PDA

View Full Version : stock bore ? worth the money? or just wait and get a 416?

yellowrider
04-02-2002, 09:55 AM
i was wondering what would the power difference between stock and 416 bore?

some people told me it wont be that much of a difference and i should just get a stock bore with a high compression piston and a low to mid range cam and keep the same gear ratio and then i would have a good set up and i would walk all over stock raptors..

which i have no promblem keeping up with them anyways cause when wwe ride to the sand pit i have two new friends one wiht a banshee and the other with the raptor i can keep up i just cant pass them if u know what i mean.

oh did i tell you wet fields are the place where people race there stock 400ex!!! this was so cool i got to ride a 440!! i was like are you serious.. in anywya si got on it IT SUCKED I ALMOST HAD TO FORCE MY SELF TO SMILE i was like what kind of cam did you get .. he like i dont know? why just wondering then his friend came up and told me he kept the stock cam and i think he said he got a little higher compresson piston but i couldnt remeber which one it was. but let me tell you that was a big waste in bore let me tell you .. i raced him and i bet him 3 times in a wet feild..!!
raced his friend with a wb pipe he beat me cause i missed a gear.
i raced the banshee let me tell you we was side by side all the way down there and then somehow i got just a tire ahead of him.. he told me that he missed a gear (he prob did) cause the next time we raced he was a half of a quad in front of me.

but when we got on the black top i got out of the hole faster but i had no chance against them they wooped up on me..

anywho sorry for getting off the subject but how would a higher compression piston and a better cam would help me i woudl like to get at least 30 -35 horse power you know something that you can feel and noticed ..

also i rather keep my stock pipe if i am going to do something like that cause i dont want to have any other noise makeers cause i ride at night and all my neighbors talk to me agian ..