PDA

View Full Version : needing to vent

derekhonda
07-18-2004, 11:38 AM
God this upsets me. About 3 months ago, I had a cannondale up for sale in the local trader. A guy called and asked about it and asked if i would trade it for anything. I said yes....but only a street bike. He said well I have a 97 CBR600F3 that i was wanting to trade so we wound up meeting up that day, but couldnt agree to terms ( I wanted a few bucks to boot )

Anyways, he calls me back the next day and says ok I will do it, so we I drive back up to meet him. When he showed up, the rear fender was all cracked on it. He claimed it fell over on the way upto meet me in the truck, and all the pieces were there, so i believed him. But i did ask for more money, so i could repair what he broke. I wound up getting $280 bucks from him with the trade, it wasnt alot but seemed fair (didnt realize a new rear fender was $150 though)

Anyways, when it came down to the title, I looked at it and it wasnt titled to him up top. He assured me everything was fine with the title, it was clean, not rebuilt, and was good to go. I foolishly believed him and went ahead and brought the bike home with me. The next day i started spreading the word around school that i had a streetbike i was wanting to sell (I only traded cause i was having a hard time getting rid of the CDale) and within a week I had a kid come to look at it and wound up buying it. I gave him all the paperwork i had on it, and he went to the BMV and tried to title it......They couldnt do It.

The guy whom i traded with bought the motorcycle out of state (their by avoiding taxes) Never went to the BMV back in my state and theirfore, never paid his taxes. They told my friend who bought the bike off of me that there is almost $500 to be paid before he can then title it in his name. I wound up buying the bike back off of the kid, even compensated him for the insurance he bought ($40) and have had the bike ever since.

I contacted an attorney just to see what my rights where and he said by all means take him to small claims court, its a for sure win. I called the guy, and gave him 2 weeks to come up with my money before I was going to file papers. I called today, and his wife started saying how she called her attorney and they dont owe me anything, the $280 was supposed to go towards that titling money and all this other bull****.....it just makes me sick.

So now, I will be going to file papers tommorrow, have to make a trip back from college some day and miss classes just so i can collect what is owed to me. I ****ing hate low lifes....

XCAdam89
07-18-2004, 11:54 AM
man, I would get his plates, and go to his house with a baseball bat waiting for his arse.

derekhonda
07-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Oh, I have all his information, i even gots hid drivers liscense ID number......:devil:

brian-250
07-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Well, i think me, derek and big john need to make a road trip.:macho :mad:

07-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
Well, i think me, derek and big john need to make a road trip.:macho :mad:

it's not funny anymore.

bulkdriverlp
07-18-2004, 12:14 PM
if the bike wasnt titled to him you should have never did it, live and learn. :rolleyes: ed

derekhonda
07-18-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
if the bike wasnt titled to him you should have never did it, live and learn. :rolleyes: ed

Yeah, I know now. His name was on the title, because he purchased it from a dealer in michigan, his name just wasnt the first name, and it just didnt click to me. I new it wasnt right, this whole deal has left a sour feeling in my stomache.

redroost85
07-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Man, that sucks Derek.:(

Deals that go bad are just enough to just pi$$ ya right the he!! off, eh?:grr:

I hope you get this straightened out without too much boot to be haved layed down.:macho