PDA

View Full Version : Rock Run Atv Park (PA's New H.m. like trails)

Tommy 17
07-21-2004, 02:17 PM
well i was invited on the 1st ride there today... i just got home actually... i've rode bear waller and water ways at h.m. and i can honestly say without a doubt this place actually will make them look bad... there was sooooo much more room and areas to make trails... we didn't even get to see half of the place...

the trails ranged from tight 1st and 2nd gear trails with big mud holes to 5th gear tapped wide 6 quad wide roads that go for 2 or 3 miles straight!!!! the ultimate drag racing place...

they are goin to make a lot more trails then what was already there and i can def tell this place has potential to be one of if not the best atv parks ever... its 6,000 acres big with 4,800 open to quads and 1,200 to horses bikes and walking... there is def enouf trails that i don't think u could see them all in one day once they get them all made...

the nice thing was is that u rode awesome trails and then u would come to a big boney dump (coal piles) and there was unlimited hills and jumps to be found... also since this place was formally a strip mine there was alot of high grass hills that i'm sure will turn into some AWESOME hill climbs, huge bowl turns, and anything else i can't even imagine... this place has everything... it wasn't rocky either in most places... trails were smooth and not the beat u up type... and the dirt was a very good mix of clay and boney and reg dirt... it was not very muddy either... awesome for traction (my new kenda klaws hooked up great on it)

also there is a ton of nice historic things to see... we found a clay mine into the side of the hill... a HUGE crane i will attach a picture of... it was crazy and once the place is open to the public everyone should check it out...

i know alot of people have been wanting to know about this place since it was announced this year that it was goin to be built so i figured i'd make a post... they didn't say when it would be open to the public but i imagine soon... so everyone on the east coast we now have another trail like h.m. if not better!!!

the best thing its only 15 mins form my house... and anytime anyone wants to go let me know... i'll be there:macho

trick450r
07-21-2004, 02:20 PM
sounds awsome what state is this in again?

sportraxrider10
07-21-2004, 02:23 PM
i don't know if i missed it, but where exactly is this at...i wanna see how far it is away from my house

Tommy 17
07-21-2004, 02:26 PM
opps sry guys i forgot where its located...

about 3 miles north of patton pennsylvania in the small town of st lawrence...

its in the upper part of cambria county and the lower part of clearfield county...

sportraxrider10
07-21-2004, 02:30 PM
nice only 2 1/2 hours away, i might have to make a trip one day

zephead400ex
07-21-2004, 02:30 PM
...Kansas doesn't have anything like that....:grr:

XANDADA
07-21-2004, 02:40 PM
do you have a website or address for this place? I go riding in PA a lot and may want to check this place out, thanks...

Tommy 17
07-21-2004, 02:40 PM
i just can't wait till they open it sporttrax....

when they do open it we will have a huge ride there... it was just nice compared to h.m. bc there was places that were really opena nd not just trees and cliffs everywhere... there was alot of fields u could play around and ride wheels in for 150+ ft...

i was just riding around real slow looking around... i was amazed at how many lil kool things i found to do... there was hills and trails that can be made and jumps and flat tracks and all kinda fun kool stuff... i honestly think this place will be awesome when done...

Tommy 17
07-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by XANDADA
do you have a website or address for this place? I go riding in PA a lot and may want to check this place out, thanks...

no website that i now of...

adress would be patton pa to give u a general idea of its location... its just north of it...

heres some general times for travel...

ohio boarder on rt 80 is 3 hours from my house...

pittsburgh is 2 1/2 hours

harrisburgh is 3 hours

maryland 2 hours

bansheerider_13
07-21-2004, 08:35 PM
about 15 min from my house :D

250x#93
07-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Oh man I'm getttin the x back 2gether in the next 2-3 weeks.....Oh man i haven't rode in like 6 months ahhahhaha i dunno how i did it but i'm about dying for a ride right now so once i get her back and we get reaquainted i will come and ride hahahah. Well thats bout it for me right now gotta get workin on puttin the darn thing back 2gether lol :devil: :D :cool:

Tommy 17
07-21-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by bansheerider_13
about 15 min from my house :D

it is exactly half way between me and houtzdale haha

brandon ur ALIVE!!!! haha

kwatts400
07-21-2004, 09:50 PM
When is it supposed to open to the public?

MOFO
07-22-2004, 04:36 AM
alright Tommy.... send some info my way. Its about damn time we get a riding area this side of the state!

when you get more info, let me know.

redroost85
07-22-2004, 08:32 AM
I live real close to the Ohio border and 80 is close by....3 hours ain't nothing, lol!;)

Would love to hear more info Tommy when you get it....'bout time we get some public places to ride here in PA!:cool:

Tommy 17
07-22-2004, 09:50 AM
i just got some more info on the place heres what i hear... i dunno what is 100% accurate and what isn't but here goes...

35$ for PA people for a year pass (thank god its cheap)

they are goin to have over 150 miles of trails

as time goes they are goin to buy the rest of the property and expand it alot more... like thousand of acres

they are planning 6 more parks similar in size around the state!

now the bad news... they will hold poker runs and other rides for the next year... but for the public to go in everyday and ride on their own won't be until late 2005 or early 2006!!!!!

they said they have to get another grant from the state to pay for building trials... i hope this isn't true what i hear but u never know...

the guy i got this info from is best friends with the state rep who got this park open... they go golfing together like once a week so i'm sure he got this info straigth from gary and its probably true...

250x#93
07-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Hey ya i'm alive lol man i havn't been here forever, i've been 2 damn busy its nutz lol but ah oh ya i was gonna say i watched the 11 clock news last night before bed and on channel 6 i think it wuz they talked bout this rock run park and showed ppl ridin on it yesterday it looked cool lol ah i looked for ya tommy but i only saw ppl on utilities so oh well but hey i thought that was cool since u just said bout it and all.... thats bout it:devil: :macho