PDA

View Full Version : crash

honda_racer_713
07-20-2004, 07:22 PM
well i did it......today i was over my friends house and i went off a jump and nosedived into the landing and flipped over a couple times and then after i get up i cant breathe and i fall back down........finally i get up and i look around and theres my quad sunk in the middle of the pond...... so after about three ours we get it runnin again needless to say i aint hittin that jump again:blah: :huh .... post ur crashin stories

honda_racer_713
07-20-2004, 07:48 PM
come on u guys cant tell me youve never crashed

416exmx
07-20-2004, 08:01 PM
i crashed once... it hurt.

Tantal
07-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
i crashed once... it hurt.

That looks nasty, details please.

416exmx
07-20-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Tantal
That looks nasty, details please.

endoed on a step-up and the quad landed on me... the force of the quad on my helmet caused the chin strap just to bust my chin open... you could see my jawbone... it took 120 stitches.

Cole Trane
07-20-2004, 08:13 PM
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Did it knock you out?

roostin_dale
07-20-2004, 08:16 PM
At the casey GNC nationals there was a double-double after the first turn. Only a couple kids in my class were doing it. I decided i would be another to nut-up and hit the damn thing. Came up short on the second one and the quad just flipped over and over on top of me. Quad ended up about 100ft away from the jump and I wasnt close to the quad when it was over with. I remember looking up during the crash and the chain was right infront of my eyes about 3 inches.

Injuries: about a 10 inch diameter gash in my back (still scars), bruised bone in my knee, 2 broke fingers, a few nice gashes in my arms, cuts on my throat, cut up my chin/lower face, bruised tail-bone etc. etc...

Quad: only some scratches, broken gas tank mounts of the frame, cracked exhaust, bent rotor...I was lucky, nothing major.

It happend in practice...after a few minutes, and i could see everything again, I got back on and finished practice. And both my races.

Not my worst crash but it is the easiest to explain..and something to get the thread started...

I have had a large amount of bones broken in wrecks:(

This wreck was pretty nasty though, a couple guys from the site saw it. If they see this post they can back me up...

416exmx
07-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider2002
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Did it knock you out?

right after it happened, i got up and started to get back on the quad and then i looked down and saw blood all over me... i took my helmet off and sat down, then people started running at me... they loaded me up in the ambulance and took me away... the worst thing that hurt was when they took a wash cloth and scrubed the dirt out of the gash...

Cole Trane
07-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Yeah, they gotta get that dirt outta there, or you might be looking like that "Half Off with Tobacco" dude!!!:eek: :eek:

roostin_dale
07-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
... the worst thing that hurt was when they took a wash cloth and scrubed the dirt out of the gash...

thats always the worst part!

WhiteZee
07-20-2004, 08:33 PM
well, two weeks ago was my first gncc race, " the penton " and everything was going good about 30 seconds into the race, and i hit some whoops. im not sure if everyone knows how horrible the rear shock on the 450r is, but i when fliping over the bars. i lost my 2 day old pro design tether switch cord, bent my right tie rod, bent a couple mounts for the front and rear plastic. my left knee cap hurt for about 3 days, and i still have a nasty bruise on my lower back about the size of my hand....... needless to say i was pissed.

TC426EX
07-20-2004, 09:24 PM
My dumbest crash and easiest to explain was when I first started racing, I went for a 70 foot double that had a steep landing. I was inexperienced at maneuvering in the air and just launched it out there. In the air I tried to be slick and use my rear brake to drop the front end to down slope the landing. Well.... My dumb *** didnt pull in the clutch and I stalled the bike in mid air, took a big nose dive, lost speed and bit it hard. I tried to save it and just pull the clutch in after to coast on the landing but my quad was near vertical at this point and I came down straight on the front end. I was thrown over the bars straight into the ground where I bounced and rolled while my quad tumbled on top of me.

Injuries:
severed 88% of my quad tendon that attaches to the knee cap, cracked kneecap, dislocated shoulder, scrapes, cuts, and 33 stitches in my chin. By the way, scrubbing the dirt out at the hospital IS the worst!!!

I got a new frame and front end for the quad (an old R), put it back to stock and sold it. Then I went and bought my 400ex and started all over :D

Scottie Mac
07-21-2004, 08:24 AM
I was at the local arena cross and was practicing with "twisted" from this group. I was trying to get him to jump this particular jump for like an hour. It got to the point where I would pass him before the jump so he could folow me over at the right speed. Well, this one time I went by and about 20 feet before the face of the jump my foot slipped of the peg and my boot went under the rear axle. This jump is about a 45 foot double and has a huge takeoff that throws you high. I "thought" I had room enough to hit both breaks and stop my momentum before I went over the jump, but it happened so fast that I didn't realize with my foot under the rear axle that I couldn't hit the rear brakes, duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I ended up going over the jump with my foot under the axle, on the front breaks. Needless to say, I nose dived HARD into the face of the landing. Pretty much straight down. I don't remember the landing, thankfully. The next thing I remember was friends and track workers lifting the quad off of my back (don't know how it got there) and asking me if I knew where I was and if I was hurt. After about a half hour to get my bearings straight and to check over the quad, I went back out and hit that sucker on the first lap. I knew that if I didn't, it was going to screw up my mind forever. bite the dog that bit you, I guess.

The funniest part was looking at "Twisted's" face, he thought I was a dead man. I will never get him to try that one now. :D

Scott

bbrad mulvey
04-11-2005, 03:06 AM
Well I got one to add to here. This just happen on saturday, I was in moto one for the openeing season race at out track hereI was doing great until the third lap when I started getting arm pump. Well I like to keep my items on my handle bars a little loose just incase of a wreck they will just spin around and not get hurt. Well I came off of a 65ft table top and spun my thumb throttle so it was facing strait up and I could use it very well. The 2nd place guy passed me when that happened and I could do anything to keep up any more. we came to the 2nd to the last jump and no quads where taking this rolling double except me and I hit the jump with to little throttle clipped myrear tire on the pinicle of the landing and it bucked me off. The quad did a perfect flip in the air and it landed on all four tires right on top of me. I broke my back and fractured my # 6 and 7 vertebre, tore the ligiments in my back and brused my lung. Needless to say I got to ride to the emergecy room and stay the etire day in the hospital getting fed dymeral every hour until I was able to walk. ....No more work or riding for eight weeks for me. Plus I get to pay for the wonderful medical bills now... :cuss:
But the only thing that happend to my quad was I broke the rear plastic! woohoo!

theTman
04-11-2005, 08:15 AM
holy old thread.....