PDA

View Full Version : H/m Trails

chad cavagnaro
07-20-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm goin to the trailfest @ h/m in october. this is my second year and rode the rockhouse trail from gilbert. thought it was o.k. but not great! wich trails are your favorite there, i race harescramble and had the pleasure of one gncc and like those type of trails; tight trails! are there any such trails at h/m and what, where are they? also has anyone ridden the "new" trail there yet? dont know the name of it but it is supposed to be pretty south in the state and from what i hear going to be a faster trail? dont know for sure though.:confused:

Allen
07-20-2004, 02:34 PM
For something tight try Dingess Run. Bear Wallow is what the locals call it. It is real tight and got some serious hill climbs. Also, I was the trail ranger at that trailhead about a year and a half ago.

Motoman440
07-20-2004, 02:39 PM
Waterways are somewhat tight but nice and clean for fast riding. Bearwallow is somewhat open but rocky as hell especially the left side of the mountain. Only rode Rockhouse 1 time. Don't know much about it and the same for Buffalo Mountain. I think you would enjoy Waterways or Bearwallow if you like to race harescrambles. Send me a PM and I will meet you there when you come in town for the trailfest. Been riding Waterways for many years.

Doibugu2
07-20-2004, 02:40 PM
I've ridden Bear Wallow, Rockhouse, and Water Ways. The green trails are all pretty open if you ask me. You have to start going on the blue or if you dare black. If your not an expert I suggust staying off black, they are very difficult especially on a sport quad.

But Bear Wallow is my favorite. Prepare for some rocks though

Motoman440
07-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Allen
For something tight try Dingess Run. Bear Wallow is what the locals call it. It is real tight and got some serious hill climbs. Also, I was the trail ranger at that trailhead about a year and a half ago.

Hey man,

Just moved from Nitro, WV a month ago up to Kanawha City. Where are you in Nitro???

Allen
07-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Just moved from Nitro, WV a month ago up to Kanawha City. Where are you in Nitro???

I live on 40th. Street but originally from Red House.....Where did you live in Nitro???

Motoman440
07-20-2004, 02:58 PM
I live on 40th. Street but originally from Red House.....Where did you live in Nitro???

OMG!!!:eek2: I was living in Brookhaven subdivision which is right accross from 40th street. I ride with some people from Redhouse as well. Jason Macmillion, JR something and a few of their buddies from time to time. Lets hook up and ride sometime.

Allen
07-20-2004, 03:08 PM
Jason Macmillon...your kiddin me I went to high school with him and his brother. <If its the same one> I see Justin quite a bit....definetely hook up and go riding.

07-20-2004, 03:10 PM
were are these chithole H/M trails???

Allen
07-20-2004, 03:13 PM
:confused:

Motoman440
07-20-2004, 03:33 PM
:confused:

That would be Jason who's wife also rides and her name is Sabrina. Send me a PM anytime ya want ta go!!! We'll get Jason and JR to go as well. Let me know!!! JR is one fast fellar from what I remember.

chad cavagnaro
07-20-2004, 04:54 PM
ya, we have some rocks in our trails in arkansas, but, you have boulbers in west virg. also, what i missed , here we have water breaks in our trails that are 2 to 4 feet tall that make for great little air time. any way its still fun there. i have bad memories of my gas gas 450 screwing up the whole time. now i have a diff quad that doesnt break down, too much! there was another trail we tried, i dont remember the name of it, but from gilbert we took hwy 52 and went north west about 15-20 mls and there was a parkinglot right on the hwy on the left and the trail started on the right and went up a hill and to the left and made one big circle?? it was better than rock house trail. the trails that i rode all were on the edge of mountain cliffs that gave me serious pucker factor when wanted to haul ***, thinking of going off the side of the cliff at 60 m.p.h. just kinda took the fun out it!! :eek2: :macho