PDA

View Full Version : twist throttle?

1badex
07-18-2004, 04:31 PM
i know it has been posted before but i was wondering if anyone has complaints about the twist throttle.if it lacks torque or takes longer to get up to speed?or anything like this.thanx

p.s.- if no complaints, what company is recomended for a good twist throttle?:confused:

Syrus
07-18-2004, 04:43 PM
It wouldnt make ur quad run any different, just the way u like the feel and handling of ur quad is upto you, shouldnt be any different then a dirtbike.

Florida400EX
07-18-2004, 05:11 PM
It's all a matter of opinion... I think thumb throttles are safer, becauses on quads, most of your weight is supported by your arms, while on a bike, your thighs/ knees are your main point of support. If you hit a large bump, your arm might jerk one way, causing the throttle to jerk along with it, which can be very dangerous. A good company that makes a twist throttle kit is Motion Pro.

nakomis0
07-18-2004, 07:25 PM
I do not recommend a twist throttle on a quad. Its not the same as a dirt bike ... by far. You sit different and a bike has more suspension.

My buddy just crashed his Banshee today because of a twist throttle.

But hey to each his own, I imagine theres someone on here that loves their twist throttle.

Out_Sider
07-18-2004, 07:32 PM
i bought a twist throttle, but havent put it on yet because they sent me the wrong cable :grr: idk if i will like it or not, but thats why i try it before i race with it.

TheFontMaster
07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
I got a twist throtle, and I will never own a sport quad without one. Mabey I just like it more because I learned how to ride with a twist.
nacomis0, i think i know why your buddy crahed because of it. If your not used to how the twist throttle works sometimes you will slip when you hit a bump or land a jump, I did that a few time when I was learning, but I have no complaints about it.

deathman53
07-18-2004, 08:12 PM
heres a link to a article comparing twist and thumb throttles, I just uploading, its from june 86 dirtwheels

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/deathman53/twist-1.jpg
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/deathman53/twist-2.jpg

TheFontMaster
07-18-2004, 08:20 PM
Umm the first like os upide down.

deathman53
07-18-2004, 08:28 PM
fixed

Matt756
07-18-2004, 08:31 PM
i prefer thumb over twist i got i got scared with a twist on a down hill and held well in the process i gunned the throttle didnt get hurt but scared me

deathman53
07-18-2004, 08:48 PM
I'm gonna go with a twist on my 200x, recently I got back hand cramps that I never ever got when riding my dirtbike. If I like it, I'm gonna go with a twist on my atc 330r, then absolutely nobody is gonna want to ride my trikes, how many times have people asked to ride your quad? I only had one person ask to ride my trike and it was my friend, one of my favorite parts about trikes, nobody wants to ride it!!!!!

1badex
07-19-2004, 07:30 AM
thanx for the feedback guys, i think i might just hold off until i can test ride a quad that has one so i can have a feel of it.i dont want to waste money and not like it.

IL400EX
07-19-2004, 02:29 PM
I agree that riding a ATV w/ a twist is different than riding a bike with a twist. It does take a while to adjust to an ATV with a twist, but once you and your hand/wrist/forearm adjust to it, the first mod you'll make to your next ATV will be a Twist.

khen
07-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by IL400EX
I agree that riding a ATV w/ a twist is different than riding a bike with a twist. It does take a while to adjust to an ATV with a twist, but once you and your hand/wrist/forearm adjust to it, the first mod you'll make to your next ATV will be a Twist. I agree..

acold7dusta
07-20-2004, 01:45 PM
i almost fell off of a blaster because the twist throttle stuck and it was held wide open when i let go of the throttle. so it went like completely straight up but i held on and pushed it down lol