncle's house. He lived and died in it. I found out years later that his bedroom was in the basement with the French doors. His bed where he died was in the back of the room where I felt the most concentrated form of that "energy". I will never forget that and it sends chills down my back just thinking about it and typing it.

My mom also encountered a spirit in that house, however it was not friendly. I can't remember exactly what it was doing (I'll have to ask her again) but I believe it was pounding on the walls and slamming the doors or making a lot of noise. She was in the living room when this was happening and she was so terrified that she was frozen in place. She couldn't even move to make sure us kids were okay. All she could do was scream "leave us alone!!" and it all stopped. She never had any problems after that but I can say I'd never want to stay in that house again.

I also had reoccurring nightmares about a black wolf when we lived there. It started one day when I had woken up before everybody else. For some reason I had wanted to go outside so I got dressed and opened up the front door. As I stepped outside I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. Not even 15 feet away at the corner of the house was a huge black wolf. I've never been more scared in my life and it scares me now even to think about it. It just stared at me with solid black eyes not making a sound. I slowly stepped back into the house and locked the door. To this day I'm not sure if that black wolf was the angry spirit that my mother encountered because no one else had ever seen a wolf like that around before.

Amazingly I have the worst memory anybody could have and these things I can remember all too well.

I'm going to talk to my parents and brother and sister and see if they have any more stories of what happened in that house.

CaptainCanuck
10-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Shift_450R
whatever man, ask janz. its was ****ed
Janz doesn't know his ********* from a hole in the ground.

shftmx300ex
11-22-2007, 12:06 PM
There is a road in Mass called Tower Hill Road, its the windiest backroad ive ever been on. But if you go there at night and stop at the top of a certain hill, turn off ur car and flash ur highbeams 3 times, your car will not start again. My friend did it and it accually worked. We were freaked out, we opened the hood and his starter cable mysteriously came loose...its creepy sh*t.

redlineranger
11-22-2007, 07:35 PM
nothin really that scarey here in alabama, i just factories and farmlands.. and a few bad*ss motocross tracks. but anyways if your scared of haunted houses, Atrox Factory is up by Birmingham, its supposedly top three in the nation with those type deals.. those places dont scare me, but they deffinately get some people

redlineranger
11-22-2007, 07:35 PM
nothin really that scarey here in alabama, i just factories and farmlands.. and a few bad*ss motocross tracks. but anyways if your scared of haunted houses, Atrox Factory is up by Birmingham, its supposedly top three in the nation with those type deals.. those places dont scare me, but they deffinately get some people

culichi
11-22-2007, 09:41 PM
hahahahah nice stories but were i live the ghost stories are about the weeping woman, that she was born where i live. but the real scary stories is that drug dealling kills almost 5 people a DAY! so if you ever come to Culiacan, Sinaloa you can read the newspaper and theres actually a full section about that everyday.

Culiacan was actually said on the movie Collateral. because culiacan is actually producing so much drugs they used it to get in a bar full of drug dealers. here they plant so much drug because in the vietnam war the americans searched a place were they could plant mariguana, and culiacan is a really productive agricultural place , so they picked here, and they tought the people here how to plant it and they exported it over to vietnam and gave it to the wounded soldiers, but not only mariguana but the flower of the "amapola" that produces morfin.

so there you go :p

KXRida
11-23-2007, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by redroost85
The scariest thing in our state (PA) is Gov. Rendell.

Our (I'll use that term loosely) state government has their hands in almost everything to get money. They control the liquor, lottery, the emissions testing,..this just to name a few. And now they will control gambling as well within the next year.:eek2:

This is no myth, urban legend, anything...it's very real and very scary....we pay through the teeth here for everything and get pretty much chit to show for it....this part is VERY scary!:cuss:

WORD!!!!

m.h.s.c.#527
11-24-2007, 01:13 AM
im gunna be honest we have quite afew democrats here

Bigun55
11-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Scariest thing around were i live is the hookers at the booneville court house.... One of them only has one eye:eek:

11-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Im one of the scariest things in my state :devil:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/blue450yo/me/MVC-032S.jpg