PDA

View Full Version : 450r problem startin after bounced around

SSracingNY
07-18-2004, 06:26 PM
idk if he posted this yet but me and kevin(woracing) were wondering if anyone else has a problem starting their 450r after it was being bounced around or tipped to 1 side or upright.

few weeks ago a friend of ours was bouncing the 450 side to side while it was parked(turned off) and we went to start it and it took like 50 kicks for it to finally start. then 2day we went riding, had it up on its grab bar during the 20min + transport time and unloaded it. took like 50kicks again to start. the gas was off. we know all the fluids and everything get moved but i havent had a problem w/ any other machine doing this. maybe its a safty feature of some sort?? anyone else have this problem?

WhiteZee
07-18-2004, 07:11 PM
the carb bowl is getting flooded when you tip it, you need to turn the gas off and let the motor die, that should fix your problems.

WOracing
07-30-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
the carb bowl is getting flooded when you tip it, you need to turn the gas off and let the motor die, that should fix your problems.

never thought of that...thank you:)

Seano
07-31-2004, 04:46 AM
i tipped mine back to wash its belly and i took like 50 kicks also. yes run the carb bowl dry

Hammer trx450r
07-31-2004, 05:04 AM
try holding the hot start in while kicking it. and hold it in untill it is running

RideRedEX
08-01-2004, 08:21 PM
like it says in the manual, anytime its tipped over and hard to start open the throttle all the way and kick about 3 times, its worked for me each time...