PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Test

450rboy
07-20-2004, 07:49 PM
does anyone use Hi-Test in there 450rs is you do. tell me how it works because i am gonna be putting it in my gas. because thats what i did with my other 4 wheeler and it worked good.

and for those who don't no what the Hi-Test stuff is. it stuff you put in your gas to rase your octane level and it also says it gives you a little more horsepower and it stopping nocking and pinging. it help makes the engine run safer and cleans out the carb

WhiteZee
07-21-2004, 05:27 PM
never put any of the octane crap in your quad, it wont help anything. just run 93 oct ( or what ever is avialibe in your area).

07-21-2004, 06:06 PM
93 in a stock quad is usually more then enough

450rboy
07-21-2004, 10:06 PM
yea but this stuff helps out so much more. with like cleaning out your carb a lil. and raising the horsepower a little. and it helps it start easier. why can't i do it if it does as much as the 93 octane and it helps out i lil better in some spots

benwa450r
07-22-2004, 08:32 AM
I run 2 gallons 110 octane to 3 gallons 93 octane with stock piston. Don't know if it halps horsepower but it seems to run cooler and makes me feel better doing it.

CdaleXtreme
07-22-2004, 08:43 AM
The base ingredient in all octane boosters is a Kerosene type liquid. Read the back of an STP octane booster and it will say it uses somethign similar to jet fuel, which jetfuel is basically modified kerosene. Smell a bottle of octane booster it smells just like kero. The only one that smells different, that I have found is KLOTZ NITRO.

Also running a <u>small</u> percentage of Kerosene in your pump gas will help stop detonation, and help lubricate your top end. It basicaly stabilizes the fuel, and adds some lubrication properties.