PDA

View Full Version : sparks cam and hot cam stage I?

chris450R
07-20-2004, 12:30 AM
i am going to be getting a cam soon for my 450 and i really need to know which one is better. i know that several of you will just say that the sparks is the only way to go but i what i really need to know is how do their power curves compare. i know that they are both for more bottom and mid range power and both increase top end over stock. i just need to know if the hot cams is as good as the sparks? the reason i am askin about it is because the hot cams is only $130 and the sparks is $200+. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, chris

lukester720
07-20-2004, 12:57 PM
The stage 2 hotcam is more simalar to the sparks which would be same as stock up to about 6,000 rpms then a 4 hp increase. the stage one is strong right off bottom and into the midrange but then it falls off.

There is nothing wrong with the cams being the same as stock up to 6000 rpms, the hrc cam is actually about 2 hp shy of the stock cam from 0 to 6000 Rpms with a before it pulls strong up to a peak of 5 hp up top.

I actually got this info from a well known pipebuilder and a well known cambuilder.:eek: