PDA

View Full Version : hrc power up kit

trost66
07-19-2004, 10:58 PM
I was just wondering what you guys thought about the hrc power up kit for the 450r. Is it worth it or not

atvmx14
07-20-2004, 08:59 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=115577

check out that link if it helps!!

KYmxracer52
07-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Is Honda's cam upgrade as strong as the aftermarket ones? What kind of high-compression pistons can you run and still run pump gas and the motor still be reliable?

atvmx14
07-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Very good question i'm not sure about that.
I know hondas r+d is very good and they do have warranty coverage on there genuine accessories!!
But as far as HC pistons you would need to keep in mind that you need to get the octane levels usually up around 100 min i know alot of guys that mix race gas with pump gas to save on the costs of fuel and it works just fine!!!

KYmxracer52
07-20-2004, 12:02 PM
I guess the bad side to running a HC piston is losing Honda's warranty. Does anyone know how long the warranty is for and what all it covers? I'm getting ready to buy one and would like to know. Does it cover frame breakage from MX?

atvmx14
07-20-2004, 12:07 PM
There normal warranty is 6 months from date of purchase and extended coverage is available.

They would probally be kinda of hesitant on mx quads but hopefully the dealership can go to town for you and get it done!!

OREGONTRX
07-20-2004, 04:06 PM
I just had my first ride yesterday at the Florence dunes after installing the HRC kit. What a huge difference! The motor now pulls to the rev limiter in every gear without hesitation. I have a 13 tooth on the front and I even bounce off the limiter tapped out in 5th gear! Before, I knew when to shift because the motor would peter out, now it just pulls all the way up. I will put the 14 tooth back on and see how it affects the top speed. Some guys have mentioned a small loss on the bottom end... I didn't notice anything different. It makes the quad a whole different machine and it sounds great without being obnoxiously loud. By the way, every dealer I called was out of stock on the kit until mid to late August, with a price of $300 plus. I got my mine from Planet Honda for $252 and delivery was immediate. I highly recommend the kit... it's cheap and highly effective!