PDA

View Full Version : Time for a rebuild...

cody anderson
07-21-2004, 08:16 AM
Anybody have a video on how to?

Do you guys replace the valves when you rebuild it?

tcyfz#3
07-21-2004, 08:55 AM
be more specific.....motor/bike??????

cody anderson
07-21-2004, 08:57 AM
I thought it was self explanitory... We're in the yfz section.

Shawn H
07-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Your supposed to be in koohotz with Daryl Rath right?

You shouldnt need no how to video lol:p

cody anderson
07-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by snowgasm
Your supposed to be in koohotz with Daryl Rath right?

You shouldnt need no how to video lol:p

Ha ha, yeah I race/work/hang out with Daryl. He really dosen't do too much engine work though. We usually just send it out..

quadrcr87
07-23-2004, 12:04 AM
you send it out? I thought he was the one developing the polaris engine and has redesigned the engine sizes. He didnt do that himself

syckNtwisted121
07-28-2004, 11:55 AM
OK Cody so much for getting any help huh !?!?!?:confused: Everyone seems more concerned with why rather racing doesnt do it, rather than "yes I do this"

Personally when I did my engine rebuild I didnt replace the valves only the springs, my father and I retimed them . I replace the top end, and every bearing I could afford, made sure everything was to torque specs and thats it.

I have rebuilt my R motors countless times, this was my first time doing a four stroke, and it wasnt difficult at all really, just buy a book on the motor, I actually used a book from a WR bike. Any questions e-mail me munsch121@yahoo.com

07-28-2004, 02:25 PM
If you need a rebuild it is time to sell it and buy a new one! Wait on you on your second or third already. you should be able to get 300+ hours out of it before you need a rebuild. Really more than likely all you will need is rings but go ahead and add compresion. check the valves and chack you cam chain. really shouldn't be anything else going wrong!

syckNtwisted121
07-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Key word in your whole reply is NEED. As a racer I rebuild the motor before I NEED it done, I normally do it when the race schedule, or an injury, allows. If someone waits until they NEED an engine overhaul, they have waited too long.

07-28-2004, 03:37 PM
OK he should have quit some time before he NEEDS to replace anything. He SHOULD be able to go about another year before there is a concern for preventive maintinace. As a racer I know I like to replace things before they need to be replaced. That is why with 300+ hours on my motor I am tearing it down now to check things out.

cody anderson
07-29-2004, 06:39 AM
I've had it for a year and a half... And rode almost everyday for about two hours... HARD!

07-29-2004, 08:11 AM
I am sorry i was thinking you sold that one and got another a while back. Check for skirt wear on the piston. make sure it has worn the cylinder.