PDA

View Full Version : OK well I'm BAAACCCKKKKKK

dirtmomma
07-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Well we made it back from Idaho!! A day later but that was our choice, we just didn't want to come home!! I have to be honest the jamboree this year was not as big as last year, they are having club politics problems so I don't know if that was it or the economy or a combination of both Ron & I didnt' go on 1 ride :o we really were just enjoying the company & it was SOOOOOO HOOOOTTTTTT!!!! I don't do well in heat either. DJ did go on a ride, he was going up the Red Oak(expert) trail on his blaster when his throttle stuck WIDE OPEN he said he was going for a hella ride then he finally grabbed the kill cord THANK GOD!! That is one nasty trail worse than Rieter boys, he said he was clutching it for a little bit LOL, I know I wouldn't want to be on it when that throttle stuck. So the guys he went w/ towed him back, we tried to get a new cable but I will tell you what we would of had to drive to Spokane :| next year I'm bringing a parts only truck LOL, couldnt' believe they didn't have a cable to fit, so he was out for the rest of the time, some friends from "Team Broke", Hardrock motorsports, tried to help but we were just outta luck. Then on Wed. night we rode in the parade well what a mistake that was!! My clutch burned up, & our quads were about ready to over heat due to weather & going SOOOOOO SLOW they all didn't care cuz they had auto utilities :so that'll be the last parade we ride in, BUT Trevor & Ron will be on ATV Magazine/TV they had the camera right in Trevors face, he was on front of the 400 w/ Ron, he didn't want to ride his quad that night. They (ATV mag) were also @ the rodeo on Fri & Sat so ya never know we all might be on TV. So Sat. for the rodeo they had drag racing & barrel racing, DJ rode the 400 for the racing (Ron FINALLY gave in ) he hadn't had much seat time & was running against 450's on the wore out thing so needless to say he didn't trophy but he had fun!! Trevor went out & ran the barrels in the peewee class & did GREAT he came home w/ a 2nd place trophy :):):) he was sooooooo excited when they called his name & gave that big thing to him!! I really didn't expect to trophy but I did!!! I had to run w/ up to 500cc quads :confused; & the 300 wasn't running too bad except for the BADDDD clutch but I pulled off 3rd place, the boys trophy is bigger than mine ;) he thinks thats cool LOL As for Ron well he was running against 450's,500's so he didn't trophy either. BUT we had a good time, got a little irritated w/ the people running the thing, they really were ******y towards the racer quads & it wasn't just us who said this they actually told a buddy on a 450r that he had to quit kicking up dust & rocks ROFLMFAO we all about died when they said that!!!!!!!!! I am going to be having a big talk w/ the Pres of the club about the way they treated the "real" racers out there we weren't very happy, if you didn't have 4x4,lights,racks they didn't want to give you the time of day pretty much!! If that doesn't change we won't be going back but i think it'll be better next year HOPEFULLY. There was unfortunetly one fatality it was a mc rider w/ his son coming down a trail, got scared when he seen a couple ATV's coming up & I think w/ the combo of things he unfortunelty had a bad wipe out & slammed into the atv'er which was a racer buddy from Spokane :(:(:(:( very very sad!!! Some friends of ours from Vancover area, had a heck of a time on thier way over, they had brought some friends who rented a travel trailer(34') & was pulling it w/ his Expidition w/ NO trailer brakes or sway bars & hit the wind on 90 west of Spokane & flipped the Expidition 2-3 times & the trailer just exploded all over the freeway, the Dad & son who were in the truck were not hurt THANK GOD, so they gathered what they could off the freeway & loaded it up in our buddy's truck/trailer & came on out, cudos to them, they ended up having a GREAT time so that was good. Soooo I was all nervous on the way home even though our towing rig is set up, but ya just always have that thought. Needless to say I about drove Ron crazy on the way home but I think he was thinking about it too ;)

07-20-2004, 10:57 AM
Um you were gone????

j/k glad you had fun welcome back!

