PDA

View Full Version : My first time.......

glenfoto
07-18-2004, 11:24 PM
I went to Lake Elsinore Motocross Park over the weekend, about an hour and fifteen minutes north of San Dieg, and I rode on their quad track....

It was my first time riding on a track, and it was fun... I was a little hesitant hitting the big jumps or doubles, or whoops.. I basically rode within my ability ( cut me a break here.. it was my first time....) lol

I now have a greater respect for racers of ALL levels.. because that track was a workout...

I need to go back and get comfortable with it.... because I was so scared to hit those jumps.. I want to, but man, they are so intimidating.

To all you people that are new and afraid to go.. just go. There were cool people there, and as long as you keep a line, the fast people just go around you. :)

It was an exhilirating experience to jump... i'm going to do more research online about starting to jump.. because I'm older and aware of my vulnerability... I'd rather get some tips instead of learning by trial and error.. especially with jumping and whoops....

Any of you seasoned racers have any tips for a newbie track rider??

Anyway, not much to say.. just wanted to say that I respect all of you racers.. I couldn't imagine full throttle racing WITH traffic.. you guys rule....

:macho

Glen

SHOCKER
07-18-2004, 11:51 PM
hey there is a race this saturday the 24th at elsinore, im going and racing in it, i have done a couple so far at elsinore and i love it, have ya thought about going to el cajon mx park on monday night quad night? im going tomorrow night to el cajon for the first time to check out the track becasue they are going to have quad races there next month, but they are going through troubles and ya dont have to buy a membership to ride at el cajon mx, only have to pay the $20 to ride on the track and ya dont need anything :blah: oh and for elsinore its a great track, i have hit every jump except the finish line table triple and im on a Z with stock suspension except for +2 arms, but how old are you? you can race in a 30+ class or a 40+ class this weekend, its really fun,

and for tips, always give a burst of gas when coming off the lip of a jump to keep front end up, when you jump remember if its possible to land on all 4's but if ya cant its always better to land on the rear wheels then the front, if you are going to kase a jump give it gas the rotation of the 4-stroke will pull the front end up and then when ya hit the tires will grab and it wont be as bad, when ya nose dive in the air give it gas to pull up the front end, when your nose is pointing to high in the air pull in the clutch and hit the foot brake to bring the front end down,um if the bike leans to the left in the air turn to the left to correct and if it leans to the right turn the wheels to the right,

so which jumps did ya do? the big double is pretty intimidating but once ya hit it you will hit it everytime after that, if ya want you should go to the races this 24th and watch, ill be there so will socallen85 and a couple other people, its really fun, oh and if ya can try to go to el cajon tomorrow, 4 to 9 is when they let quads on the track and ill be going with hopefully with a friend

YZEATER
07-19-2004, 07:59 AM
stock shocks with +2 arms??? it has got to be soft unless you are really light.

SHOCKER
07-19-2004, 08:29 AM
im 170 and they bottom out on everyjump except 1, they are good through the whoops though ;) i dont have money for anything now so i got what i have :blah: i am pretty scared each jump i go off of because thats every jump closer to cracking my frame

YZEATER
07-19-2004, 09:10 AM
you'd be better off using your stock a-arms until you could get some better shocks.

glenfoto
07-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Went to go watch the quad practice at El Cajon MX... it was pretty cool. Kory Ellis was there, and he was fast as hell. Also, it appeared that some of the Duncan Racing people were there..

It was a good time..

SHOCKER
07-19-2004, 11:21 PM
hey i was there, i have pics did ya see me?

http://img50.photobucket.com/albums/v154/ALBA_Z400/fenders.jpg

thats me, it was my first time there and i was learning this track now, its an actuall mx track so its way diferent then elsinore but its very fun and hard, yes kory ellis and daryl patton were there doing the 97' huge jump

glenfoto
07-19-2004, 11:37 PM
yeah, patton was there too. those guys destroyed that track... i was paying close attention to technique...

those guys are good...

SHOCKER
07-20-2004, 09:59 AM
so ya didnt see me? i was there, in the pic above,

but yeah those guys are crazy, i was just crusing rolling that huge 97' jump and here comes flying by me patton flys off of it, then next lap kory ellis hits it, they are insane, i watched them at elsinore last week and korry turns a double to a single to a table into a triple into table, they are very good

glenfoto
07-20-2004, 07:00 PM
to be honest, Patton and Ellis and those Duncan Racing guys kept my attention... i may have seen you, but I don't remember.. I apologize.

Glen