PDA

View Full Version : Beginnner or Intermediate???

Axis400exRider
07-21-2004, 12:45 PM
I ordered up my suspension its axis dual rate fully adjustable and when they asked me like my level i said beginner. What do they do differently to the shock if you say beginner verses saying intermediate or pro???

cdalejef
07-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Generally it will be setup softer

Axis400exRider
07-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Would i have to get different springs in it to raise it to intermediate or get it revalved or something.

TC426EX
07-21-2004, 01:04 PM
They will be valved softer for a beginner. As you progress up they just valve them stiffer for a faster rider. My Pep's were valved for "B" level MX when I ordered them and I just had them revalved for a 10 lb. heavier "A" rider this time. They are valved stiffer for an A rider as opposed to B. Dont tell a shock builder you are a better rider than you really are otherwise you wont be happy with the performance of your shocks. I personally would have gotten them set up for intermediate so you can use them for longer and grow into them but they will still perform great they way you are getting them if you really are a beginner...

cdalejef
07-21-2004, 01:05 PM
A revalve to go up one level, if you get really fast then it will require both.

daimon1054
07-21-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Dont tell a shock builder you are a better rider than you really are otherwise you wont be happy with the performance of your shocks.

I will say this is the biggest mistake that people make, for some reason people do not want to be honest about their riding level when ordering shocks. I think you did good by being honest. When you get used to the shocks keep notes, anything you think it does wrong or could do better. Then give all the info you can to your shop when you revalve next time.