PDA

View Full Version : 416 help quick please!!!

hondarider2006
07-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Well this morning we got my 416 put togeather, and it fired right up. Made sure everything was ok, valves were good, it ran good everything was perfect. I took it out to start breaking it in, it was running good and than it just died. Pulled it home, started looking at things, and first thing I did was check for spark. And there was none. I started digging around, checking things and everything looked good, until I looked at my Magun rev box. it had a big crack in it and you could kinda see inside, So I threw my stock one back in and it still didn't start. It will turn over, and a few times it TRIED to fire, but didn't start. Any help would be great guys....I need to get this thing broken in before sunday for its race. Again any help would be nice....

Florida400EX
07-16-2004, 04:02 PM
Dont know what to say. Now do a spark check with the stock box. Definetly stay away from that magnum stuff....looks kinda cheesy.... Good luck on sunday! :D

3x440ex
07-16-2004, 04:05 PM
check the spark plug wire....pull the cap off and check to see if there is spark coming from the end of the wire....sometimes those caps go bad.

redroost85
07-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Hmmmm, Nick. That's disheartening huh?:(

Apart from what the guy said above, I would also check your fuse and any other electrical chit...that always seems to bite me in the *** at all the wrong times.:o

cals400ex
07-16-2004, 05:01 PM
while your looking at the plug wire, check out the plug too. i am not sure either....

i would probably run the stock box knowing that one is cracked. also, i guess it wouldn't hurt to check to make sure fuel is in the bike, the run switch is on, and the choke is off after the bike was warmed up.

i realize you said it didn't have any spark, but not sure what to tell you there.

hondarider2006
07-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Well I filled it up before I left, there isn't a choke on my bike, and the killswitch is removed and replaced by a teather. I checked all of that, thinking it was my teather but it wasn't. I'm not sure what the hell it is...kinda weird that rev box just blew out. I am gonna keep tryin stuff. Anymore ideas would be great!!