PDA

View Full Version : made up my mind

YFZ450Ridr
07-17-2004, 01:52 PM
well ive finally made up my mind. when its time for me to get a new quad, which im hoping is soon but my dad has other plans for my 250. but any way i like the old 400ex and if thier doing upgrades on it, it can only get better the way i see it. i do alot of trail riding and have heard that the 400ex is a good trail machine. so i figered i really like the 400 and i wonna look into getting one of the new ones once they come out. either i wonna get a 400ex or maby a raptor, but the raptor sits up really high and is tippy and has a short back end.

JRDrider22
07-17-2004, 02:17 PM
thanks cool your getting a 400ex. i personally dont like raptors. theyre pigs. 400exs are all around great and fun quads. well have fun on your soon to come 400

busch light
07-17-2004, 02:47 PM
man I had a raptor and sunk a ton of $$ in it, it just wouldn't hold up, great powerthough, not that its real usable in the woods. IMO the best looking quad, but all around not a good choice. It usually cost me between $100 to $500 in repairs each ride. Oh yeah, I now have a 400ex which handles great, underpowered, but reliable as hell, IF you ride trails GET the 400.

WOracing
07-17-2004, 02:54 PM
you guys dont know anything about raptors by the sound of things, take some time to consider these things...the raptor is as reliable as an ex, unless on an mx track the seat hieght on a raptor has no effect on it and the raptor is a hell of alot faster. if i was you i would definetally (sp) go with a raptor...

busch light
07-17-2004, 02:58 PM
WO, you obviously never had a raptor, Trust me they are not even close to reliable, and I'm very picky about maintence, they just do not hold up under hard riding

Cole Trane
07-17-2004, 02:59 PM
Raptor has reverse too. I'd rather have a four hundred though!!! I don't think Raptors are junk either, just like Honda better.

WOracing
07-17-2004, 03:00 PM
im not even going to start to fight about this...i know they are a very reliable machine, so lets just say "your right";)

LTandRaptorider
07-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by busch light
WO, you obviously never had a raptor, Trust me they are not even close to reliable, and I'm very picky about maintence, they just do not hold up under hard riding

I have a Raptor... an 01. I've had it for two years. Gets ridden hard through the woods, and yes, it is great for woods riding. Tons of low end power, which is good for woods riding, right? Narrow, which is good for handling tight trails, right? Yes, it sits rather high, and I did put wheel spacers on it... which means I'll no longer be able to squeak between trees then watch Rider11x bounce his 400 off of them. It's been very reliable, only problem I've had is one time it wouldn't start. Guess what? It was because I left the key on for a week. I get tired of hearing chit by people that don't know their *** from a hole in the ground. We all have preferences of machines, but I don't talk chit about other quads just because they're not my preference. End of story.

Toadz400
07-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
I have a Raptor... an 01. I've had it for two years. Gets ridden hard through the woods, and yes, it is great for woods riding. Tons of low end power, which is good for woods riding, right? Narrow, which is good for handling tight trails, right? Yes, it sits rather high, and I did put wheel spacers on it... which means I'll no longer be able to squeak between trees then watch Rider11x bounce his 400 off of them. It's been very reliable, only problem I've had is one time it wouldn't start. Guess what? It was because I left the key on for a week. I get tired of hearing chit by people that don't know their *** from a hole in the ground. We all have preferences of machines, but I don't talk chit about other quads just because they're not my preference. End of story.

Well said LTandRaptor. I think this should be in the FAQ section:p .

It's like people talking bad about the Banshee...sure it's not as reliable as a 4-stroke, but it gets the job done, and no it's not as nice as a 450R with $10,000 sunk into it...but get over it...

All I have to say is, if you don't like it, don't ride it.

*EDIT* I forgot to comment on the actual topic. A 400ex would be a great choice for the woods, especially if the new ones have reverse. I've never ridden a Raptor so I honestly can't say if it's better or not...guess you'll just have to go with an un-biased person's opinion.

fastblaster2002
07-17-2004, 04:02 PM
both quads are reliable...maybe you got a lemon???it happens

raptor has more power and i like yamaha better

WOracing
07-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

thanks lt:)

devildriver422
07-17-2004, 04:54 PM
ive neve rhad or ridden one but i kno sum1 that has one...had it for 2 weeks and the bearings melted, yes melted, and he raced a stock kfx and won by about 1 length...not a very short race either...he hates it wen he jumps bc it tips so easy and around here theres not that many trails

WOracing
07-17-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by devildriver422
ive neve rhad or ridden one but i kno sum1 that has one...had it for 2 weeks and the bearings melted, yes melted, and he raced a stock kfx and won by about 1 length...not a very short race either...he hates it wen he jumps bc it tips so easy and around here theres not that many trails

:rolleyes: