PDA

View Full Version : scenic highlands?

mxrider666
07-20-2004, 01:28 PM
anyone here ever been to scenic highlands in newcomerstown oh.?

TC426EX
07-20-2004, 02:41 PM
I race D12 events there... The track is HUGE and goes through awesome natural terrain in a valley with awesome soil and some nice jumps. You can check the track out and their website on Pitracer.com, it is run very professionally. That track is one of my favorites along with Spring Valley and Beans bike park. It is a pretty challenging track but is very well maintained every time I go there. If you want to race there youll need a District 12 AMA membership, but you should be cool for practice...

mxrider666
07-21-2004, 05:44 AM
I went out for the saturday practice before the d12 double points race and i couldn't believe how big it was. Have you ever been to broken spokes? if so whats it like?

jst
07-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Scenic is 20 minutes from my house and Broken Spokes is about 40 minutes.Spokes is smaller but not small by no means and has some forgiving jumps,a wicked whoop section and excellent spectator viewing.Scenic is a awesome sight.The entire track is a minimum 20' wide.Bring some handgaurds since some rocks tend to work to the surface but they are getting minimal.Scenic has a long uphill start.