PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers

yoshimurakfx400
07-18-2004, 10:30 PM
hey i cant get any 1 to anser me in the z 400 foroum so i was hopping u guys would know, if i put wheel spacers on my kfx 400 will it make it less tipsy and would it lower it any?

cryan54935
07-19-2004, 11:06 AM
It will make it less tippy, but it will not lower it any.

I know everyone cannot afford new a-arms and an axle, but in my opinion , if I were you, I would just buy a new axle and be done with it.

If you put front spacers on and do any kind of big jumping, you can bend your spindles.

If you just trail ride, you might be ok with spacers front and rear.

If you ride mx, stay away from spacers.

Later

Freestylemxr
07-19-2004, 01:08 PM
Yea with the wheel spacers if you are going to do mx you are going to end up spending more money in repairs than it would cost for a-arms, so I would just go with a-arms, also offset wheels is another option ;)

quadrcr87
07-23-2004, 02:13 PM
offset wheels will put the same amount of stress as spacers. the spacers themselves dont brake its the parts they put stress on. I would get the axle now and start saving for a arms. I just got an axle and plan on a arms in winter

Freestylemxr
07-23-2004, 09:01 PM
If they are on the front it isn't that much stress, when riding there isn't as much pressure on the front tires as the rear, plus its a lot harder to bend or break a spindal with the support of a rim than just the support of a wheel spacer :rolleyes:

4TraxRider
07-23-2004, 09:10 PM
An offset rim and a wheel spacer do the same thing and put the same amounts of stress on the upper a arms and spindle at identical amounts of offset. I've already seen a YFZ bend a spindle running 1.5 inch wheel spacers at the track.

YFZ450 Racer88
08-17-2004, 06:08 PM
yo just listen to 4 trax rider..lol he aint lieing
i got R.A.D. front spacers and i bent my spindle racing at rausch creek.. so just stay away from them..