XCAdam89
07-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Welcome Back :p

QuadJunkies
07-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Hey Girl. I m sooooo sorry to hear of the Fatality:( Did you flattrack with him???I didnt know you knew Jason and Chris from HardRock!!! Thats who my Daughters sponsor is this year!!:blah: they are the ones who done all her work ......Nice guys. I was just telling them about you were headed up there when I spoke to him on Thurs.
It was hot here all wk end (105 on Sat. ) where we were riding so I can imagine it was pretty warm up North.
We done a parade recently and all the quads were wanting to overheat anbd shut down. Mine did three times:o but yet Sis's lil mini 2 stoke didint have any issues.....
Well Im glad youall had a great time and came home all in one piece!!!:p ;)

BTW......wheres the pictures!!!!:macho

400grl
07-20-2004, 12:40 PM
Wow....what a weekend for you, huh???

My boyfriend's dad flipped his van/trailer the same way - no brakes on the trailer and it was overloaded.......everything rolled a couple of times, but he wasn't hurt.....amazingly!!! The quad and his dad were the only two things that came out of that accident without being totaled!

LTandRaptorider
07-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Welcome back! :)

Sorry to hear the bad news...

Glad to hear youall had a good time...

now where's the pics?

No pics... argumentative threads being locked... I might as well go do my homework for work... :rolleyes: they want me to get certified in something... so I proudly took some papers in to my boss showing him that I'm already certifiable... he patted me on the back and said, that's nice, but not exactly what we had in mind... :confused:

sly400ex
07-20-2004, 06:46 PM
Welcome back dirtmomma!!! Sorry about the death:( Although I'm having a hard time absorbing everything you wrote, it's seems overall you guys had a good time, that's all that matters!!:D :p

sly400ex
07-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
The quad and his dad were the only two things that came out of that accident without being totaled!

The two most important things too!!!:o :p :D

86350x
07-21-2004, 02:16 AM
Welcome back, put up the pics!

dirtmomma
07-21-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Hey Girl. I m sooooo sorry to hear of the Fatality:( Did you flattrack with him???I didnt know you knew Jason and Chris from HardRock!!! Thats who my Daughters sponsor is this year!!:blah: they are the ones who done all her work ......Nice guys. I was just telling them about you were headed up there when I spoke to him on Thurs.
It was hot here all wk end (105 on Sat. ) where we were riding so I can imagine it was pretty warm up North.
We done a parade recently and all the quads were wanting to overheat anbd shut down. Mine did three times:o but yet Sis's lil mini 2 stoke didint have any issues.....
Well Im glad youall had a great time and came home all in one piece!!!:p ;)

BTW......wheres the pictures!!!!:macho

OH MAN I KNEW I had seen that Hardrock name somewhere before LMAO yeah they are good guys!!! they are some good partiers too hehe, I'm gonna call them to see if they would sponsor DJ this winter that would be cool!! They had some sweet minis there w/ them showing them off, a lil preddy, & a couple 90's one of them had the COOLEST front end on it it was almost as wide as my 300:eek: :blah: I got a couple pics so I'll put them up in awhile :):)

dirtmomma
07-21-2004, 10:13 AM
OK well here's the few pics I got
here's 3 minis built by thed Hardrock boys (sorry for the poor quality but the camera needs to go in the garbage :( got a few on regular film but need to develop it)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid130/p5bf3c5bdb5d187d67caaba9760e27314/f7c239f6.jpg

Here's lil man on one of Hardrocks choppers he wants one BADDDD they are pretty cool
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid130/p5a23ea2e70247b80b9b8e2ad66b7ab6a/f7c239f1.jpg

Lil man w/ his 2nd place trophy he's a HAPPY boy
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid130/pb1d9abad2da99b03a532ade060f00323/f7c239f2.jpg

A VERY nice 450R one of Hardrocks
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid130/p6ec7fd3640e8e615470a06f360074df2/f7c23a08.jpg

A friend of ours from Indiana here's his Grizzly he bought 4 red shock covers from me & they look SWEET on there
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid130/pb683d72c531a44a1e3ac7d3d24c9f381/f7c239f3.jpg

Here's Ron helping a buddy load his NEW Suzuki 700 Twin Peaks that had 300 miles & the clutches burnt up he wasn't a happy camper!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid130/p598ba18c8f484c728e03e50a35213351/f7c239ee.jpg

QuadJunkies
07-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Kim,
Check your PM here in aminute I wanted to fill you in about a sponsor program..;)