PDA

View Full Version : Steering stabilzer and EZ pull clutch lever

mxva5413
07-17-2004, 08:30 AM
Where can i get the best deal on a good steering stabilzer and a ez pull clutch lever? Raced the 400ex for the first time last night and was very pleased with the way the bike handled but after about 6 laps man it was all I could do to hold on LOL!

redroost85
07-17-2004, 09:25 AM
Well, I'm sure you'll get many opinions on this, but one of my sponsors deals with PEP and that is the kind of e-z pull clutch and dampner I use. No complaints from me.:)

Dampner will run you around $140 and e-z pull lever and perch about $50...I also suggest a new cable if your is more than a year old just to be sure.

I was just down in Richmond about 2 weeks ago...man that's beautiful state.:cool:

mxva5413
07-17-2004, 09:32 AM
Should I get a steering stem too maybe a Houser or something like that? I'm on a tight budget but am willing to spend a little bit to keep from getting so beat up :)

mxva5413
07-17-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by redroost85

I was just down in Richmond about 2 weeks ago...man that's beautiful state.:cool:

Thanx yes it is a very nice state!

redroost85
07-17-2004, 11:12 AM
You also will get many opinions on the stem, but my opinion is no to the stem. You can get about 4 or 5 stock stems for the price of an aftermarket one. Besides sitting higher, I see no real advantage of the stem.

I would rather replace a stock stem than an aftermarket one.:)

I race mx with a stock stem and a dampner and I do just fine, but it's all up to you.

If you want to pimp it out without going aftermarket, you can just have it powdercoated...which is what I did, lol!:p

Oh yeah, Houser is a fine choice, I got nothing but good stuff to say about Houser.:cool:

jjthekj
07-17-2004, 12:10 PM
I agree with redroost. PEP and Houser both make great products. An anti vibration stem and some tapered bars would go a long way towards easing up the stress on your hands, wrists, and forearms. I see steering stablizers sell for $100 - $130 and E Z pull clutch lever & perch for $20 - $50 on e-bay. For new stuff, you should check out C&D. Most of the time Rocky Mountain ATV has the best prices, so I usually start there, then see if I can do better elsewhere. Don't forget to consider the price of shipping. If the cost is within a few bucks, I try to go through my local dealer.

mxva5413
07-17-2004, 07:55 PM
Thanx for all the help guys.....So how exactly does a steering stabilizer work....what does it do??

quader400
07-17-2004, 08:31 PM
it creates resistance on the stem so it wont turn as easily so going through bumps in the track and woops and stuff you dont get as beat up.

also how much does an aftermarket stem cost? can you get them stock length? are there any addvantages/disadvantages? and how much does a stock stem cost? thanks

gentner8
07-24-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by redroost85
Well, I'm sure you'll get many opinions on this, but one of my sponsors deals with PEP and that is the kind of e-z pull clutch and dampner I use. No complaints from me.:)

Dampner will run you around $140 and e-z pull lever and perch about $50...I also suggest a new cable if your is more than a year old just to be sure.

If you have a few extra beans laying around, you may want to look into the Magura hydraulic clutch. I put one on my EX, and I couldn't be happier.