PDA

View Full Version : starting out

theyfctr
07-18-2004, 01:39 PM
I am wanting to start racing.
what is a good bike to start with and how can i get into races.

XCAdam89
07-18-2004, 03:48 PM
uh..what type of racing? mx, xc, tt?

SHOCKER
07-18-2004, 04:14 PM
yeah what he said, oh and your signature syas ya know it all so why dont ya know ;) jking, but a ex isnt tht bad of a bike, for all types or a Z or a trx450r they are good overall racers, but tell us what type of racing

theyfctr
07-18-2004, 07:56 PM
probly mx or cx or a little of both

i don't know crap

Right now I have a yfz but I want to know if a trx450 is a good bike for after I sell my ds650

Freestylemxr
07-18-2004, 09:47 PM
The yfz is very good for mx obviously and you do not have to invest as much to make it mx race ready, the trx is beter for a xc machine money wise, although the yfz is great for mx and xc ;)

motoxpress
08-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Why do you say the TRX is better than the YFZ for XC? Personally, I think it's a toss up between them but I don't have seat time on either.

mx

redrider9045
08-02-2004, 04:07 PM
ok what is up with yall yamahammer fans come on quit ragging the 450r my friend got one and ive rode both yfz and trx the trx is a whole lot smoother and it revs quicker the wheels dont want to come off the ground when your racing like some people say i think you should try the 450r its awesome trust me the only thing that makes yall yamahammer fans like the yfz is because it sits lower oo wow and inch or two ooooo hold on who won championship umm tim farr and what was he riding umm 450r yah also whos winning in the gnc umm not a honda and not a yahama so go ahed and get a yfz and i cant wait to blow past some yfz when get my 450r

theyfctr
08-02-2004, 05:08 PM
just rode them both and the yf is my choice

theyfctr
08-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by redrider9045
ok what is up with yall yamahammer fans come on quit ragging the 450r my friend got one and ive rode both yfz and trx the trx is a whole lot smoother and it revs quicker the wheels dont want to come off the ground when your racing like some people say i think you should try the 450r its awesome trust me the only thing that makes yall yamahammer fans like the yfz is because it sits lower oo wow and inch or two ooooo hold on who won championship umm tim farr and what was he riding umm 450r yah also whos winning in the gnc umm not a honda and not a yahama so go ahed and get a yfz and i cant wait to blow past some yfz when get my 450r

There are so many thing wrong about this . Oh well

What does any of it have to do with my question?