PDA

View Full Version : what are the best tires?

EXtremeEXer50
07-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Right now i have titan shreddars on my 400 and i would have to say they were good for winter but as soon as i starting riding more road they wore down very quick i was just wondering what kind of tires i should buy next that would be the best for a good price?

nky400
07-19-2004, 08:16 AM
as soon as i starting riding more road they wore down very quick

Kenda's are good tires and they are fairly cheap. you can get Knarly's or Klaw's depending on what type of riding you do. ALL tires are going to wear quickly if you ride on the road.

nakomis0
07-19-2004, 09:07 AM
I like the 6ply holeshots. As far as traction, control and overall feel they are awesome. They do wear very fast though.

You could try other tires of that same tread design like Razers.

Like said above all tires will wear quicker on the road.

If you don't mind extra weight, Spider-trax or Bandits. And those tires are hard to wear out.

TC426EX
07-19-2004, 09:08 AM
USE THE SEARCH BUTTON AND TYPE "TIRES!!!!! There must be 6 million posts on this with more than enough information to help you make a decision...

250ex_guts
07-19-2004, 10:08 AM
the mudsharks and the bandit xcr's worked the best for my friend who has a 400 but there not the cheepest

RedRaider
07-19-2004, 08:31 PM
Kenda Klaws

whtknckleracng
07-19-2004, 10:08 PM
yeah i like the claws. they are awesome on my uncles predator.
but for my specifications im a turf tamer man!

bradley300
07-19-2004, 10:28 PM
holeshots get my vote. i actually had the chance to test a set of kenda knarly's this weekend and i LOVED them on dry dirt. they grip really well, and slide very well and very predictably, no suprises in sliding, only slides when you wan them too. also rode some hardpack that had just been rained on and all i have to say is holeshot xc's are a much better tire in this condition than anything i have ridden

Pele05
07-19-2004, 11:35 PM
I've used just about every type of tire, I found that the holeshots and Razr's pretty much wore out the same, but both are a favorite as far as traction goes. If your looking for a mx tire the kenda's deffinently last longer and are cheaper. My best friend always used the bandits for trail riding, it seemed that those lasted forever. I went through at least two sets of tires before he went through one set of bandits, however I did notice I got a little better traction in some areas them him. Hope that helps.

RedEx XCRider
07-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by RedRaider
Kenda Klaws

i Agree with him i sliced one of my holeshots last weekend and put on my step dads old Klaws..they grip ten times better then the holeshot xcrs i had...i still run holeshots up front though if i ever change it'll prolly be rzr2 front and klaws back

Freestylemxr
07-20-2004, 09:52 AM
I like the maxxis razr's, they get good traction and get you out of the gate fast

mustang93
07-21-2004, 06:19 PM
KLAW'S Mine dont wear out fast even on the roads

cals400ex
07-22-2004, 12:57 AM
can anyone find the weights on some of these tires. i am looking for some 20's, but i need something light. are any of the kenda's lighter than the xcr's?

markk
07-22-2004, 09:00 PM
I have ran a few diffrent styles of tiers on my 400ex.

Razr 2's up front!! the best
Holeshot XCT preetty good still

HoleshotXCT on back the best
Razr 2's pretty good
kenda claw ok
kenda knarly same

the razr twos are the best front tire i have even ran, and for the rears, I loved my holeshots, but the razr 2's are pretty good for the mud also, But my holeshots seemd like they gripped a little better like when u tried to restart on a hill side. The kendas where a really good tire, and they would get as much traction in the mud as the other two tires, but the sidewalls seemed to flex ALOT. And sorta had probs with punctuing the sidewall on some rocks when i didnt have any problems with my holeshots on the same tearain!!

thats just what i think, But i put it up 4 everyone to see!

Jingle 11
07-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Lemme tell u if u dont wanna buy tires for like 3 years get some pure sport bandits. They were on the bike when i bought it and they dont wear at all but they suck when it gets a lil wet. But i run klaws for mx and they rock.

quadmx7
07-23-2004, 12:13 AM
my vote is the holeshot mxr4's i love mine they slide great and get good traction. alot of people complained about mxrs wearing really fast but itp claims that the new mxr4's are soposed to last longer. i think they are a great mx tire except when it comes to really hard pack stuff. in the arenacross races they would hook up so good that it wanted to tip me when i started to slide so for the really hard pack stuf i use turf tamers. but i find that turf tamers dont work as well as the holeshot mxr4's in the loose stuff.

TC426EX
07-23-2004, 06:47 AM
Maxxis Razrs or Razr MX all the way!!!!!!!

red2004 TRX450R
07-23-2004, 08:22 AM
I LOVE MY RAZR 2'S
For woods riding in wet and rocky PA they cant be beat.
I have 22 in the rear and 23 in the frount, they have stiff side walls and dont rool to much, handle beter that the stockers in the corners, way better traction, and unlike the stockers with holes and cuts all over them I have had not flats yet!

400ex men
07-23-2004, 10:01 PM
Razers tires are good i had some on a 250 ex

joesal99
07-24-2004, 10:24 PM
I ride spider trac 22" on the rear and the are amazing in the sloppy stuff. If you don't mind the weight (but like the extra clearance) and drop to a 14 tooth front sprocket you can't go wrong with em on muddy trails, but mine have worn fast the times I've had to cruise on paved roads.

Sal