PDA

View Full Version : TC 426MXer Hp's?

MK300racer7
07-17-2004, 08:57 AM
What does a tc426 mxer cost and around how much hp do yours guys run.

TC426EX
07-17-2004, 12:29 PM
My Engine kit in my sig is putting out near 48 HP. I have had it dynoed and can PM you the dyno sheet if you want. I have heard other people with this engine kit say they are putting out between 42-44 HP, so I dont know why mine is a little higher. Probably the carb I would think. Anyway, as far as cost, my kit cost around 2000 to do but I gave him free reign to do everything extra to it like oversize valves, lightened flywheel, head stud kit, etc... You could probably get a cheaper price and just get the essentials like Head porting, piston/boring, valve job and a cam but youll definitely want to either get one of the Lectron carbs he reccomends or a 39mm FCR like I have, it really DOES make a difference. Hopefully Fulk and a couple others could chime in on this one...

K_Fulk
07-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Mine put out 42. 7, but my clutch was slipping. I went up to gt thunder last week and picked up some new clutch springs and that seemed to help a lot.

Unless I get it dynoed again I wont be able to tell how much i lost through slipage.

Now that I have a scanner I guess I can post the sheet.
The written in numbers were torque for each run.

cals400ex
07-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
Mine put out 42. 7, but my clutch was slipping. I went up to gt thunder last week and picked up some new clutch springs and that seemed to help a lot.

Unless I get it dynoed again I wont be able to tell how much i lost through slipage.

Now that I have a scanner I guess I can post the sheet.
The written in numbers were torque for each run.

what all is done to your bike?? also, with the mods you have which ones would you recommend and which ones would you probably not spend the $$ on if you did it again??

K_Fulk
07-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Your in luck I just blew a headgaket tonite and can tell whats done to it for sure. Unfortunetly fo me I have to pay for it. :o

It has the stock studs but they wernt lose, maybe the head or cylinder got warped? I'm taking all my parts to my builder tommorow so he can look at them.

My tc426 doesnt have the oversized valves, maybe I should put my other ported head on with oversized valves back on and see if there is any diffrence. I know that head helped my 440 a lot.

I have the tc 924 cam with the 426 an im liking it power comes in low and stays teill you rev out.

My tc motor has a lightend fly wheel and i think it has a degree key too, The guy I bought it from said something about it and when my piston was at top dead center the flywheel mark wasnt. I think im gonna take the key out before i put it back together.

The guy I bought it from said it had a 12.5:1 piston. Found out it is a je.

It has a heavy duty rod and the full hinson 8 plate clutch.

My exterior power mods are a sparks x-6, 39mm fcr and a stock cdi.

I dont regret spending money on any motor mods yet, just wished when i originnaly had my 440s done i should have got a heavy duty rod and / or stroker crank. So I wouldnt have been scarred about going higher on the compression.

Another thing I'm not to happy about is my x-6, This is my second one cause i traded my old one off for this motor. I just got it a month ago from T&T racing brand new, and it was getting some rust specs already and the lower pipe mount is halfway broken around the weld.

cals400ex
07-19-2004, 01:01 AM
i am only running a stainless x-6, but i wasn't impressed with the power. also, using steel wool lightly on the pipe cleaned my buddies up really well. he ended up waxing the whole pipe to help prevent rust for a while. the nice thing about my stainless pipe is that i don't have any maintenance.

i am considering a port/polish/larger valve job and a lightened flywheel. my main concern is for drag racing and i don't want to loose any top speed.

K_Fulk
07-19-2004, 06:38 PM
i am considering a port/polish/larger valve job and a lightened flywheel. my main concern is for drag racing and i don't want to loose any top speed.

That will all help, but the high compression is where the power is. But then you need the race gas and a good rod too. It really all depends how much money you want to spend.

Another thing I found out my tc motor is a 416. After we did some measuring today.

TC426EX
07-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk

Another thing I found out my tc motor is a 416. After we did some measuring today.

Hmm, is 87mm stamped on top of the piston, or did you measure it out? As you know, its usually stamped on top of most pistons man so you know what rings to buy... Did the guy who sold it to you say it was a 426??

K_Fulk
07-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by TC426EX
Hmm, is 87mm stamped on top of the piston, or did you measure it out? As you know, its usually stamped on top of most pistons man so you know what rings to buy... Did the guy who sold it to you say it was a 426??

It has 87 mm stamped on it then we compared it to another to make sure. The guy I bought it from said it was a 426 but im not worried about it being 1mm off on the bore. At least I have another bore left if i need to replace the piston.

At least it has all the major parts he said it had, but when i asked about oversized valves he wasnt sure about that.

I dont know if he had some one put it togehter or if tom did it. The cam wasnt degreed in I figure thats something a good builder would do if he is doing it.

Another thing the piston was going back down when the tdc mark was showing in the hole. Maybe we willl have to use a couple base gaskets to get it back up. I do know my cylinder is gonna need decked and maybe some taken off the bottom of the head too.

TC426EX
07-19-2004, 08:13 PM
If you have the head off already you should probably be able to tell if it has oversize valves or not. I know my stainless ones look noticeably different than the stockers. Besides the color, you can tell they are bigger even though they are only oversize 1mm. If they arent oversized and its a 416 maybe thats the reason for the difference in a couple HP between yours and mine but who knows. That sucks about getting it decked and shaved, but you gotta do what you gotta do. If you think you can have it together by this weekend hit me up with a PM and we'll head out to Outlaw sat. or sun. There's no D12 event this weekend so Ill prolly rip the CRA MX at either Malvern or Pymatunig. I really dont like Malvern though since there arent enough jumps there. I also MIGHT race at Sandusky tomorrow but not sure if Ill be able to get off work in time... Let me know either way...

K_Fulk
07-19-2004, 08:19 PM
I was gonna go to sandusky tommorow but those plans are shot. A couple of buddies are going to malvern saturday but i have to work.

If i do get it together ill go race at sunset ramblers sunday. http://www.sunsetramblers.com/

cals400ex
07-19-2004, 11:14 PM
hey TC, who did your head work and who lightened your flywheel?

knelson
11-27-2004, 12:14 PM
the 87 stamp is the casting number and I think that casting number was 87m not mm

TC426EX
11-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
hey TC, who did your head work and who lightened your flywheel?

Tom Carlson did both.....