PDA

View Full Version : chain tension?

TheFontMaster
07-19-2004, 02:34 PM
How do i tighten the chain on my 300ex, I know it's one of the easiest matininse things to do but i daon't know how.

atvracr350
07-19-2004, 09:01 PM
Ok well i see that nobody else was answerin this post so i thought i would. I am not sure if it is the same as a 400ex i have no experience with 300's but i know on the 400's the have 4 allen wrench screws on the right side of the back sprocket on the swingarm. You loosen all 4 of these bolts up a lot (might even take them out) and then there should be a little thing on the left side of your swingarm right by the sprocket that you can stick an allen wrench in and turn it back twoards you if you are sitting directly behind the atv. If it is hard to turn than spray it with some wd-40 and then use some kind of wrench or something to slip onto the allen wrench to give you some leverage. The thing should rotate back tightining your chain. Then all you have to do is tighten the four allen wrench bolts back up and your done. Like i said before this is the process on a 400ex and i am not sure if it is the same as the 300 if anyone knows please correct me. I hope this helps and isn't too confusing.